• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
14 replies to this topic | 65 praises

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:54 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Post here for more awareness. Saw this durian coffee being mentioned around, best is not try it if you come across it.
https://www.channeln...ospital-9912342

GEORGETOWN: Five people were admitted to a Penang hospital after drinking a type of instant durian coffee, said Malaysian health minister S Subramaniam on Wednesday (Jan 31).

The minister told reporters that the beverage was being promoted as "Durian White Coffee", and that samples of the mixture have been sent for analysis.

“If it is found that the coffee mixture contains prohibited items, we will announce the brand name and its manufacturer will be ordered to withdraw the product from the market," he said.

According to the Penang Health Department, the five people were brought in to Hospital Pulau Pinang between Jan 27 and Jan 30. Three have been discharged and two are still receiving treatment. Since then, no new cases have been reported nor deaths or any major complications.

Hospital director Dr Wan Mansor Hamzah Wan Mansor advised those experiencing the same symptoms to immediately seek treatment at the nearest hospital.

Meanwhile, health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdulah said the health ministry learnt about the incident after it went viral on social media.
In a Facebook post, he added that the Penang Health Department was probing the matter and advised the public to maintain hygiene and safety standards when consuming food and drink.

Tianmo and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:01 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Seems like it may not be advisable to eat durian with coffee.

https://www.google.c...urian-with/amp/
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:39 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Seems like it may not be advisable to eat durian with coffee.

https://www.google.c...urian-with/amp/

I have been drinking coffee with my durians. I like the bitter taste of coffee, that goes well with the sweetness of the durian.

Edited by Ender, 31 January 2018 - 08:46 PM.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hoseyboh
  • Hoseyboh
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have been drinking coffee with my coffee. I like the bitter taste of coffee goes well with the sweetness of the durian.

Liew lian, kopi, cigarette. Steam ah....😁

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:11 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

at least they had a chance to go hospital ....

my ex-colleague had durians and liquor the night before and didn't make it to work the next day .... period.

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Liew lian, kopi, cigarette. Steam ah....😁

ho sey liao......found another ulian coffee kaki! Penang got the Durian (mao shan wan) white coffee ......very nice. I tried getting in jb....they oni have Durian XO white coffee......not so nice and the smell is not as sweet as the mao shan wan....

at least they had a chance to go hospital ....

my ex-colleague had durians and liquor the night before and didn't make it to work the next day .... period.

i took some flu med before eating durian......i woke up a few hrs later with the world spinning. I had to crawl on all 4 to the toilet and make myself vomit......i swear never to take medicine (think it was the antibiotics) and durian together!
Together We stand Alone

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:27 PM

Hoseyboh
  • Hoseyboh
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

ho sey liao......found another ulian coffee kaki! Penang got the Durian (mao shan wan) white coffee ......very nice. I tried getting in jb....they oni have Durian XO white coffee......not so nice and the smell is not as sweet as the mao shan wan....

Can't praise you bro...👍👍👍😁

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i took some flu med before eating durian......i woke up a few hrs later with the world spinning. I had to crawl on all 4 to the toilet and make myself vomit......i swear never to take medicine (think it was the antibiotics) and durian together!

i simply stopped eating durians when i enlisted.

i can but i just don't want to anymore ... was eating it since i was a small boy at my grandfather's plantation ... free some more..

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:32 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can't praise you bro...👍👍👍😁

when i feel crappy in the morning........Durian white coffee makes the blues go away better than coffee......hahaha! But quite ex.......
Together We stand Alone

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:38 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i simply stopped eating durians when i enlisted.

i can but i just don't want to anymore ... was eating it since i was a small boy at my grandfather's plantation ... free some more..

i am the opposite.....i love durian more as i age....😂😂😂. There was one when i was working in a process plant. Some of my colleagues went off to buy durians and we had it for the whole night. One whole basket of durians later.....the control room smells of durian even after the nx shift came in at 8am. The whole installation knew we had a durian party the previous night.....🤣🤣🤣
Sadan and Dleodleo praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:53 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Post here for more awareness. Saw this durian coffee being mentioned around, best is not try it if you come across it.
https://www.channeln...ospital-9912342

Oh... so the culprit is the durian coffee.
Mercs, AltisOwner, FourZero and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:45 AM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Singapore recall liao as precaution. I remember seeing in our local supermarket, almost wanted to try. Wait for AVA result first.
http://www.straitsti...th-counterparts

Samples of the instant coffee mixture, identified in some local media reports as Mycafe Penang Durian White Coffee, were detected with a substance believed to be drugs.

wl_plastic_030218.jpg

AVA recalls Malaysia's durian white coffee following reports of 'drugs' found in sachets

Singapore's food authority has recalled a brand of durian white coffee from Malaysia, following reports of consumers falling ill after consuming the beverage.

The Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) said in a statement on Saturday night (Feb 3) that it is recalling Coffee Tree MyCafe 4-in-1 Penang Durian White Coffee as a precautionary measure, while the case is under investigation.

Consumers who have purchased the product can return them to the retailer, said the AVA, adding that it will be taking samples for food safety tests.

Samples of the instant coffee mixture were detected with a substance believed to be drugs, Malaysian police said earlier.

George Town police chief Anuar Omar told The Star in a report on Friday (Feb 2) that samples were taken to the state food safety and quality laboratory for tests after a medical officer lodged a police report following the incident.

"The samples were also sent to the Chemistry Department for analysis," he said in a statement on Friday.

ACP Anuar said an officer later confirmed that a substance, believed to be drugs, was found in the sachets.

The exact type of drug, however, has not been identified.

The findings come after Malaysian media reported that five patients received treatment at Penang Hospital between Jan 27 and Jan 30 after drinking the coffee.

Edited by Ender, 04 February 2018 - 03:45 AM.

Dleodleo and Blueray praised this

Posted 04 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

Benarsenal
  • Benarsenal
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It looks like the product was tampered with drugs:

https://www.channeln...-police-9921698

Blueray, Ender and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:27 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

3 in 1 Durian coffee...?? 

No need to drink oso i feel sick juz hearing abt it....

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Malaysian police says the package was opened and resealed suggesting they were tampered. Looks like sabotage.
http://www.asiaone.c...nd-resealed?amp

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: durian coffee, food poison., five and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users