COE Bidding – 1st Round of February 2018

Carbon82

COE Data Format  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Format Do You Prefer?

• Old Format
    • New Format
    • Others (Please indicate what changes you will like to see in your post)

He government confirm chut pattern during budget. COE is one of their biggest cash cow..

Mr Heng will surely deliver a big Ang Pow for Gahmen on 19 Feb after dropping so many hints for past few weeks..

Demand really weak.

I'm sure budget will have new pattern

If you look at the number of bids versus quota, there is demand. The only diff this year is that dealers are not willing to bid higher

Despite what some bros saying that KCS push Cat A up, I tend to disagree as whenever COE prices drop, there will be buyers who will commit as afterall car is cheaper compared to last few rounds.

To label them KCS is unfair cos there are buyers who need a car n so their thinking would be “I’m buying at a fair price vis a vis those who bought last few cycles, so why not commit now?” Don’t think it’s a matter of KCS but of buying when it’s more affordable. Share market also same as there r buyers who will time their buying when prices come down abit which is only logical, my 2 cents....

• Praise 11

I managed to get my Cat A COE today at $40K! My dealer initially put a reserve price of $39.6K then later revised to $42K. I am surprised they would bid so high for me.

Despite what some bros saying that KCS push Cat A up, I tend to disagree as whenever COE prices drop, there will be buyers who will commit as afterall car is cheaper compared to last few rounds.

To label them KCS is unfair cos there are buyers who need a car n so their thinking would be âIâm buying at a fair price vis a vis those who bought last few cycles, so why not commit now?â Donât think itâs a matter of KCS but of buying when itâs more affordable. Share market also same as there r buyers who will time their buying when prices come down abit which is only logical, my 2 cents....

With CatA B&b cars selling from mid 60-70k onwards, they are pretty affordable for household with national median income of 8k/mth. Good time to buy. Cant see CatA car prices dropping to below 60k

Mr Heng will surely deliver a big Ang Pow for Gahmen on 19 Feb after dropping so many hints for past few weeks..

COE chut pattern no need to wait till budget day, they can chut pattern anytime. Edited by Ct3833

i do not understand. Can u explain more? [;)]

The dealer sell the car inclusive of COE & VES (plus his margin). The buyer look at the total price he has to pay.

If the dealer does not raise the car price by the full VES, he will have less margin to bid for COE.

With CatA B&b cars selling from mid 60-70k onwards, they are pretty affordable for household with national median income of 8k/mth. Good time to buy. Cant see CatA car prices dropping to below 60k

Exactly n that’s why I say it’s not about being KCS but buying when it comes down to a reasonable level. That said, think not many people will buy this round for Cat A cars as prices will go up 2-3k n then the cycle repeats itself with not many buying which will likely lead to lower COE prices n then buyers come in again.

But with lesser COEs in the next quarter, prices may inch up I feel n that’s why I would buy myself last round if I were to be in the market for a car n I don’t count myself as a KCS but just being practical.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 7