Singpost postman threw residents letters away

supersen

That's just bad parenting.

Kids and babies should have lots of noise, like action films

and rock music so they are trained to sleep thru anything.

:D

Lol.. like my kids now.. their wakeup alarm ring until the cow comes home and I'm the one that wake up to give them a kick to their butt before going back to bed again
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Soon these parcel delivery postman/woman will be out of job. I actually prefer to pick up my parcel from the POPstation. Own time own target...no need to stay at home to wait for delivery.

Think pop station can end up like our mailboxes when the volume gets big.. Unless they can automate everything to cut out human activity
  • Praise 1

While I am not saying my parcels or articles got thrown away also but i did experience frequent missing letters, and wrong articles being dropped into my letter box a few years ago. I asked the post office service manager but he could not assure me anything. And the problem with this business is there is no feedback system to check the end result.

• Praise 1

I think comments about postman got be fair. Although there are black sheep out there we shouldn't stereotype all of them.

Just like for this case the postman threw away the return mails. Many ppl don't double check the address whether it's stated correctly. I think they got to take part of the blame too.

Put yourself in their shoes. The mailbox area at my place is not well lit even during the day. Plus the fonts on the letters are very small. Seriously, if the postman make mistake sometimes I wouldn't blame them. I just place my neighbour's mail on their doorstep if that happens and my neighbours do the same. It's no big deal. I too make mistakes so why have zero tolerance on the postman? He's not my enemy. He only delivers the mail.

As for parcels I use vpost and popstations and self-collect at my convenience. Seriously I would rather pay slightly more. Especially for those items that are of value. Postman are no doubt poorly paid so no need to put such responsibility on them or have such high expectations.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 7

I think comments about postman got be fair. Although there are black sheep out there we shouldn't stereotype all of them.

Just like for this case the postman threw away the return mails. Many ppl don't double check the address whether it's stated correctly. I think they got to take part of the blame too.

Put yourself in their shoes. The mailbox area at my place is not well lit even during the day. Plus the fonts on the letters are very small. Seriously, if the postman make mistake sometimes I wouldn't blame them. I just place my neighbour's mail on their doorstep if that happens and my neighbours do the same. It's no big deal. I too make mistakes so why have zero tolerance on the postman? He's not my enemy. He only delivers the mail.

As for parcels I use vpost and popstations and self-collect at my convenience. Seriously I would rather pay slightly more. Especially for those items that are of value. Postman are no doubt poorly paid so no need to put such responsibility on them or have such high expectations.

There are good and bad m postman. My office postman was ok. They would even bring the mails the top floor admin dept. Downstair guardhouse they can leave the mails there.

At home I have seen postmen untied rubber than throw rubber band on the floor.

The video say got letters

But probably is agent make noise becuase they pay money

property agents dint use singpost......they use privateers who gets allowance by the bundles they distribute. I did that door to door for redifussion when i was a teenager saving up for a bmx....

Want to share something slightly off topic. In 2004, I went backpacking so I was on Finland. That was Jan. I bought a post card and wanted to send it back home by post. So I wrote the address, placed the stamp and went to the post office in Helsinki and gestured where to put it. They helpfully pointed me to a slot. Everything was written in Finnish.

Fast forward to April when I returned home. I asked my family if they received my postcard. They said no.

Until now I dunno where it went to or maybe I was misdirected to the trash bin/ recycle bin instead since all communication in the post office was by gestures.

• Praise 2

property agents dint use singpost......they use privateers who gets allowance by the bundles they distribute. I did that door to door for redifussion when i was a teenager saving up for a bmx....

privateers can enter into the condo to distribute?

dont think so......condo owners gets property agents pamphlets? I dont live in one and i never ask those who lives in 1 either!

Now i read the post again.......singpost gets money from property agents but the one that does the leg work is the postman. My apologies hor. If i am the post man i will also very tulan......but i wont throw the letters ....i will throw the flyers and brochures. Its very tiring and mundane duty and need to distribute each flyer to each mail box will be very taxing.....

Edited by Eviilusion

Whoa bro!!! Please share!!! For the sake of us here man!!!

I still need to piak piak one :grin:

post-180434-0-43393900-1518329354.jpg

before post office got privatised, all are fine.

Now? enough said.

If the national mail service can't even function properly, something is getting wrong in this country. 

Their mgmt is hopeless. I mentioned earlier, I lost priority registered airmail with tracking number. From US to Singapore took only two days, lost in SingPost for 2 weeks. They told me they lost it because the postman is on ICT. PCB, they really call back the NSman to find it, the company so big only one postman ? I must say I give the NSman full respect, he book out one day and he really found my letter for me. Sure, you can blame on one postman but everywhere you look seems it's not happening once or twice. People don't know will think it is some Sim Lim Square ah beng shop doing delivery.

what else is new........get the cheapest contract/workers and squeeze them dry. If anything wrong they send in the guys in long-sleeves who spent his days in his air-con office to breathe down on the already wet-with-perspiration shirted guy.
  • Praise 1

attachicon.gifYSNPP.jpg

If the national mail service can't even function properly, something is getting wrong in this country.

its not only the national mail...... know of a new company took over the contract of cleaning services after the new one undercut the previous company's tender. They won the contract but cut the salary of each worker to sub 1k and their annual leaves were also reduced. Workers werent happy (above 60 yo) werent happy and they sent in a guy driving a volvo to talk to the workers on why their pay need to be reduced...

We want fast n cheap,this is what we get...

However, SingPost is not exactly cheap but their comparison with 1st world countries, they are Cheap n good..

So , we can only LLST n hope for the betterer..

• Praise 8

↡ Advertisement