Where do you do your servicing/repair/tyre change?

kobayashiGT

Where do you do your servicing/repair/tyre change?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you do your servicing/repair/tyre change?

• Singapore
    • Singapore but go back Authorized Dealer
    • Malaysia
    • Do it myself

Internal Moderator

Hi guys, 

Can you all help me with this polls? I would like to garner genuine feedback from you guys on your servicing and tyre change routine. 

giphy.gif

Recently, I have receive feedback from workshops that their business is slow even during this CNY period. My objective here is to understand and study how can workshop better facilitate our motoring need and advice them accordingly. your opinion and feedback is very valuable to us!      

I will randomly reward 10 participants with our MCF cashcard! 

post-137774-0-14363600-1517370238_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

tyre change is cfm done in SG.

AD gave 5 yrs free servicing, no reason to go outside service.

last time most ADs gave 3 yrs warranty and first 3 services free. Now most ADs give 5 yrs warranty and many 3-5 yrs free servicing, that is already making alot of different.

WS will have to think out of the box to combat the Ads on this area.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

My first choices are local and with the AD. I use the AD for all ten years for my previous ride and was rewarded with a smooth uneventful decade of ownership with few issues.

I am likely to do so for my current car despite the costs and lack of free servicing.

For tire changes, I may be more adventurous if there are real bargains to be had in Malaysia but it's convenience first.

Given that my tires are limited to largely comfort based models, my options for shops are fairly wide. But I will see where others have gone and will suit..

Btw can I confirm that there's no CPC 6 for 205/55/16?

I might give non AD shops a try if there are really good prices ... did that in Oz for my Astra..

The deciding factors will be convenience, then price and how complex is the issue, in that order..

I believe that if you invest in taking care of your car, you reap dividends in trouble free motoring ..

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Hahha. yah man. Tough times for them now. 

tyre change is cfm done in SG.

AD gave 5 yrs free servicing, no reason to go outside service.

last time most ADs gave 3 yrs warranty and first 3 services free. Now most ADs give 5 yrs warranty and many 3-5 yrs free servicing, that is already making alot of different.

WS will have to think out of the box to combat the Ads on this area.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

tyres n servicing all in sg.

once free servicing finish, then service at own regular workshop.

from my calculation, the money save from not servicing at AD

if all added together can let me do a major repair.

so even if they tell me warrently will be effect i also dun care.

not to mention the time save.

but its true, my regular workshop tell me business is bad, even CNY no feeling,

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator

Hey bro, for your CPC 6 inquiries, your sizes is a fairly common size. 

Your tyre size sure have one. 

I believe that if you invest in taking care of your car, you reap dividends in trouble free motoring .

Well said bro. It is indeed a good advice! 

My first choices are local and with the AD. I use the AD for all ten years for my previous ride and was rewarded with a smooth uneventful decade of ownership with few issues.
I am likely to do so for my current car despite the costs and lack of free servicing.
For tire changes, I may be more adventurous if there are real bargains to be had in Malaysia but it's convenience first.
Given that my tires are limited to largely comfort based models, my options for shops are fairly wide. But I will see where others have gone and will suit..
Btw can I confirm that there's no CPC 6 for 205/55/16?
I might give non AD shops a try if there are really good prices ... did that in Oz for my Astra..
The deciding factors will be convenience, then price and how complex is the issue, in that order..
I believe that if you invest in taking care of your car, you reap dividends in trouble free motoring ..

Internal Moderator

Yah man. Is our fellow Singaporeans neglecting on car maintenance?  

tyres n servicing all in sg.

once free servicing finish, then service at own regular workshop.

from my calculation, the money save from not servicing at AD

if all added together can let me do a major repair.

so even if they tell me warrently will be effect i also dun care.

not to mention the time save.

but its true, my regular workshop tell me business is bad, even CNY no feeling,

I would definitely not enter this workshop 'Perfect Werkz' at Synergy@KB. Dishonest and terrible workshop. SOLD me replica tyres and rims, use replica or 2nd hand parts for repairs and charged me for original parts pricing. Told me that they have limited edition etc but after sending it to my other friend workshop then I was told the parts was not the original one. They will do unnecessary repairs and keep the original parts and replacing it with replica parts or 2nd hand parts.  :pissed-off:

• Praise 1

from wat the boss say .

times very bad, price very completive,

not every 1 like me only go to regular never check price outside.

and every thing price go up,

but tyres and servicing price go down.

how to survive,

and now big boss no money ,

even branded car owner very niao, not like last time.

