Singpost postman threw residents letters away

supersen

If not mistaken.. Sungpost is owned by German post.. run by ex army fellows .. so who is screwing who also don’t know..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

more things could be dig up v soon

all the existing/ex-singpost employees will come forward now since its blown out of proportion already

as usual the damage control team in singpost will need to brainstorm how to answer to the public

Told you liao, they have an over supply of "garmen" scholars, plenty of these people are helicopter into their current position due to connections never their abilities. They are simply the wrong fit and the garmen don't know what to do with these people.

They might be smart and I say might, because plenty of people which didn't become scholars end working as MD and senior management without connections nor scholarships. Plenty of people with a PhD which knows nuts about running a company.

Time and time again, they fail to realise that managing a commercial team isn't the same as managing of bunch of teenagers learning to be adults. Responsibilities are so much different.

Edited by CH_CO

Mine worst!!!! I sent my original receipts for insurance claims, it never reached the destination..... my claim gone!!!

Cannot imagine so many transactions over carosel are by mail.

Postman at fault. But did Singpost overwork their postman?

Anticipating a non-registered mail now is like taking grabhitch, see heng suay luck

i am glad my lazada items always reach me  

Edited by supersen

How old is he?

Not sure if I mentioned before. Have a friend from UK who still writes letters. No hand phone , no social media.

Just for him I have to go to SAM machine to buy stamps and I have a stack of envelopes at home just to post to him.

When he came in 2016, the planning took almost two months because we were sending letters back and forth.

When he came I waited at the airport with a signboard waiting for him cos he had no handphone. He did come.

We walked from hostel to hostel in Chinatown because he had no prior booking cos he had no Internet. So we got a room. Then I told him tomorrow I meet you at this bus stop at this time. Just like old days before hand phone.

And yeah he paid for the hostel in cash cos he has no credit card.

Personally, I wonder why should the postman be fired, he is clearly presenting something very serious, he is being bullied and he has 2.7k worth of mail. Wow, I think he is superman to be able to do it. 30 mails per 5 min(I can't even reply 30 emails in 5 mins) also need 7.5 hours without break. Further more the travel time between the mail boxes.

Why should the lower cost workers be faulted, while the management goes scott free, wow they have a easy task to just simply push the ball down to them. It is showing us a clear sign, the management is rotten, if the managers cannot understand the word, I can provide it below taken from the Internet dictionary.

Again, confirm must be the army folk in management again. Personally I am not biased against them but the correlation is simply too strong.

noun

noun: manager; plural noun: managers

a person responsible for controlling or administering an organization or group of staff.

a person regarded in terms of their skill in managing resources, especially those of a household.

COMPUTING

a program or system that controls or organizes a peripheral device or process.

"a file manager"

(in the Houses of Parliament and the US Senate) a member of a committee appointed by one house to confer with a similar committee of the other house.

The meaning officer is pretty different from the word manager.

noun

noun: officer; plural noun: officers

a person holding a position of authority, especially one with a commission, in the armed services, the mercantile marine, or on a passenger ship.

"he is also a serving officer in the army"

Over priced personnel on top, and poorly paid service providers, what good mail service can we have?

Edited by CH_CO
  • Praise 1

volume of mail have been reduced dramatically today compared to 20 years ago.

While to number of mails for greeting cards, letter, bills, etc has been reduced in the recent decade due to digitization, however, the number of parcels increases due to e-commerce.. 

While to number of mails for greeting cards, letter, bills, etc has been reduced in the recent decade due to digitization, however, the number of parcels increases due to e-commerce..

Do you know the number of mail man actually drastically reduce as well? How many people you know personally is working as a mail man? Parcels and other stuff aside, this job is no longer able to feed the family.

I know my neighbour was a mailman till he retired. That was about 20 years back.

Edited by CH_CO

I dun think singpost get much of the business from e-commerce, most merchants won't use them cos they can't do delivery within 2-3 days.

I dun think singpost get much of the business from e-commerce, most merchants won't use them cos they can't do delivery within 2-3 days.

However based on the posts here, the postmen still has to do a number of home deliveries of these packages, and hence of the complaints here about leaving collection slips, while people are still at home.

if you calculate 3k of mail is not a lot, at most 10 blocks of hdb (lesser for the new 40 storey flat) . The current mail box system no need to slot letter into every unit, that make the distribution faster than the past.

unless is registered, some smaller parcel can fit into the mailbox with the new hdb mailbox.

Edited by Jman888

ya......another bro filled me in....now i know! Usually if i see an agent's flyer on my gate i will rummage through the listing to see how much i can get for my unit....ððð. But i know most of the figures are inflated......can go hdb to check the latest transaction and usually the numbers are way off from the flyers....hahaha! I usually takes agent figure with a pinch of salt and there are agents who will try to hide facts that one is actually above their heads when buying properties......

I will look at the agent photo. Pretty I bring it home. Male agent in dump then straight away

How old is he?

52 this year cos in 2016 when he came he was celebrating his 50th birthday.

I met him in 2002 when I was backpacking in USA. We kept in touch over the years via snail mail and we met for the second time in 2016.

Not sure if there will ever be a third time.

I will look at the agent photo. Pretty I bring it home. Male agent in dump then straight away

You should know by now that the pretty photo you see on the flyer is not going to be the same as the real person you are going to meet.

when i said the figures are inflated i dont only mean the numbers hor..... Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement