MCF China

Benarsenal

I noticed that there are a few MCF-ers here who have left our sunny island and gone to the Motherland, for work or other opportunities.

To tell you guys a secret, I am now also one of them.

I started a new job in January and am now based in Shanghai, It's been quite an interesting experience so far living and working in China (although Shanghai is not very much diff from Singapore, other than the cold winter weather)

I'm guessing this can be a thread for all of us who are based in China, to gather, talk cock, chit chat and share tips. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this though.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 27

I noticed that there are a few MCF-ers here who have left our sunny island and gone to the Motherland, for work or other opportunities.

I started a new job in January and am now based in Shanghai, It's been quite an interesting experience so far living and working in China (although Shanghai is not very much diff from Singapore, other than the cold winter weather)

I'm guessing this can be a thread for all of us who are based in China, to gather, talk cock, chit chat and share tips. Not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this though.

take care over there bro. will let you know if i go Shanghai  [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

Really feel glad for u bro. Got chance to work overseas. Can take a break from P8P nonsense!

• Praise 2

Thanks everyone haha. I'll see what I can do about the XMM. LOL.

Living overseas does have its good and bad. While I do have my issues with the current administration and how things are run in Singapore, at the end of the day it's still where I grew up and where my family is. Inevitably will still have some feelings and miss some things from back home.

The other day I was watching TV and they were showing The Amazing Race China, and their host was Allan Wu (yes really). The episode where they visited Singapore, really quite emo for me seeing them visit places like Sentosa, Lau Pa Sat etc. And at the end Allan Wu mentioned that Singapore is also his home even though he's based in China now, wah that one I almost cry.  [bigcry]

I suppose the feeling will fade over time, but I think it's not the objective things about Singapore I miss (like the cleanliness and etc). More like, the memories you've built up back home, the times you've spend with your friends and family. Those things are a bit harder to let go.

wah , so chun , replying you while am at pudong airport waiting for my flight home ....

Freaking cold the last 3 days Lor ....

Yeah I know. But getting better.

That time when it snowed, lagi worse. Wear 5 layers also buay tahan. LOL.

• Praise 3

hearsay if you hug a xmm during the winter months . you can go cloth free

and the best part

you get a free gift 10 months later

• Praise 10

my cousin got posting to Shanghai previously ... he went there for a two week "trial' .... and then rejected the offer.

he said very difficult to work with the ppl there. 

I think both the city and its people have progressed tremendously and have overtaken papland in many ways. Many of the workers are hard working no nonsense type.

Once settled in I doubt you will miss much, much less the constant digging and poorly maintained roads here, or MRT breakdowns, perhaps except the better air and more greens here.

Enjoy your posting, and be careful of the XMMs.

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 11