• Praise 1

if workshops are transparent in their pricing, they will have no lack of customers.

Their mark-up for parts are also very high.

Nowadays, I buy parts direct from stockist and only pay labour fee.

• Praise 1

I do everything in SG. No point going to JB cos don't frequent there.

With the new rules on car warranty, I thought should help outside workshop biz.

Main concern is whether outside workshop is credible. Are they using authorized parts and correct technique? What if they mess up then AD deny warranty?

Also, is hard to find good credible workshop outside, especially those small time ones with experienced owners. Pricing not standardized like Autobacs etc. Sometimes better to be carrot knowingly than tio carrot unknowingly.

For tyres, I only go outside. No warranty anyway!

• Praise 3

All servicing including tyre change for my previous rides including the current one are all done in SG in regardless whether the rides are brand new or 2nd hand [nod]

Currently, many of the ADs including a small number of PIs are giving out 3 years maintenance inside their sales packages & 5 years warranty hence I believe that this would more or less affect the business of those outside Workshops :a-no: I believe certain car owners would have the mentality to continue their servicing with the ADs even after the 3 years FOC maintenance just to have their warranty still intact for the next additional 2 years.

Many owners may not even know that there is a new regulation whereby one could service at outside workshop but still retain their warranty with the AD/PI [grin]  Even if they know, they might be worry that there will be conflicts when the time comes to claim warranty.

Some of my friends even cross the bridge to MY to do their routine oil changes and change parts cos of the exchange rate and at the same time can do their shopping & makan [nod]

Business for outside workshops are really getting harder & harder these days if they just only rely on walk in customers ... :slow:

There are still many of those workshops still sticking to just those few variety of engine oil for their servicing packages when there are many other workshops offering a huge variety of brands of engine oil for one to chose  [thumbsup]

Edited by Mzrmazda3
  • Praise 3

Hey bro, for your CPC 6 inquiries, your sizes is a fairly common size. 

Your tyre size sure have one. 

No joy so far.. :(

IMO, yes.

This is the part that quite a few people try to scrimp on.. even if you look at our forum, which should be filled with car enthusiasts, folks will stretch the dates, avoid changing parts or simply do the minimum..

Apart from the pressure of 'free service' from ADs - these push buyers back to their workshops, there are also the really cost conscious who will go up North and service.

Pressure from both sides are driving the local workshops out of business.

The coup de tat is the fact that many cars are getting more complex.

Why are Toyotas welcome at many workshops? Because they are more simple to service, hence the outside workshops are able to service them.

The modern car has more electronics, almost as much as a Boeing 747..

If you drive a premium conti, there is enough margin for the local workshop to acquire the gear and skills required to service them.

For the more B&B models, the owner may baulk at the cost of service as things get more complex.

• Praise 1

really no good business meh?

how come i see the facebook pages of many outside workshops always showcasing their full house daily?

[dizzy]

Internal Moderator

Yah. agree. I think end of the day, it have to go down to the education part. 

Maintenance is part of car ownership. 

No joy so far.. :(

IMO, yes.

This is the part that quite a few people try to scrimp on.. even if you look at our forum, which should be filled with car enthusiasts, folks will stretch the dates, avoid changing parts or simply do the minimum..

Apart from the pressure of 'free service' from ADs - these push buyers back to their workshops, there are also the really cost conscious who will go up North and service.

Pressure from both sides are driving the local workshops out of business.

The coup de tat is the fact that many cars are getting more complex.

Why are Toyotas welcome at many workshops? Because they are more simple to service, hence the outside workshops are able to service them.

The modern car has more electronics, almost as much as a Boeing 747..

If you drive a premium conti, there is enough margin for the local workshop to acquire the gear and skills required to service them.

For the more B&B models, the owner may baulk at the cost of service as things get more complex.

A lot to do with trust and expertise.  Word of mouth plays a lot

Same as @therock, been with AD for the last 7 yrs and realised that they really CMI.  Now I see AD workshops lowering their prices as well to beat the competitors.  

I will say, it's expertise.  The AD i went to, knew nuts about nuts.  Most of the time, I had to be prescriptive and got them to check on a particular area I suspected.  Come on, I go to a doctor and tell him what i need done? (well for me, that still applies hahahaha)

bottomline is EXPERTISE.  I'm glad my current workshop, knows his work damn well and peer reviews, BONA FIDE ones, help a lot.

Jack, consider getting peer-reviews from some of the fellows that are bleeding?  and we are saying, MCF members with a good reputation here..and not those 'just join type;'...hahahh

↡ Advertisement