Formula 1 (2018)

Wt_know

That’s kelong isn’t it? Imagine those who bought Bottas to triumph in Russia with better odds payout...

I guess people who know F1 would have taken the strong possibility of team orders into consideration when placing their bets. And singapore pools may have also factored that in when deciding the odds. But there is always the possibility of hamster having some car trouble or whatever that he still may not have won.

I just feel sad that F1 is so boring.

Hamilton just 5 pts away from the title.

Once sewn up, he shld do the moral thing by trying to give Bottas back a GP victory if the opportunity arises and maybe even 2 GPs for interest incurred

• Praise 2

Hamilton just 5 pts away from the title.

Once sewn up, he shld do the moral thing by trying to give Bottas back a GP victory if the opportunity arises and maybe even 2 GPs for interest incurred

could be his last victory though, can't see anyone winning in a Sauber.

well, unless Ferrari sees there strategic merits of taking points away from Merc via a Team B. Ferrari has botched up its pit calls a few times this season, so its good to have a Team B around to take points away from Merc. And Leclerc is still an unknown in a top team.

well, unless Ferrari sees there strategic merits of taking points away from Merc via a Team B. Ferrari has botched up its pit calls a few times this season, so its good to have a Team B around to take points away from Merc. And Leclerc is still an unknown in a top team.

Towards the middle of the season, I always predict Ferrari screwing up strategy calls in the race after a very decent FP and Quali. 

Sadly always proven right. 

Edited by zgim80
  • Praise 1

Towards the middle of the season, I always predict Ferrari screwing up strategy calls in the race after a very decent FP and Quali. 

Sadly always proven right. 

Guess they got it right yesterday when they predicted that Lewis would need to 2-stop.

Noticed Kimi's little dummy twitch at the entrance to the pit lane during VSC. I also thought it was a mistake not to pit Kimi during VSC. Haha.

But Kimi did exactly what he had to do, take P1 from Lewis and he did that right at the first corner. Cool.

Guess they got it right yesterday when they predicted that Lewis would need to 2-stop.

Noticed Kimi's little dummy twitch at the entrance to the pit lane during VSC. I also thought it was a mistake not to pit Kimi during VSC. Haha.

But Kimi did exactly what he had to do, take P1 from Lewis and he did that right at the first corner. Cool.

Kimi's strategy team screwed him over too many times this season. Could have done way better given his obvious racing pedigree. He delivered when he was given the tools and opportunity.

yeah, iirc, Bot had to move aside to hand an almost-certain victory to Lewis once.

Brashness and recklessness aside, Max has been impressive this season, putting his Renault-powered car where it should not be. For US he went from P18 to P2.

A racing driver has to be aggressive, daring, skilful n decisive on when to take risks n that’s where Hamilton, Vettel, Schumacher n even Alonso displays this n that’s why they are champions. Max has what it takes but there is a fine line drawn between taking risks n being reckless n unfortunately, Max has been reckless on occasions but he is still young so I expect him to make better decisions as he gains experience.

He does look like a potential future Champ if he remains grounded.

I remember Jenson Button as being the opposite of the above drivers by being a safe driver that doesn’t take many risks n frankly he became Champ only because of the many mistakes of other drivers that year. In short, he was Champ coz he made less mistakes, not what u expect from an F1 Champ but to fair, he won it fair n square but just not my cup of tea.

• Praise 4

A racing driver has to be aggressive, daring, skilful n decisive on when to take risks n that’s where Hamilton, Vettel, Schumacher n even Alonso displays this n that’s why they are champions. Max has what it takes but there is a fine line drawn between taking risks n being reckless n unfortunately, Max has been reckless on occasions but he is still young so I expect him to make better decisions as he gains experience.

He does look like a potential future Champ if he remains grounded.

I remember Jenson Button as being the opposite of the above drivers by being a safe driver that doesn’t take many risks n frankly he became Champ only because of the many mistakes of other drivers that year. In short, he was Champ coz he made less mistakes, not what u expect from an F1 Champ but to fair, he won it fair n square but just not my cup of tea.

Yup, Max has the talent and the instinct. The car is like 20 horses down on the Merc and Ferrari and he is up there scrapping with them. Almost like a young M Schu. And Bot has finished a few races behind Max. Soon Max will realise that championship is about collecting the points at the end of the race, not just fancy moves here and there. This kid got real potential. 

Jenson was really heng lor, largely due to rear diffuser. 

Hope Honda engine will be what Honda engine used to be during the glory days, then we see a 3-horse race in 2019 instead of the same old same old on the grid race after race. 

Kimi's strategy team screwed him over too many times this season. Could have done way better given his obvious racing pedigree. He delivered when he was given the tools and opportunity.

Yes, I think Kimi would easily have one more win under this belt this season if the strategy had been right.

Cannot remember which race, they called him in for pit stop quite early and he just ran out of tyres during the last 5 laps, by then too late for another pit stop for fresh rubbers.

But alas, Team Ferrari was focusing on Vet and No 5 lor ...