Retailer fight back on bad review

Jman888

I'd take a tub of HD for $12 or a tub of B&J for 10$ over this kind of ice cream any day la.

wah your HD very atas price....

yesterday i just bought HD for <$8 a tub

:D

↡ Advertisement

I need to call you out on this one, please don't haunt me:

http://www.businessinsider.com/irregardless-real-word-regardless-kory-stamper-education-dictionary-mean-girls-lexicon-merriam-webster-2017-6/?IR=T

Kory Stamper, a lexicographer for Merriam-Webster and author of "Word by Word: The Secret Life of Dictionaries," told us that "irregardless" is a word in the dictionary, and how to use it correctly. Following is a transcript of the video.

"Irregardless" is a word and we're duty-bound to enter it.

My name is Kory Stamper and I am a lexicographer for Merriam-Webster. That means I am a writer and editor of dictionaries.

One word that gets a lot of vitriol is the word "irregardless." There is a dictionary entry for "irregardless." "Irregardless" is a word. This inspires specific vehement hatred in people. "Irregardless" is a word and we're duty-bound to enter it.

"Irregardless" is a word. It is related to "regardless." It is actually a blend of two words. It's a blend of "irrespective" and "regardless." People hate it because they say that it has no use — why not just use "regardless"?

But actually in the dialect that "irregardless" comes from, it has a specific use that doesn't translate well in print. It's basically an emphatic use of "regardless." So if you’re a native speaker of certain dialects that use "irregardless" you use "irregardless" to shut down further conversation on a topic. I might say, “Dad, let me borrow the car. I'm a really good driver.” And he'll say, “Regardless, I'm not comfortable.” I'll say, “Oh but come on. I'll get it detailed, and I'll put gas in it.” He’ll say, “Irregardless, no.”

The point of the "irregardless" is to shut down conversation. So "irregardless" is a word. It has a specific use, in particular dialects. That said, it’s not part of standard English and so — especially if you’re writing or if you’re speaking in formal places — you want to use "regardless" instead. Because if you use "irregardless," people will think you’re uneducated.

paging grammar sheep @darryn

lol

• Praise 1

Cant stand it when strawberry generation bring their self-entitlement attitudes to the own business they set up.

Customers have the right to express their own views.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Cant stand it when strawberry generation bring their self-entitlement attitudes to the own business they set up.

Customers have the right to express their own views.

ASK never face rejection or negative critic before, everyone must praise them good and clever boy/girl   [laugh]

wait.... will she come and sue us on our comments here?   [sweatdrop]

Edited by Jman888

k. later i go stock up.

i only eat kopi flavor.

GIANT offer for Hagen Daz.

2 tubs for SGD19.90.

Anyway, this saga is really bo liao.

Just a negative review behave like this already.

If the bugger burn the whole shop down, then this shop owner go kill the bugger's whole family meh?

All these people, ego vs ego.

ASK never face rejection or negative critic before, everyone must praise them good and clever boy/girl   [laugh]

wait.... will she come and sue us on our comments here?   [sweatdrop]

this one also ASK.

Drive BMW. Recently graduate from UK Uni.

Now going to stay the best 6 Stars hotel. very happening indeed

13096259_10153487229662344_6760679376473

27336771_1621917564533483_73757873258139

Self-pawn dessert stall

======================

1. Celena posted a malicious and spiteful review on Fantasy Desserts, claiming that she had bought an egglet from us, stating that we use "cheap sugary candies" (our toppings are high quality candies from Candylicious Singapore), claiming that she can spend $12 better off else where.

2. We do not sell anything at $12, hence, Sara thought that she has given a fake review.

Very strange way to conclude point 2.

Can't the customer buy a few items which then add up to $12?

Just because the menu doesn't have anything $12 does not mean the customer did not spend $12.  To conclude that it was a fake review simply because the menu doesn't have anything $12 is impulsive and did not think through.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

Hoseyliao, I go stock up later....ð

Heart pain for me. I recently bought 2 tubs at 11 plus - thought it was quite okay already and here comes a ten dollar offer.

Heart pain for me. I recently bought 2 tubs at 11 plus - thought it was quite okay already and here comes a ten dollar offer.

he bought at $19+ but you bought at $11+, why you heartache?
↡ Advertisement