Diesel Car Misfiring?

Sunset73

Turbocharged

I know of some 116d who have used cnergy for more than a year with no issues.

Cnergy does claim that their diesel is from SPC.

If you want to clean your injectors then dump a bottle of Caltex Techron D in lor, from now till end Jan still got buy 1 get next for 50%

↡ Advertisement

I am not sure.. But there is no other light other than engine check light.

You driving a diesel Carens?

So you advise against SPC? I just pumped full yesterday  :wacko:

see my post above lor.

I know of some 116d who have used cnergy for more than a year with no issues.

Cnergy does claim that their diesel is from SPC.

If you want to clean your injectors then dump a bottle of Caltex Techron D in lor, from now till end Jan still got buy 1 get next for 50%

Maybe I am just suay? Wow, 116d still pump cnergy lol.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. I will go caltex see look see look

The possibility I can think of is water in the diesel. Water present in diesel fuel is common it's just a matter of how much. Water cannot be compressed, so when it enters the fuel injectors the engine will try to combust water that entered its system. Of course it will fail to combust hence what you experience lor. Juddering , momentarily lost of power, warning light etc.

If I were you I won't even try using diesel from other oil cartels other dan the main ones. I believe the supplier of your diesel fuel has to do with what you had experienced. I could be wrong but I would prefer to use Cow tax's diesel. Other unknown diesel suppliers could be selling you water + diesel coz the two mix well together. Cheap diesel has a price to pay. If you spoil your engine. Good luck.

PS:Nothing to do with what euro6 or euro5. Those are just emissions standards. What comes out of the exhaust.

Here's a good read...

http://www.mycleandiesel.com/pages/ProblemWater.aspx

You on your 4th tank? You pray hard the water doesn't stay in your fuel tank.

Tell tale sign of water in diesel is white smoke, like doing fumigation from exhaust. Black smoke is more from clogged air filter.

Tell tale sign of water in diesel is white smoke, like doing fumigation from exhaust. Black smoke is more from clogged air filter.

What happens if I have neither?

How to see white smoke if u r the driver? Unless idling time go out check.

run 1-2 tanks of caltex diesel. you will for sure feel the diff.

Caltex diesel really got diff, pump liao feel slow n nt so responsive. But smoother n quieter compared to smartenergy

Caltex diesel really got diff, pump liao feel slow n nt so responsive. But smoother n quieter compared to smartenergy

Suitable for me! I am a slowpoke and road hog on the roads.. I'll do anything to cut down on fuel consumption

If industrial diesel got water and cause engines to break down, then we should also see a lot of lorries and vans stuck on the road?

I use cheap "industrial" diesel on my euro2 van for 6 years until scrapped.

Doesn't have any problem. Passed all smoke test.

However, it's recommended to change fuel filter every 20k km.

Diesel fuel filter has a screw cap at the bottom.

It is used for letting out water that may collect at the filter.

Old Diesel engine is very robust, no much issue .. might even run on cooking oil (used)

New engine from euro 4 onward is sensitive due to much higher working pressure (>1000bar) of the HPCR injection system

• Praise 2

Hi all,

This morning had a shock while I was hitching 2 riders to work. Just entered KJE @ speed 80km/hr and the car suddenly judder + engine check light came on. The vibration continued for about 5 min and went off. However, engine check light still on. Brought to workshop and was informed that there was a misfiring logged. The workshop mechanic drove around but there was no issue. No significant loss of power or weird juddering.

Driving a Mazda CX-3 1.5 diesel and on my 4th tank of Cnergy diesel (Toh Tuck).

Previous 3 tanks also no issue. I also saw other diesel cars (Carens, Fluence, Scenic, Mokka) filling up at Cnergy.

I thought diesel cars won't misfire? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Were you driving near empty tank when/just before this incident happens?

(edited)

Were you driving near empty tank when/just before this incident happens?

Not really. Diesel was slightly below 1/4 tank when it happened Edited by Sunset73

Not really. Diesel was slightly below 1/4 tank when it happened

I see, did you use Malaysian Diesel(Euro5) prior/before?

Their's is a 7% BioDiesel blend and it has a  detergent effect where it dislodges dirt in the fuel line which can cause temporary fuel starvation which has the same phenomena as you describe.

Any case, as advised by other forumers, it is a good practise have your fuel filter changed regularly(i do it every 2 servicing) as it is a relatively inexpensive comsumable.

Also I have been using Cnergy regularly for the last 2yrs and it has been satisfactory though abit more 'rough' as compared to Caltex/Esso. So far no issues whatsoever.

E2 dun have dpf system

if the dpf choke , 1 time cleaning already a few hundred or more, and 1-2 days down time.

if buy new lorry better dun try lol

I see, did you use Malaysian Diesel(Euro5) prior/before?

Their's is a 7% BioDiesel blend and it has a detergent effect where it dislodges dirt in the fuel line which can cause temporary fuel starvation which has the same phenomena as you describe.

Any case, as advised by other forumers, it is a good practise have your fuel filter changed regularly(i do it every 2 servicing) as it is a relatively inexpensive comsumable.

Also I have been using Cnergy regularly for the last 2yrs and it has been satisfactory though abit more 'rough' as compared to Caltex/Esso. So far no issues whatsoever.

Nope. Never ever. Thanks for the advice bro. Cnergy gives me much better mileage than SPC I feel. I recently added the Caltex D concentrate before pumping full at Cnergy. Now car very responsive and fuel consumption is lower. With 41 litres of diesel I can go 1100km.

Nope. Never ever. Thanks for the advice bro. Cnergy gives me much better mileage than SPC I feel. I recently added the Caltex D concentrate before pumping full at Cnergy. Now car very responsive and fuel consumption is lower. With 41 litres of diesel I can go 1100km.

Wow, that is fantastic mileage! 41L barely gives me 600km!

Wow, that is fantastic mileage! 41L barely gives me 600km!

What car you driving? Diesel should give you a good mileage and fc, unless you driving those high end beemer or so

What car you driving? Diesel should give you a good mileage and fc, unless you driving those high end beemer or so

Well it's a 2.2d 1.9ton car. With alot of city traffic and start stop turned off, I guess it's norm.

In highways where it's in its environment, it returns 4.5 - 5.5l/100km.

↡ Advertisement