• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic | 60 praises

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:15 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

emotional support?  what is your emotional support? it can be a pet or just or a chao chao (smelly stuffy toy)  [laugh] , something that you can't live without or get into anxiety when it was gone   [sweatdrop]  

Woman with 'emotional support' peacock barred from flight

By LAM MIN LEE ASIAONE  Jan 31, 2018

peacockairport_instagram.jpg
PHOTO: Instagram/Dexter The Peacock

With a peacock perched on her arm, a woman attempted to check in for her flight at a New Jersey airport last Saturday (Jan 27).

She and her "emotional support animal" were turned away by United Airlines despite her offer to buy the bird its own air ticket, US media reported.

In photos posted on travel talk show The Jet Set's Facebook page, the large pheasant could be seen resting on a luggage trolley.

Reports of the incident have ruffled the feathers of netizens.

Some of them said that United Airlines should have allowed the traveller to board her flight with her peacock while others called the incident ridiculous.

Several airlines in the United States allow service animals and emotional support animals in the cabin to accompany persons with disabilities. However, these travellers have to produce documentation from licensed healthcare professionals.

United told NBC News that the woman was barred from the flight as the peacock did not meet meet guidelines such as weight and size. The airline said this was explained to the woman before she turned up at the airport. It added that it is reviewing its current policy regarding assistance animals.

Now, other netizens have cast doubt on whether the peacock is an actual emotional support animal as more details of the traveller and her bird have emerged online.

Dexter The Peacock on Instagram  “When Mom and I were younger   Me and Dex by  ventiko 2016  peacocklove  photographicperformance  livingwithhumans” • Instagram.png
When Mom and I were younger...Me and Dex by 2016 #peacocklove #photographicperformance #livingwithhumans

The woman was identified as conceptual artist Ventiko who said in a separate interview that she adopted the bird after using it in a performance art piece in 2014.

Ventiko named it Dexter and even set up an Instagram account documenting her pet's daily life.

Dexter The Peacock on Instagram  “ kumathedestructor took this great shot of me at  newarkairport today  Spent 6 hours trying to get on my flight to LA 😤🐣  after following…” • Instagram.png
took this great shot of me at #newarkairport today. Spent 6 hours trying to get on my flight to LA 😤🐣Tomorrow my human friends are going to drive me cross country! Keep an 👁out for us! 🌈 #bestroadtripbuddy #dexterthepeacock

But a recent post about her failed attempt to fly to Los Angeles with the peacock was met with mixed reactions.

While some people said that they were charmed by its appearance at the airport, many others slammed the incident as a PR stunt and said Ventiko did "a disservice to people with legit service animals."

Although it was barred from the flight, Dexter has gone on a road trip with its "human friends" and is now in Oklahoma, about halfway to their destination.

Mustank praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:21 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

FON

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:22 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Amdl
Garage36.com

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:25 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

We all bring our cock on board and never get ban. Our also emotional support. Anyone disagree?

Discrimination against cock with feathers.

Edited by Kopites, 01 February 2018 - 09:26 AM.

Mustank, SiLangKia, Mzrmazda3 and Tianmo praised this

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:29 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah!
SiLangKia praised this

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bring to airport... 

i say bring to KFC kitchen instead...

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For this kind of exotic birds, I don't think the airline wants to compensate if anything happens to it during the flight.
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:40 AM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i think the woman is depending on the wrong type of cock.

just saying.  [:)]

focus

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

She should fly Lufthansa next time...

Finally, A Way To Bring Birds On Planes

tzlzp0auuyqrvfuthonv.jpg

Falconers can rejoice because the days of stuffing their birds into their carry-on luggage are behind them. Lufthansa apparently offers an on-board solution for the hordes of falconers traveling by air, and it only costs other people their seats.

It’s called the Falcon Master and it isn’t new, but it’s worth talking about now because we are always thinking of the falcons.

The Falcon Master, according to Lufthansa, is a patented bird stand (a patented bird stand!) for the birds during the flight. Of the plane, not the falcons.

There’s a big tray under the perch to catch all of the falcon’s shit, so the airplane cabin stays nice and clean, and if the falconer desires, bird feeders and cleaning materials can also be provided.

The Falcon Master can be installed above the folded seats used in Airbus, Boeing and other planes, because falcon transport is obviously much more important than people transport. Installation is quick and fast and the perch stores easily when it’s not being used.

With this clever little device, Lufthansa has no doubt taken over the falcon transport corner of the aviation industry. It was sorely needed.

Tianmo praised this
Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 01 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

She should fly Lufthansa next time...

Finally, A Way To Bring Birds On Planes

tzlzp0auuyqrvfuthonv.jpg

Falconers can rejoice because the days of stuffing their birds into their carry-on luggage are behind them. Lufthansa apparently offers an on-board solution for the hordes of falconers traveling by air, and it only costs other people their seats.

It’s called the Falcon Master and it isn’t new, but it’s worth talking about now because we are always thinking of the falcons.

The Falcon Master, according to Lufthansa, is a patented bird stand (a patented bird stand!) for the birds during the flight. Of the plane, not the falcons.

There’s a big tray under the perch to catch all of the falcon’s shit, so the airplane cabin stays nice and clean, and if the falconer desires, bird feeders and cleaning materials can also be provided.

The Falcon Master can be installed above the folded seats used in Airbus, Boeing and other planes, because falcon transport is obviously much more important than people transport. Installation is quick and fast and the perch stores easily when it’s not being used.

With this clever little device, Lufthansa has no doubt taken over the falcon transport corner of the aviation industry. It was sorely needed.

the owner have to buy 6-9 seat tickets just to put the bird.

wait.....  the bird cannot fly itself to the destination?   :huh:

SiLangKia praised this
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:25 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Lots of talk for a bird :grin:

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:29 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

can i bring my pet rats and cockroaches on board ?

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For this kind of exotic birds, I don't think the airline wants to compensate if anything happens to it during the flight.

Our also exotic bird.

Our also retaliate when been provoke.

Only different we hide it when boarding. No need to buy extra seat.

You cant leave home without it. Gals can't go without it.

Enough of talking cock here. Better run away from this thread.

Edited by Kopites, 01 February 2018 - 05:40 PM.

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:26 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    Supercharged
    Author Image

can i bring my pet rats and cockroaches on board ?

no.

later cause accident like the woman who drove into the overhead bridge.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: emotional support, peacock and 5 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users