Where do you do your servicing/repair/tyre change?

kobayashiGT

Where do you do your servicing/repair/tyre change?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you do your servicing/repair/tyre change?

• Singapore
    • Singapore but go back Authorized Dealer
    • Malaysia
    • Do it myself

Any money left over for new phone? Yours look a bit scratched...

waiting for valentine present :XD:

sending hints now :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Nowadays, to save trouble of visiting workshops twice, I do my tyre change at AD while doing my servicing. For under warranty, do at AD.

Otherwise it will be BYO oil and service at my preferred workshop.

Current car signed up 4 years maintenance package, so naturally go back AD.

I know my fren only does his servicing at jb, the hawk one at Pelangi.

I am contented with my mechanic cum friend when sending my car for servicing & troubleshoot.

At least he know how to attach back the parts where he has taken out from the engine, dashboard or watever plus.....his toking cock time with me.

A lot to do with trust and expertise. Word of mouth plays a lot

Same as @therock, been with AD for the last 7 yrs and realised that they really CMI. Now I see AD workshops lowering their prices as well to beat the competitors.

I will say, it's expertise. The AD i went to, knew nuts about nuts. Most of the time, I had to be prescriptive and got them to check on a particular area I suspected. Come on, I go to a doctor and tell him what i need done? (well for me, that still applies hahahaha)

bottomline is EXPERTISE. I'm glad my current workshop, knows his work damn well and peer reviews, BONA FIDE ones, help a lot.

Jack, consider getting peer-reviews from some of the fellows that are bleeding? and we are saying, MCF members with a good reputation here..and not those 'just join type;'...hahahh

I agree. Lots of ADs are below standard, charge high and when questioned why will tell you “ it’s like that one!” Or “please monitor.” Its due to the lack of proper training, ass covering, fobbing off questions and maximizing profits.

Some of their so called master techs are also lazy and can’t be bothered. I avoid ADs like a plague. Had enough of their nonsense.

Cars are not rocket science. Even with extra electronics it is still can be fixed. Nowadays car forums locally and overseas are aplenty. Most tech questions can be answered with some digging.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I go back to AD during free servicing n warranty period. After that...look for reliable workshop that specialized in doing the same makes. Only do it in SG.

This free service carrot dangled by ADs has actually messed things up...

some of them sells cars far beyond what they workshops can cope with and do shoddy work as a result..

What they forget is, after sales services can be highly lucrative and even if there's a price premium, many will continue with the AD if it's done well..

whilst we see external workshops as being cheaper, the experiences vary. There are also good ones and bad ones too. Maybe those that are sitting idle need to show that they are up to the task of providing more than just a cheap alternative but show demonstrate that they are friendly and experts in the complex servicing, yet are able to give a smooth hassle free experience.

Btw many are located far from MRT stations and aren't so accessible unless you have a car. That's hard when you have to leave your car there....

People who are on budget will buy the cheapest car with the biggest package of free service and still want fabulous service. They can't accept that when margins are so tight, something has to give..

I agree. Lots of ADs are below standard, charge high and when questioned why will tell you â itâs like that one!â Or âplease monitor.â Its due to the lack of proper training, ass covering, fobbing off questions and maximizing profits.

Some of their so called master techs are also lazy and canât be bothered. I avoid ADs like a plague. Had enough of their nonsense.

Cars are not rocket science. Even with extra electronics it is still can be fixed. Nowadays car forums locally and overseas are aplenty. Most tech questions can be answered with some digging.

Which AD below standard?

I guess it depends on what is considered acceptable standard too.. and for that, YMMV

[;)]

He mentioned a lot of AD below standard. I think it's always easy to pinpoint. But to pinpoint and provide evidence is difficult
  • Praise 1

This free service carrot dangled by ADs has actually messed things up...

some of them sells cars far beyond what they workshops can cope with and do shoddy work as a result..

What they forget is, after sales services can be highly lucrative and even if there's a price premium, many will continue with the AD if it's done well..

whilst we see external workshops as being cheaper, the experiences vary. There are also good ones and bad ones too. Maybe those that are sitting idle need to show that they are up to the task of providing more than just a cheap alternative but show demonstrate that they are friendly and experts in the complex servicing, yet are able to give a smooth hassle free experience.

Btw many are located far from MRT stations and aren't so accessible unless you have a car. That's hard when you have to leave your car there....

People who are on budget will buy the cheapest car with the biggest package of free service and still want fabulous service. They can't accept that when margins are so tight, something has to give..

Well, how many car workshop complex is close to MRT?

That 1 u have to blame man in white.

Nowadays got Uber/grab what.

Moreover, there are certain things AD don't do like change ATF.

↡ Advertisement