Chap Chye Png

DACH

28 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you eat chap chye png?

• Everyday
    • 4-6 days a week
    • 2-4 days a week
    • 1 day weekly
    • I hardly / don't eat chap chye png

Have bak kut teh shop nearby? The coffeeshop i talking have one stall selling noodle by an old uncle de.

The one with the curry rice ?

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

oh then its the one near the bak kut teh shop...

That's the famous loo's scissors curry rice right? If its that one, it's super sedap.

Good chap chye peng is a godsend for those who do not have the luxury of a home cooked meal. Probably the most economical and closest to mom's cooking.

• Praise 4

This stall is hainanese curry rice , not chap chye png .

Normally , curry rice is more expensive than chap chye png . 

the bak kut teh shop , is on the next street , further down one street from TB market .  

I always find curry rice is chap chye png also?! Lol.

I am not too into chap chai png unless no other choice or wana have vegetables in my food.

I prefer Nasi Lemak kind of chap chai png.

I always thought chap chai png is very common here, many people should eat this food quite often de. But looks like many people here dont eat this often.

I always thought chap chai png is very common here, many people should eat this food quite often de. But looks like many people here dont eat this often.

Many people here are rich leh...  :XD:

this is because most people get to eat dinner at home where usually have similar dishes like chap cai png.

this is because most people get to eat dinner at home where usually have similar dishes like chap cai png.

Who says?

As you all know, I have been eating cai peng everyday for this year, with only egg and tofu.

Chap Chye Png has been a staple food for Singaporeans for decades. It is easy to decide what you want to eat, depending on what are the dishes offered by the stall holder. Normally it will be vegetables, egg, tofu, meat, seafood, fishes, etc. You have the basic staple food with choices like white rice, brown rice, porridge, fried bee hoon, kway tiao or noodles. Lastly, it comes with choice of gravys to top up the dish.

It is cheap and good for the working people and can easily take away for them to eat in offices. The more dishes you select, the more expensive it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_rice

Economy rice, found in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand, refers not to a specific dish in the Singaporean, Malaysian and Thai pantheon of cuisine, but rather to a type of food or a food stall commonly found in hawker centres, street vendors or food courts in these countries.

Economy rice stalls typically consist of a glass case containing anywhere from 10-15 troughs of cooked food, including meat, vegetables, eggs and tofu. Customers select any combination of these dishes, which are served accompanied by a portion of steamed white rice. In Singapore, it is more common to find the food on open troughs kept warm by hot water and an electric heater below.

Better quality economy rice stalls have warmers beneath the troughs of food which ensure that food is served hot.

What kind of dishes do you normally like to order for your chap chye png? :D

11264177_444147629093207_843452522_n.jpg

Being the king of polls,may I propose that you ask how much people spends on their economy rice,and how many dishes do they order.

Firstly,I need to admit I eat like a pauper,eating only rice with tofu,with only meat /veg on good days.

My meal costs less than $2.60, typically less than or equal to $2.20.

Now, please donate money to me so I can have a $2.50 meal...

post-196254-0-26991100-1519745305_thumb.png

Edited by Brass

Being the king of polls,may I propose that you ask how much people spends on their economy rice,and how many dishes do they order.

Firstly,I need to admit I eat like a pauper,eating only rice with tofu,with only meat /veg on good days.

My meal costs less than $2.60, typically less than or equal to $2.20.

Now, please donate money to me so I can have a $2.50 meal...

Poll option can only add one question, right?

Yes...then?

You understand what I'm implying,right?ð¤ð¤ð¤ð¤ð¤

Create another thread?

Edited by DACH