Keeping cash at home

Ysc3

You show me one  next time can? Not those for burning.

you sure you want to meet me hor..... :a-rip:

[laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Many rich elites here with lots of cash sitting at home.

The richest i felt when flushed with cash, was just more than 8 mth ago, when i sold off my ford focus with about 3 mth to go before scrap, on the way to collecting my new ride...

The buyer actually paid me the ~$9k in cash at LTA when doing the transfer. He went to withdraw 9 pcs of $1k notes plus some other notes ($50 and $100).

I should have requested him to withdraw a $10k note and i'll give him change - never seen $10k notes before leh...  [laugh]

similar for me, i used 2x10k notes for deposit / balance payment a decade ago. now no 10k notes le. if only i hv 1m tall 10k notes lol..

I think it was discussed before that $10k note very troublesome one ...

this one?

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/singapore-to-stop-issuing-10000-notes-to-combat-money-laundering

• Praise 2

You show me one  next time can? Not those for burning.

purple color one, i think it's the biggest pc in SG liao, normal wallet cannot contain the height fully, I used to fold twice and insert into the card compartment. 

singapore_1000_2009.00.00_b50a_f.jpg

there used to be a green color $500 note also, but not commonly seen, not sure if still available. Have not received this green note very long liao.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

purple color one, i think it's the biggest pc in SG liao, normal wallet cannot contain the height fully, I used to fold twice and insert into the card compartment. 

there used to be a green color $500 note also, but not commonly seen, not sure if still available. Have not received this green note very long liao.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Don't wanna see specimen la...

uncle @radx will show me the real one. In return, I will demonstrate a magic trick for him.

• Praise 2

uncle @radx will show me the real one. In return, I will demonstrate a magic trick for him.

The infamous disappearing trick right? 

for both the note and you!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

there used to be a green color $500 note also, but not commonly seen, not sure if still available. Have not received this green note very long liao. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I thought you like to fold it into smaller pieces hide inside your soak. Don't let wife discover.

I thought you like to fold it into smaller pieces hide inside your soak. Don't let wife discover.

I not worry wife discover, I actually more worry GFs discover.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

then @radx will do this... 

post-195148-0-70382400-1517374962.jpg

The infamous disappearing trick right?

for both the note and you!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Lol

Yup... got his photo bo? Can start sending him wreath

• Praise 2

I think it was discussed before that $10k note very troublesome one ...

Elite got follow such news. 

The trouble is that It's out of my league  [laugh]

similar for me, i used 2x10k notes for deposit / balance payment a decade ago. now no 10k notes le. if only i hv 1m tall 10k notes lol..

this one?

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/singapore-to-stop-issuing-10000-notes-to-combat-money-laundering

wah... a decade ago already got 10k noteS...

you the man...

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Elite got follow such news. 

The trouble is that It's out of my league  [laugh]

not news lah ... iirc should be some thread here also ... saying to withdraw a 10k note need to produce ic  ... then want to use also must record ic  or something ...

not news lah ... iirc should be some thread here also ... saying to withdraw a 10k note need to produce ic  ... then want to use also must record ic  or something ...

oic...

missed that. 

Apart from 10k notes, is there any 5k denominated note leh?

Twincharged

oic...

missed that. 

Apart from 10k notes, is there any 5k denominated note leh?

the most rare one in circulation will the the $25 note ... i think the 1k notes even more than the $25 note.

the most rare one in circulation will the the $25 note ... i think the 1k notes even more than the $25 note.

yah, for years i was hoping to see another one and i'll keep it instead of using it, but dunno how many decades never see the $25 note again...

even those old old orchid/ship series also saw more...

Twincharged

yah, for years i was hoping to see another one and i'll keep it instead of using it, but dunno how many decades never see the $25 note again...

even those old old orchid/ship series also saw more...

but for me I don't really care ... money is mean to be spent/used, not meant for keeping.

just like when the current $1 coin came out ...I used it to buy toto ... and the lady asked me "why aren't you keeping these?"

I just told her the same thing.

but for me I don't really care ... money is mean to be spent/used, not meant for keeping.

just like when the current $1 coin came out ...I used it to buy toto ... and the lady asked me "why aren't you keeping these?"

I just told her the same thing.

Quite true what you said - most of the times...

I also go by this, except for the rare notes/coins. The new $1 coin was going to become common, so no point keeping.

But the rare stuff like the SG50 commemorative set and the $25 notes, i would keep if i have lor. Wait a few generations, can maybe be a decent investment  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement