Dear friends of Fantasy Desserts,
The past 2 days, a dramatic event unfolded between Fantasy Desserts and a "customer" - Celena Ho.
P.s: Till date, we don't know if Celena is a real customer or not, as she could not produced any receipt, time, date, photo of her visit to our shop. Despite us asking her multiple times.
She claims, that Fantasy Desserts threatened to sue her over a bad review, and it has gone viral on the internet which is not true.
We would like to shade some light and truth to what truly happened.
To have a full accurate story -
1. Celena posted a malicious and spiteful review on Fantasy Desserts, claiming that she had bought an egglet from us, stating that we use "cheap sugary candies" (our toppings are high quality candies from Candylicious Singapore), claiming that she can spend $12 better off else where.
2. We do not sell anything at $12, hence, Sara thought that she has given a fake review.
3. Sara replied using her personal name thanking her for her "fake review" on the company FB page, as we do not sell any items at that price.
- The reason as to why Sara thought that it was fake, was because we do not sell anything at $12 at the shop. It was an inaccurate misrepresentation of our company. And her first natural reaction was to protect the company.
4. Celena got excited, became even more malicious, screenshot what Sara replied her, and posted this on her personal FB profile.
- Asking people to BOYCOTT our company due to the reason that Sara called her review a "fake".
- Then accused the company for paying bloggers for fake paid reviews.
- Accused us for deleting her 2 star review - Biz pages cannot delete any reviews, both good and bad, facebook does not allow that. There are other 2 stars review on our page.
- Accused us for treating our customers like dirt.
5. We wrote back by the company account stating that "we have the RIGHTS to sue her for false misrepresentation of the company and for trying to ruin the company reputation on purpose".
P.s: Not because of a bad review, we welcome all reviews, and we strive to continue to improve in our service standards.
6. Celena then updated her post stating that we "threatened her", which we did not. We merely stated that we have the rights to sue her for misrepresentation of our company.
P.S: Stating that we have the rights to sue her, and "going" to sue her has 2 totally different meanings.
- Celena got more excited, then she twisted our words, and updated her personal FB post again, stating "we threatened her due to a bad review", completely ignoring the fact that she lied about her review in the first place, hence resulting us in thinking that she was a fake reviewer.
7. Ever since she has posted these allegations on her personal FB profile page, we received multiple fake 1 star reviews from random strangers who did not visit our store, hence, we paused our review option on FB.
P.S: But nothing was deleted, we still can't do that.
8. The company apologized to her publicly for being "harsh" for calling her review a "fake" on her page, offered her a full refund, or another egglet.
- Despite the fact that she has no proof till now, that she has really visited the store or not.
- No receipt was shown, no time and date for us to check our CCTV.
- Picture shown/presented by her was already half eaten, without her face, or any proof that, that image was even real.
- We still don't know if she's a real customer or just a trouble maker.
9. Sara had made the effort to PM Celena Ho, privately to apologize and to clarify and rectify the situation, since Sunday 6.20pm, as seen below in the picture as soon as soon as she realized that she was harsh by calling her out as a "fake" review, in a peaceful and amicable manner.
******But Celena Ho chose to be malicious, updated her personal FB profile post to accuse us for "treating her like dirt", just because she's not a blogger, etc.
10. In summary, we have admitted mistakes made on our part, by calling her false $12 review a "fake", and we had been trying to be civil and rectify the situation with her for more than 48h.
- Kindly seeking her understanding and to request to have her remove the post on her FB.
- But Celena Ho chose to continue to be spiteful, she continued to deliberately ruin the image of the company.
We would like to clarify to the public that:
If Celena Ho really had the good intention to help businesses to improve, from reviews or feedback, like what she said she was trying to do.
- Firstly, she would not be using words like "cheap sugary candies", "better off spending your $12 on a good quality gelato elsewhere", such statement is already malicious and spiteful in the first place.
- Secondly, company has tried to settle peacefully with apologies but she ignored and continue her attempt to ruin the company’s reputation to her own benefit.
- It is clear and obvious that she is not a genuine customer who wants to give constructive feedback but rather someone who is going all out to harm the company’s reputation.
- On top of it, she conveniently lied about spending $12 at our shop, we do not sell anything at $12, hence that resulted us to believe that her review was fake.
******We have no issues receiving bad 1-2 stars reviews from our customers, if their statement was true and accurate.
That's the only way whereby we can keep track of our staff, their customer service and quality of our food.
But like every other businesses, we DO NOT appreciate FAKE reviews with FALSE statements or responses that are malicious and disparaging, baseless and untrue, unjustifiable and outside the realm of fair comment.
Our company did not "threaten to sue Celena Ho for a bad review".
We stated that "we have the rights to sue her for false misrepresentation of our company" as she had made some false accusations of the company on her personal FB profile page.
Celena Ho claimed that we are threatening to sue her due to a "bad review". That is highly inaccurate.
It is due to the fact that, she had conceived/propagated the following disparaging image/impression of our company on her PERSONAL FB PAGE (NOT because of her INITIAL review on our business page):
a. That we utilises substandard ingredients/products;
b. That we do not treat their customers well and/or fairly;
c. That we pay bloggers to publish/circulate positive reviews/feedback; and
d. That we actively remove negative reviews/feedback from patrons/customers.
due to these DEFAMATORY CONTENT and Misrepresentation of our Company:
a. “cheap sugary candies”;
b. “treating your customers like dirt”;
c. “… I believe my tastebuds and judgment should not be ridiculed in such a manner!!!”;
d. “I guess that’s how they maintain “positive” reviews on their page”; and e. “pays bloggers for positive reviews”.
Just like any other company, we don't have a perfect record, we have other fair 2-3 star reviews with non malicious intent, productive feedback too, to highlight to us on what we may improve on, and we are completely ok with that. We have many 5 stars reviews by real customers not “fake” customers and they are not paid to write them. We also have 2 stars reviews which we did not delete and are unable to delete them. We accept all reviews and aim to improve ourselves as we are a new business and many new staff are undergoing training as it is a learning process.
We are open to true and unbiased, non malicious, ill-intended reviews. We would accept it and try to constantly improve.
To read the TRUTH and UNBIASED side of the WHOLE STORY, you may refer to STOMP Straits Times coverage - http://stomp.straitstimes.com/…/dessert-shop-threatens-to-s…
Her VIRAL FB post was shared with 800+ people around Singapore, with her very one sided story, with FALSE accusations that we are "threatening to sue her due to a bad review" - was HIGHLY INACCURATE, causing netizens who did not know the whole truth to be upset with our company. Celena Ho's malicious and spiteful post made our company look bad to the eye of the public.
But as soon as STOMP reviewed the entire truth of what truly happened between us.
- That she might just a "trouble maker", Celena Ho finally DELETED her viral facebook post with false claims. And as of now, she has also took the liberty of DELETING/SUSPENDING HER ENTIRE FB ACCOUNT.
We would like to let the public know that, we will strive to improve on our customer service. But we still do not appreciate false reviews, with malicious intent to hurt the reputation of our company.
For those who have tried and love our desserts, we want to take this opportunity, to thank you, for supporting us despite this whole unnecessary episode.