• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
413 replies to this topic | 482 praises

Poll: Do you still eat expired foods and drinks? (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you still eat food and drinks that have expired?

1. Yes (26 votes [41.27%])

Percentage of vote: 41.27%

2. No (14 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Depends (23 votes [36.51%])

Percentage of vote: 36.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:02 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I just found 4 packs of instant noodles in my cabinet which have expired on Nov last year.  :a-m1524:

However they are not opened yet and I googled in some sites that it is safe to eat because they are dehydrated food and bacteria won't grow inside. The MSG is salt and so won't get spoil too. 

So should I eat them or throw away?  :TT_TT:

Mustank praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I just found 4 packs of instant noodles in my cabinet which have expired on Nov last year. :a-m1524:
However they are not opened yet and I googled in some sites that it is safe to eat because they are dehydrated food and bacteria won't grow inside. The MSG is salt and so won't get spoil too.

So should I eat them or throw away? :TT_TT:

Eat lah..

But please buy a tombstone and a casket+burial ground before eating.
RadX said that these cost $44444 in total when I asked him for a package specially tailored for you.

Ps.Was joking.Just eat them without worry.
BanCoe and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:28 PM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I eat.

My missus won't.

Volvobrick and 1 Anonymous member praised this
There is no law without enforcement

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Dan what for the manufacturer put an expiry date?

1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I eat.

My missus won't.

same here .

Dan what for the manufacturer put an expiry date?

nowadays, some mfr will put BB date .... so you can use your own imagination.

if airtight or controlled temperature, a few months still ok lah.

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:44 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

same here .

nowadays, some mfr will put BB date .... so you can use your own imagination.

if airtight or controlled temperature, a few months still ok lah.

The thing is packaging are now design to disintegrate over the years. After it has expired the packaging could likely be compromised meaning moisture has set in. It isn't air sealed/tight in a proper vacuum bag. It's just a thin plastic bag. For me I throw it away. I don't enjoy tasting weird expired food. Your choice.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For process food like instant noodle which only expired less than 1 year should still able to eat, wont die de. At most LS or stomach pain only. Tea bag which expired liao still can drink also. Think for food which stated best before should be safe to eat even after the stated date. But you must still need to see and smell after opening of the expired food package, look for any mold or funny smell before eating.

Some biscuits expired also can eat. 

Brass and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:20 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

4 packet of instant noodle how much?
Buadongdong praised this
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:25 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some food never expire, but still need to put expity/best before dates by law. Use your own discretion.

Volvobrick, BanCoe and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:27 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

As long don't taste funny, will eat.
Ash2017 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:42 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

when I was a chao student, I saved money by eating expired instant noodles, 90% discount.

I didn't eat the msg because it looked wet and caked, cooked the noodles with my own mixed sauce or liao, sometimes mixed with canned ox tail soup

did that for two years, didn't die immediately but don't know if my life will get shorten because of that
SGCMmadman, Sadan, Mustank and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:55 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

4 packet of instant noodle how much?

I bought discount last year.

SGD1.20 per pack. Inside 4 packs, so 16 packets.  :a-m1524:

Volvobrick praised this

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:59 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I bought discount last year.
SGD1.20 per pack. Inside 4 packs, so 16 packets. :a-m1524:

speechless...

I bought one packet of 5 pack 1 year also cannot finish [sweatdrop]

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:07 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Won't die one la
Garage36.com

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:26 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

speechless...

I bought one packet of 5 pack 1 year also cannot finish [sweatdrop]

Cannot finish? Then why you buy le? Lol.

Some food never expire, but still need to put expity/best before dates by law. Use your own discretion.

Like salt, sugar and honey, they always have expiry date but many people say it is still safe to eat even past the expired date for years.

Edited by 13177, 06 February 2018 - 10:27 PM.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Use your nose and eyes.... as long as no bad smell, nothing growing on it, no problem. Furthermore it is instant noodles ie you are going to cook it at boiling temperature, very safe!

Do note cooking would not destroy alphatoxin though (some type of fungus on nuts etc) and if canned food I would usually not risk eating if it is well past expiry (botulism) since we may not cook the canned food.

Ysc3, Dleodleo, Vratenza and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:37 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

Cannot finish? Then why you buy le? Lol.

Like salt, sugar and honey, they always have expiry date but many people say it is still safe to eat even past the expired date for years.

contingency, in case got war you know.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The thing is packaging are now design to disintegrate over the years. After it has expired the packaging could likely be compromised meaning moisture has set in. It isn't air sealed/tight in a proper vacuum bag. It's just a thin plastic bag. For me I throw it away. I don't enjoy tasting weird expired food. Your choice.

if really lau hong already, then i will throw also.

if never lau hong but also taste weird, i will also dispose of.

if can see the inside don't look like what its supposed to be, i might most probably throw away.

but i won't just leave everything to the date printed on the packaging - you are right .... we have choices.

when I was a chao student, I saved money by eating expired instant noodles, 90% discount.

I didn't eat the msg because it looked wet and caked, cooked the noodles with my own mixed sauce or liao, sometimes mixed with canned ox tail soup

did that for two years, didn't die immediately but don't know if my life will get shorten because of that

have you asked radx ?

Phang praised this

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

contingency, in case got war you know.

Got war, one pack enough meh?  :XD:

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:46 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually some foods even havent reached expiry date might also spoil, so always see and smell before eat.

TameDriver, Sadan and Vratenza praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: expired food, wastage, recycle and 4 more...

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users