Fuel gauge needle stop moving

Agent008

Faulty fuel gauge is also an offence under LTA regulations... Last time was fined $50 not sure about now.. need to send for inspection if caught...

↡ Advertisement

Better remove the magic switch.

Driving in below 3/4 is one offence

but tempering with the nice switch

is a worse offense. I know done by

previous owner but if caught how is

TS going to prove this?

:D

I hope the immigration guys are not reading this post here, I am told these days they dont check fuel guage anymore , can any regular trippers please confirm ?
  • Praise 1

Haven't fix yet. Currently pump more regularly and monitoring distance travelled.

Will repair after cny...after clicking an unknown button, the fuel gauge still won't go down.

It will display full when I pump to full.

But after using some petrol, it will always stop at around 3/4 mark.

Assuming it's not modified with an unknown switch, it looks like the float is stuck. Something is blocking it from going all the way down.

At one time, I push a hose too deep (in my van) into the tank to fill up diesel and possibly hit the float. The fuel gauge won't go all the way in one direction (only show 1/2 tank max). Only after I pump full tank, did the float "reset" and the fuel gauge went back to the full range.

Neutral Newbie

I have a 2008 kia rio and i took off my instrument cluster to adjust my speedometer because it was off by 5+ miles, not realizing how much of a pain it would be to put the other gauges back on. Anyway, i got my speedometer and my rpm gauge working properly but my temperature gauge and my fuel gauge will not even move when i turn the key on or start the ignition. I’m new here and don’t know if this is an ok place to post this but i need help!!

I have a 2008 kia rio and i took off my instrument cluster to adjust my speedometer because it was off by 5+ miles, not realizing how much of a pain it would be to put the other gauges back on. Anyway, i got my speedometer and my rpm gauge working properly but my temperature gauge and my fuel gauge will not even move when i turn the key on or start the ignition. Iâm new here and donât know if this is an ok place to post this but i need help!!

bring it to a workshop and get them to fix it for you.
  • Praise 1

I have a 2008 kia rio and i took off my instrument cluster to adjust my speedometer because it was off by 5+ miles, not realizing how much of a pain it would be to put the other gauges back on. Anyway, i got my speedometer and my rpm gauge working properly but my temperature gauge and my fuel gauge will not even move when i turn the key on or start the ignition. I’m new here and don’t know if this is an ok place to post this but i need help!!

how is the adjustment of a speedometer done? by software or tuning some mechanical device.

speedo reading affected by tyre size.

I have driven cars from day 1 to scrap and never bothered about speedo error.

I have a 2008 kia rio and i took off my instrument cluster to adjust my speedometer because it was off by 5+ miles, not realizing how much of a pain it would be to put the other gauges back on. Anyway, i got my speedometer and my rpm gauge working properly but my temperature gauge and my fuel gauge will not even move when i turn the key on or start the ignition. Iâm new here and donât know if this is an ok place to post this but i need help!!

Since before you work the guages are working, you just have to reverse the process again and check if you have missed reconnecting the wires of the fuel and temperature indicators.

It is common for manufacturers to tune down the speedometer by average of 5 to 7% so that one is travelling at lower speed than what is shown onnthe speedometer. Meaning one will not be caught for speeding even if the speedometer indicates a slightly higher than road speed limit.

You are using miles, which country are you driving in?

Edited by Ct3833

Neutral Newbie

how is the adjustment of a speedometer done? by software or tuning some mechanical device.

speedo reading affected by tyre size.

I have driven cars from day 1 to scrap and never bothered about speedo error.

It’s manual. I just turned the needle until “0” was it’s stopping point. But with the fuel gauge and temp gauge, it won’t move at all. I don’t have any clue how I could have damaged them. And if I did damage one then I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the other was damaged too. So that leaves me to believe that there should be a way to reset them.
↡ Advertisement