MCF China

Benarsenal

The heater in Shanghai is air-conditioner heater.

Unlike in the northern parts of China city, they have warm heating system going to most house. like European country.

This is better than heater from aircon which is too dry and consume high electricity bill.

The central heating system you mentioned is hot water running through water radiator. 

I don't think air con can be that dry.  During Beijing winter, the air only got 10% humidity.

↡ Advertisement

In SG, reasonable people are complaining about competition. Unfair competition.

If it is fair competition, I say bring it on.

how do you define fair and unfair competition? 

Rich parents are sending their children abroad for University education, which is very common.

Like my 2 Shanghai friends, one had son graduate from UK 2 yrs ago and return back to Shanghai. With a oversea degree, it give him a much higher paid than local China Uni and easily get a job in international MNC.

Another send daughter to California for Uni last year.

The heater in Shanghai is air-conditioner heater.

Unlike in the northern parts of China city, they have warm heating system going to most house. like European country.

This is better than heater from aircon which is too dry and consume high electricity bill.

Speaking of this

Anyone here send their kid abroad for Uni?

What’s the est cost?

What’s the est expenses per mtn?

Edited by Dfx16

If you find Shanghai is freaking cold, then you cannot survive in Beijing liao?! Lol. Anyway, how come you guys have work overseas opportunity le? Due to company in sg send you overseas to work ah? 

Seek and you shall find. For me I was headhunted by this MNC whose Asia-Pac HQ is based in Shanghai. I took a while to consider but eventually agreed to give it a go.

If you're open to the option there are always opportunities.

wow.

sounds good... doubt I will have such an opportunity...

You brought family along?

Nope. I'm here alone. Family back in SG.

I will try to fly back and visit as much as I can. Will be back for two weeks during CNY period.

Seek and you shall find. For me I was headhunted by this MNC whose Asia-Pac HQ is based in Shanghai. I took a while to consider but eventually agreed to give it a go.

I will try to fly back and visit as much as I can. Will be back for two weeks during CNY period.

it is usually about stepping out of comfort zone to face unknown challenges, good for you to take that step [thumbsup]
  • Praise 2

So what car is TS intending to hoot? [sly]

Shanghai shud be a ghost town by now btw?

Mai la. Shanghai is a nightmare to drive. The traffic is insane.  [knife]

Yeah the city is starting to empty this week. Lots of people starting to go 'home' le.

Think you are wrong on that lei ... Beijing , or northern China , most places have heater , Shanghai , not many places will install .

Beijing is zoned to be north and Shanghai south so the heating is really sweet in Beijing, they on it on a announced date, whereas shanghai, u are on your own, very drying when you on yr heater.

why headhunted but the company didn’t give you expat terms to relocate whole family there?

you there on local terms?

• Praise 1

If you don't mind sharing, what kind of special skills do you have they need someone from SG to do it instead of just getting a PRC?

I think is Puxi. It's near the big Starbucks.

Puxi and pudong is divided by the huangpu river. I do not know where the big Starbucks is but if it’s on nanjing lu area, it’s very livable.

• Praise 1

why headhunted but the company didnât give you expat terms to relocate whole family there?

ð¬

Sifu...

Not everyone is as lucky as you to work for a rich ah gong. Travel meal allowance is USD100 per meal!!!

Edited by Kusje

Nanjing Lu is quite long ... Nanjing East Rd is a tourist trap, Nanjing West Rd is atas.

Ya Jing an district area is better.

why headhunted but the company didn’t give you expat terms to relocate whole family there?

I guess you must have some special skills and knowledge then would have such overseas opportunities. Cause many countries would rather hire their own people before consider foreigners. Unlike in sg, it is the other way round. They give opportunities to FT than own people.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement