How to bypass subletting n not get caught

Sdf4786k

plus "IRAS" evasion ?

oh yah, property tax should be quite different between own stay and rented out. 

Plus subject to income tax too?

wah, many infringements... really daring...

I hope all this illegal subletting and short term rental landlords get caught and fined heavily.

I wont hesitate to report if i know of any.

Yup, I would do the same.

The problem is how to identify such short-term tenants. We need an efficient and effective way to sieve them out and then nab the owner.

↡ Advertisement

I would also report. Slow and steady already win like crazy still have to go through these illegal methods.

See them no up.

I would also report. Slow and steady already win like crazy still have to go through these illegal methods.

See them no up.

I suppose thats the reason why the 2 property agent kanna caught for airbnb ..

See them no up.

i suspect my neighbour airbnb leh

report - we become enemy

report - if false alarm - we also become enemy

so how?

report - we become enemy

so how?

tip off Wanbao / Shinmin  [lipsrsealed]

report - we become enemy

so how?

Sounds like you know this neighbour decently well.

And i can fully understand the concern of upsetting good neighbourly relations.

If you really wanna preserve the good relations, and want it - if it's really AirBnB - to stop, then maybe you might want to find a 'chance' to talk to your neighbour, and say something like you want to let him know that some people are probing about him, and bluff him say got reporters ask you about his place the day before, and you said not aware of anything; so now just want to let him know about it.

That way, he should only thank you for not sabo'ing him, and also by right start to be more careful about doing it again.

report - we become enemy

so how?

How your neighbour know who reported them?

Supersonic

I hope this will deter other homeowners from doing illegal short term rental.

Caught one but there are still many of them out there?! Lol.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Caught one but there are still many of them out there?! Lol.

With this type of fine I think many will take down liao, maybe left a few daring ones.

Not difficult to catch if they sign up with airbnb.

Edited by Jman888
  • Praise 2

Thousands of hdb occupants flouting hdb law by placing their rubbish along corridors, burning incense along corridors, nailing fixtures along hdb corridors, keeping cats in hdb, using hdb for all kinds of business (hairdressing, warehouse, pet lodging etc), renting rooms but not declaring income etc etc etc how come never hear people get caught for these things? Those who use airbnb is just a tiny fraction compared to those I mentioned.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Thousands of hdb occupants flouting hdb law by placing their rubbish along corridors, burning incense along corridors, nailing fixtures along hdb corridors, keeping cats in hdb, using hdb for all kinds of business (hairdressing, warehouse, pet lodging etc), renting rooms but not declaring income etc etc etc how come never hear people get caught for these things? Those who use airbnb is just a tiny fraction compared to those I mentioned.

Maybe those were caught too but given warning or a simple fine. So not reported in the press.

Maybe those were caught too but given warning or a simple fine. So not reported in the press.

No lah where got? Singaporeans so kiasi if people get fined jialat jialat you think the entire country's hdb blocks will have corridors cluttered with rubbish? I dare say 100% of hdb blocks in singapore have personal items along the corridors on every single floor and a large majority of hdb blocks with landlords renting out their flats do not declare their rental income for income tax.