• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic | 171 praises

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Had car wash at caltex station with 1 for 1 promo. Only available at the 4 stations stated in the photo. Its also decently clean and thorough unlike some stations whom brush and go. Worth a trip if you are nearby.
20180128_115356.jpg 20180128_115331.jpg

Mods, pls merge if there already has a suitable thread. Searched car wash, caltex, 1 for 1 and nothing matched

Edited by Lightsabre, 29 January 2018 - 09:05 AM.

therock, Adrianli, SiLangKia, Pocy, Invigorated, Tianmo, Spring and 5 other members praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Have been washing at Caltex Lor Chuan. 1+1 applicable only from 8am to 8pm. Cleaning standards I would say average so so. Share your experience.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:38 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Have been washing at Caltex Lor Chuan. 1+1 applicable only from 8am to 8pm. Cleaning standards I would say average so so. Share your experience.

I go to the upper serangoon rd one near to upper serangoon shopping centre.. Very clean and dry. The washer and dryer are both burmese and got 1 malay guy also very good..

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I go to the upper serangoon rd one near to upper serangoon shopping centre.. Very clean and dry. The washer and dryer are both burmese and got 1 malay guy also very good..

Will try that one next time .....Thanks 👍

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Will try that one next time .....Thanks ð

And the branch i mentioned is 10am to 10pm.. Just fyi
AltisOwner and SiLangKia praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:50 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Was at Caltex Lor Chuan noon time for my usual car wash. The PRC guy stepped on my SUV wheel and held the roof rail to wipe the roof. I knew they had low ladder for reaching the higher vehicles like MPV, SUV, van and etc. Would anyone let the worker steps on his vehicle wheel and hold the roof rail?
AltisOwner praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Was at Caltex Lor Chuan noon time for my usual car wash. The PRC guy stepped on my SUV wheel and held the roof rail to wipe the roof. I knew they had low ladder for reaching the higher vehicles like MPV, SUV, van and etc. Would anyone let the worker steps on his vehicle wheel and hold the roof rail?

Some car wash I see uses the micro fibre stick to clean the top of the car.. Also seen some stepping on the wheel. Maybe if u dont prefer the latter, can let them know beforehand?

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some car wash I see uses the micro fibre stick to clean the top of the car.. Also seen some stepping on the wheel. Maybe if u dont prefer the latter, can let them know beforehand?

They used the micro fiber stick to wash car roof. It was the drying process the guy stepped on my SUV wheel and helded the roof rail. Told them before.

And the branch i mentioned is 10am to 10pm.. Just fyi

Open 10am to 10pm or for 1+1?
Caltex Lor Chuan opens 24 hours but 1+1 only 8am to 8pm.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

They used the micro fiber stick to wash car roof. It was the drying process the guy stepped on my SUV wheel and helded the roof rail. Told them before.
Caltex Lor Chuan opens 24 hours but 1+1 only 8am to 8pm.

Time to switch.. Anyway out of those 4 stations, only upper thomson out of the way.. The rest are all nearby.. Operating hrs 10am to 10pm. Its not 24hr

Edited by Buadongdong, 28 January 2018 - 05:11 PM.

Newbie26 praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[quote name="Buadongdong" post="6329242" timestamp="1517130606"]

Time to switch.. Anyway out of those 4 stations, only upper thomson out of the way.. The rest are all nearby..

Caltex Lor Chuan opens 24 hours but 1+1 only 8am to 8pm.[/quote]
Operating hours. Its not 24hours[/quote]

One thing Caltex does not do is pressure hose down the car before spraying foam. They simply spray water instead. Shell did pressure hose down and I switched back to them though $9 per wash. However, Shell also turned to simply spray water. I then went back to Caltex for 1+1 at $11.

Edited by Pocy, 28 January 2018 - 05:20 PM.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

SGCMHello
  • SGCMHello
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Please don't go,very long queue. After washing, your car is clean, but your face will turn black after the long wait.

Some jokers will gong-gong wash car for 45mins to save a few dollars. How much do u earn per hour, u sure it is worth the wait!!!
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:23 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Please don't go,very long queue. After washing, your car is clean, but your face will turn black after the long wait.

Some jokers will gong-gong wash car for 45mins to save a few dollars. How much do u earn per hour, u sure it is worth the wait!!!

Where good car wash and no queue? Wait 45min too long.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Today i waited less than 15mins leh..depends on which part of the day bah..
Carbon82 and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

SGCMHello
  • SGCMHello
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Today i waited less than 15mins leh..depends on which part of the day bah..

So u kena the rain after washing? .....Whole afternoon raining. This type of weather no need to wait.

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:22 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So u kena the rain after washing? .....Whole afternoon raining. This type of weather no need to wait.

Where good car wash and no queue?
Angcheek, Mercs and Spring praised this

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Afternoon was fine and sunny.. It started to rain at abt 4.30pm at my side..

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

hsl118
  • Premium member
    hsl118
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Don't want to create new thread, fresh:

<SAFRA Members' Exclusive> Get a FREE Thermal Bag worth $12 with min. $40 gross fuel purchase in a single receipt till 11 Mar, while stocks last! What's more, enjoy 14% off fuel with your SAFRA card all Caltex stations! T&Cs apply. Visit www.safra.sg/caltex for details. Unsub UN to 79900
Invigorated and 1 Anonymous member praised this
"... cease not till death ..."
#117:30k/#173:40k/#705:50k/#xxx:60k

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:46 AM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

CNY period got 1+1? Price should be up 2-3 dollars I think.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:11 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The 1 for 1 offer not valid during CNY period.. Its written at the front of the voucher.
20180212_101244.jpg

Edited by Buadongdong, 12 February 2018 - 10:13 AM.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:20 AM

Henryngseowkok
  • Henryngseowkok
    Clutched
    Author Image

Yesterday afternoon went to Upper Serangoon, the 1+1 promo is temporary stop from 9 Feb to 19 Feb. For Saloon car wash is $11.

Buadongdong praised this

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Oscars Leasing Pte Ltd

Oscars Leasing Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by mjason_cruz88  |  Neutral Newbie

Highly recommended and trustworthy!

Don and Kris are always very accommodating and helpful. Excellent customer service. Overall good experience. Very competitive on rates and will always assure that condition of the car is very good.

Will continue to rent from them as always! So give it a try! » Read More

BH Auto Services Pte Ltd

BH Auto Services Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Unclebutcher  |  Neutral Newbie

Called in recently when i went for a basic service for my aging Altis elsewhere and the other workshop said I needed to change front discs and pads at almost $400. Decided not to and sought an opinion here - who took my front tyres out and found out that the rotors and pads are still good to go until scrap. They did charge me a small fee for the labour but could've easi... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Car Grooming - Wash & Polish

Quick Reply

Tags: car wash, 1for1, caltex, wash and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users