• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic | 22 praises

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

Suirattigas
  • Premium member
    Suirattigas
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi there, I’m getting my ride next weekend. Currently it is fitted with 18’.
Any fellow mini buddies out there fitted with 19’?
Can you share your views?
Is the ride really very much Firmer?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

Felipe
  • Felipe
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

One inch up won’t make a noticeable difference in ride quality. If u were ok with 18 during testing, 19 is fine too. However, spend more on tyres n brakes suspension components wear faster slightly, if tat bothers u

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:43 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

18" = 18 inch

18' = 18 foot

Just FYI.

Hoseyboh praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Doesn’t mini oredi hv a hard ride?

Sat in a fren’s cooper S w 18”. Ride was sibei jiggly n uncomfortable leh

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

Suirattigas
  • Premium member
    Suirattigas
    1st Gear
    Author Image

18" = 18 inch

18' = 18 foot

Just FYI.

roger that .... thanks bro :)

Edited by Suirattigas, 30 January 2018 - 09:15 AM.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 09:59 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Doesn’t mini oredi hv a hard ride?

Sat in a fren’s cooper S w 18”. Ride was sibei jiggly n uncomfortable leh

That's why Mini can enter or exit expressway around 80 w/o tyre screeching.

Only ole man will says it is uncomfortable
😜

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

Suirattigas
  • Premium member
    Suirattigas
    1st Gear
    Author Image

will switching out of run- flats help?

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:24 AM

Lava
  • Lava
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi there, I’m getting my ride next weekend. Currently it is fitted with 18’.
Any fellow mini buddies out there fitted with 19’?
Can you share your views?
Is the ride really very much Firmer?

just collected my clubman s on last weekend.

no intention to change it to 19" rim coz it will reduce it comfort level. I had 18" on my pervious 5 drs coopers s and the ride is

definitely harder than the original 17". but again the positioning of hatch back and clubman is totally different.

18" should be the right size for clubman s without reducing your ride comfort.

pls take note that the brake may produce some sound when braking at low speed if you put on after market rims, this is what

happen to my pervious 5 drs cooper s.

Suirattigas and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

Lava
  • Lava
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

will switching out of run- flats help?

ride comfort will increase. I switched out the run-flat on my pervious ride and replace by pss, ride comfort

and handling improved. but need to worry about flat tires when we travel to Malaysia.

clubman is still very comfortable and quiet on run-flat. the feel is totally different from hatchback mini. moreover

clubman s came in 8 speed gearbox and the engine feel silky smooth.

take time to get used to the relatively small rear view window.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:38 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ride comfort will increase. I switched out the run-flat on my pervious ride and replace by pss, ride comfort
and handling improved. but need to worry about flat tires when we travel to Malaysia.

clubman is still very comfortable and quiet on run-flat. the feel is totally different from hatchback mini. moreover
clubman s came in 8 speed gearbox and the engine feel silky smooth.

take time to get used to the relatively small rear view window.

Juz get Slime tyre repair kit.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:43 AM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That's why Mini can enter or exit expressway around 80 w/o tyre screeching.

Only ole man will says it is uncomfortable
ð

Ahemmm....now I understand why u prefer to cycle instead of driving....

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

Suirattigas
  • Premium member
    Suirattigas
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Was offered (attached picture) at a pretty good price for trading in my stock rims... the test drive was good with the 18" but the back passengers may find it a tad too firm.... and with 19" no sure how much firmer the ride will get

Attached Thumbnails

• 2017-Mini-Clubman-John-Cooper-Works-wheels-02.jpg

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:50 AM

Lava
  • Lava
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Juz get Slime tyre repair kit.

bro, I had one set in my pervious ride. the mini is my wife car and I am very sure that she don't know how to

operate that equipment.

can you imagine that she asked me what is the 2 ears one with a '+' and the other one what a '-' behind the steering wheel?

Davidtch praised this

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

Lava
  • Lava
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Was offered (attached picture) at a pretty good price for trading in my stock rims... the test drive was good with the 18" but the back passengers may find it a tad too firm.... and with 19" no sure how much firmer the ride will get

nice rims but I still prefer comfort than sporty else will defeat the propose of changing my hatchback to clubman.

yours new ride is british racing green white top with black interior?

clubman seem to have default auto headlight and DRL cannot be switched off.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:10 PM

Suirattigas
  • Premium member
    Suirattigas
    1st Gear
    Author Image

nice rims but I still prefer comfort than sporty else will defeat the propose of changing my hatchback to clubman.

yours new ride is british racing green white top with black interior?

clubman seem to have default auto headlight and DRL cannot be switched off.

Yes it shall be BR green white top/ strips with black interior as per my avatar. What about yours?

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:17 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ahemmm....now I understand why u prefer to cycle instead of driving....

Actually I like both.

I hates traffic only

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Lava
  • Lava
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Yes it shall be BR green white top/ strips with black interior as per my avatar. What about yours?

Burgundy with blue interior. the car feel very stable but the drive is not as engaging as the hatchback.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 12:28 PM

Suirattigas
  • Premium member
    Suirattigas
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Burgundy with blue interior. the car feel very stable but the drive is not as engaging as the hatchback.

Nice!! Love the blue interior... well, still more engaging than ctryman haha

Posted 30 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If u can live w the oredi harsh ride on the 18s, a little harsher on the 19s will make little difference.

And who cares what the backseat passengers think? They oredi kena tortured by the tight space at the back. What’s a little bit more pain?....LOL

Posted 30 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

Lava
  • Lava
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Nice!! Love the blue interior... well, still more engaging than ctryman haha

yes, definitely more engaging than the countryman. was looking at the countryman s but find it too expansive.

I think clubman is a more balance car within mini family, not too big (countryman) nor too small (hatchback).

it will loss some drive fun compare to the hatch but it give you higher level of comfort with more leg room in a

bigger interior.

I like it van type of rear door opening but it will be a challenge to install rear dashcam. MH will not install rear

dashcam for you. I get it done outside and installed a backup battery pack. do look for a experience installer to

install rear dashcam as it is not an easy job. you will lost your warranty if short circuit.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mini, minimini, rims, cooper and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users