• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:33 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any users here? Any one knows why i am unable to see a external HDD connected to the NAS using USB on the back in the file station? I am able to see that a external HDD is mounted on the top right portion of the DSM interface.

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:36 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any users here? Any one knows why i am unable to see a external HDD connected to the NAS using USB on the back in the file station? I am able to see that a external HDD is mounted on the top right portion of the DSM interface.

Could it be power insufficient
I faced that problem in my $30 3tier dock
It says can support 3 hdd at the same time when the power supply is 12v 3amp = 36w
When each had uses 25w
Crazy manufacturer

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:12 AM

Etnt
  • Premium member
    Etnt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Your drive in exFat format? IIRC, needs a (paid) package install.

Mustank praised this

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

you can google the information. The external drive is only for backup so you usually don't see it in file station if i recall correctly.

I remember facing the same thing when i first started using my USB drive for backup. But its years ago so i can't remember liao.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:18 AM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

you can google the information. The external drive is only for backup so you usually don't see it in file station if i recall correctly.

I remember facing the same thing when i first started using my USB drive for backup. But its years ago so i can't remember liao.

I used to be able to see it and access. Wanted to transfer files from the data recovered Hard disk. Now have to do so from my MAC wirelessly

Your drive in exFat format? IIRC, needs a (paid) package install.

Yeah I think exFat

Could it be power insufficient
I faced that problem in my $30 3tier dock
It says can support 3 hdd at the same time when the power supply is 12v 3amp = 36w
When each had uses 25w
Crazy manufacturer

Can’t be
Mustank praised this
Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:54 AM

Etnt
  • Premium member
    Etnt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I always use filestation to directly copy. faster and save 1 device in the middle.

Yeah I think exFat

Then you'll likely need to install the package, but not free iirc.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 11:18 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I used to be able to see it and access. Wanted to transfer files from the data recovered Hard disk. Now have to do so from my MAC wirelessly
Yeah I think exFat
Can’t be

oh so not 1st time user. then i dunno liao haha

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:54 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What package? 

I always use filestation to directly copy. faster and save 1 device in the middle.

Then you'll likely need to install the package, but not free iirc.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 05:54 AM

Etnt
  • Premium member
    Etnt
    6th Gear
    Author Image

What package? 

https://www.synology.../packages/exFAT

dcb praised this

Posted 03 February 2018 - 07:43 AM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

👍🏻

https://www.synology.../packages/exFAT

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If you goto control panel -> Shared Folder do you see the drive there? Should be under USB something ...

Another possibility is that your user access needs to be setup to access the drive 

Control Panel->User->User Profile->Edit->Permissions

If your drive is NTFS or FAT32 it should be viewable

dcb praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users