• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
64 replies to this topic | 76 praises

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Car thieves in Malaysia have gone high-tech, using device to unlock car with keyless entry

cartheft2.jpg

Owners of cars using the keyless entry system are at risk of having their vehicles stolen in minutes by a frequency­hacking device that is available in Malaysia.

The device, which costs about RM150 (S$50) and can be obtained online or at some electronics stores, can unlock a car and start its engine by hacking its radio frequency identification (RFID) information.

A source said the device could unlock almost any car with keyless entry.

Source: http://www.straitsti...ar-with-keyless

I still use the old school method to lock the steering but if they wanna steal they'll easily remove it anyway. Still, I think deterrence is better than nothing! 

Tianmo, Atrecord and andrewyewkc praised this

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Its a global thing and we take potshot at our neighbour. Oh.....well, many would drive up north any way. Mine still need a key and a kick start....
Together We stand Alone

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Its a global thing and we take potshot at our neighbour. Oh.....well, many would drive up north any way. Mine still need a key and a kick start....

maybe because it's relatable to us.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:46 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

maybe because it's relatable to us.

how difficult is it to bring a computer along with the software into SG? Just need the software, a laptop and a cashcard and can drive out of the carpark oredy. So everywhere would be unsafe for the cars with keyless entry and starting system. Dont even need to drive across the causeway as i remembered even stolen cars in MY ended up in sg ports as a point of transit not too long ago.
Together We stand Alone

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

uniquely_ad
  • Premium member
    uniquely_ad
    5th Gear
    Author Image

That’s why I hide my key fob in an aluminium box when I go North
Atrecord praised this

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

Charmaine12
  • Premium member
    Charmaine12
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Only mechanical key start will be safe ? We are going back ..

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Only mechanical key start will be safe ? We are going back ..

old tech will confuse them, can even make them give up

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

Ake109
  • Premium member
    Ake109
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I still use the old school method to lock the steering but if they wanna steal they'll easily remove it anyway. Still, I think deterrence is better than nothing! 

Deterrence does wonders. With a visible steering lock, thieves will just find it easier to steal another car (so many out there).

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:51 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The thing about the malaysian car thefts is, they are very flexible one,  when you go high tech, they also go high tech, when you go old tech, they also can, they just do this.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

car-towing2.png

RH1667, Uncle2 and supersen praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:58 PM

Zxcvb
  • Zxcvb
    6th Gear
    Author Image

That's why I always use my key to lock the car door while in JB. But nowadays cars don't come with keys. Oh well. I mean how hard is it to just use the key to start a car? And I drive a manual transmission, confirm turn off a lot of potential car thieves.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:20 PM

Hyde
  • Hyde
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

What about those that uses remote control locking system but key to crank engine?

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That's why I always use my key to lock the car door while in JB. But nowadays cars don't come with keys. Oh well. I mean how hard is it to just use the key to start a car? And I drive a manual transmission, confirm turn off a lot of potential car thieves.

Nowadays, a lot of car don't have key hole to start a car.  How to use key?

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:04 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This technology getting cheaper. So more accessible now. I bought those remote that can duplicate car key from taobao, so I guess they just need something that can work from further away instead of being just beside the remote to duplicate the key when the owner presses the button.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That’s why I hide my key fob in an aluminium box when I go North

What is the reason/logic behind aluminium being able to block the signal?

Sdf4786k praised this

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:19 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    Supercharged
    Author Image

almost like wearing a helmet with tin foil to stop alien from stealing your brain thoughts like the X men ?

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:20 PM

Phang
  • Premium member
    Phang
    6th Gear
    Author Image

CornySameBlueshark-max-1mb.gif
Wyfitms praised this

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:27 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i thought the remote only open door. to start you need the immolaser code embeded in your remote.that one with the remote cannot scan leh

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i thought the remote only open door. to start you need the immolaser code embeded in your remote.that one with the remote cannot scan leh

With the correct software, they just need a laptop, plug into the OBD2 port and program a new key. Software can be found quite easily for most cars. Original software cost is quite high. But there are pirated versions from China.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:55 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thatâs why I hide my key fob in an aluminium box when I go North

Cover how many layers of aluminum foil is the best deterrence?
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:01 PM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

almost like wearing a helmet with tin foil to stop alien from stealing your brain thoughts like the X men ?

ha ha like that arrh?

But seriously, those what RF signal cannot penetrate aluminium? The canned food or drinks' can - are they made of aluminium?

Should make key holders or key fob with aluminium lining then surely good biz...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: car theft, car thief, malaysia and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users