Hired car with driver from SG to KL

kdash

my concern is that it would be tough for my wife to handle 2 young kids on her own and taking public transport. i have also noted from you and other bros on the safety concern, which is why we are considering other options rather than hired transport. thanks

• Praise 1

What dates are you looking at bro?

BTW many bus companies go from places like Clementi or AMK directly into the city, and drop you at Times Square for example. Easy to get cabs from there.

Bring less luggage and you will be fine. Ask them to pack light.

bus co normally pick up at golden mile, sg flyer, harbourfront, boonlay or big box

some dropping area like sunway lagoon, kl bus terminal, concorde hotel, berjaya etc, from there can take uber or grab 

• Praise 1

I still think flight is safer for your family. Air steward and stewardess will be around to help your wife with the kids and they will be given priority whether at the gates or at the custom checkpoints. At custom checkpoints tell your wife to make sure she and the kids are seen/spotted by any custom officers. They will give her priority.

Bus and car journeys will be too long for the children. Toilet break for all of them is an issue.

As for reservist, you may try to look for your CO to give you time off to send your wife & kids to the airport and see them off. Can be done. Bring along copies of the e-tickets as prove.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

you mean those buses travelling at 150km/h on nshw with the drivers nodding off are safe?

:D

dun spread fake news, their speed limiter cut in at 120kmh [laugh]

dun spread fake news, their speed limiter cut in at 120kmh [laugh]

sorry...i dunno got speed limiter

yah indeed drivers nodding off at 120km/h is safer

:D

• Praise 1

Frankly i will never let my young kids travel to a foreign country without me around. 

To me, unless some grandma is on the sickbed or what, almost all trips can be postponed.

• Praise 2

you all worried too much, i let my girl follow my mum (60 yrs old) to KL on bus, train, plane, many time when she was 2 years old 20 years ago.

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 2

you all worried too much, i let my girl follow my mum (60 yrs old) to KL on bus, train, plane, many time when she was 2 years old 20 years ago.

i think also partly is the ratio lah. 1 adult 2 young kids. If 1:1 then yeah sure can consider

But i'd rather fly then take bus up to KL lor.

• Praise 1

Nowadays, parents worried tooooo much la.

thanks guys for all the inputs.

we have discussed further and my MIL has agreed to come down to SG and go up KL along with my family. so likely plan is that they will drive up.

thanks again especially those who offered to drive my family up, both posted here as well as via pm. much appreciated, its the thought that matters

• Praise 1

包车 service is already quite well established in msia just like Taiwan, no like the old days where you grab a 霸王车 in the street.

Even now i always take those people at JB city link bridge calling to fetch people back to singapore, i sometime even call them to come to singapore to fetch us in.

Yeah, I engaged similar service from Johor also. Hyundai Starex. The driver will drive into Singapore; pick up everyone; drive into Malaysia and then handover (I opted to self drive in Malaysia). Some of the companies are quite established, ie they are punctual and the vehicles are in good condition. The pros of sitting in 'cars' like this is that you go through the custom like any other normal car, instead of getting off the bus to get your passport printed and then board the bus again. And also, those drivers all abang abang with the custom officers so its a breeze entering Malaysia's side.

• Praise 2

Geeezz.....since when reservist can siam so easy one one just by taking a MC. I must have left 2PDF long loooong time ago.

Btw, reservist.......where got time!!! :grin:

Yeah, I engaged similar service from Johor also. Hyundai Starex. The driver will drive into Singapore; pick up everyone; drive into Malaysia and then handover (I opted to self drive in Malaysia). Some of the companies are quite established, ie they are punctual and the vehicles are in good condition. The pros of sitting in 'cars' like this is that you go through the custom like any other normal car, instead of getting off the bus to get your passport printed and then board the bus again. And also, those drivers all abang abang with the custom officers so its a breeze entering Malaysia's side.

I have personally tried the service from Merryworld but the trip is from KL to Singapore. Good point is door to door and custom clearance without disembarking car. The rate might be similar in the opposite route though. Potential issue might be driver's late arrival time in Singapore.

This company email reply is superb prompt and can communicate through whatsapp.

The car is Nissan Teana 2.0 and driver quite friendly. Check it out!

http://www.merryworldholidays.com/car-rental-malaysia/our-chauffeur-rates

• Praise 1