• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic | 360 praises

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:47 AM

alex976
  • Premium member
    alex976
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I would like to highlight my case. Last Saturday, I went to Khatib Central to pick up my wife after she has completed her CNY shopping. My brother borrowed my car so I had to drive my L200.

It had a height of 1.95m (after installation of airport light beacons for use in within Changi Airport), i was not able to enter the MSCP located at Blk 848A as it had a height limit of 1.8m. To make matters worse, there were no space to park at the roadside or the loading & unloading lots as the road itself was congested. Thus I did not have a choice but to park at the Season Parking Lot located at Level 1 as its height limit is 2.15m. 

I came back to my vehicle with my wife to realise that I have received a fine and when i got home i proceed to file an appeal.

I am ok to have my appeal rejected but the grounds that it had been rejected is rather lacking in common sense. It was due to the fact that there is people complaining. If it was like you are a repeat offender or your vehicle is below 1.8m you can definitely park at the MSCP, i still can accept it.

I can't park anywhere else and I cant possibly ram through the height limit gantry and damage HDB's property.

From now on, I will go on foot to Khatib Central but I hope that public servants can solve problems like renovating the carpark to solve the parking problem and not resort to summons. A smart society solves the problem at the root not at the ends. 

I have since paid my fine 

Edited by alex976, 13 February 2018 - 12:48 AM.

Dleodleo and SGCMmadman praised this

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:49 AM

Hoseyboh
  • Hoseyboh
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I would like to highlight my case. Last Saturday, I went to Khatib Central to pick up my wife after she has completed her CNY shopping. My brother borrowed my car so I had to drive my L200.

It had a height of 1.95m (after installation of airport light beacons for use in within Changi Airport), i was not able to enter the MSCP located at Blk 848A as it had a height limit of 1.8m. To make matters worse, there were no space to park at the roadside or the loading & unloading lots as the road itself was congested. Thus I did not have a choice but to park at the Season Parking Lot located at Level 1 as its height limit is 2.15m.

I came back to my vehicle with my wife to realise that I have received a fine and when i got home i proceed to file an appeal.

I am ok to have my appeal rejected but the grounds that it had been rejected is rather lacking in common sense. It was due to the fact that there is people complaining. If it was like you are a repeat offender or your vehicle is below 1.8m you can definitely park at the MSCP, i still can accept it.

I can't park anywhere else and I cant possibly ram through the height limit gantry and damage HDB's property.

From now on, I will go on foot to Khatib Central but I hope that public servants can solve problems like renovating the carpark to solve the parking problem and not resort to summons. A smart society solves the problem at the root not at the ends.

I have since paid my fine

Dis is the same case as van and small lorry within height limit can park at MSCP where else double cab pick up are not allowed to park at MSCP. 😂

Edited by Hoseyboh, 13 February 2018 - 04:50 AM.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:05 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

people who complain because it was for season parking, I dun think they care about whether your vehicle can't park elsewhere due to height constraints.
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:15 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hope u felt better after letting it out. Maybe you can suggest to the town council abt your predicament and hopefully they do something abt it sometime soon..
Happy CNY.. Peace.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:30 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pls lah. You are making a fool of yourself. Why do I say this? You ask.

Look around you. A lot of carparks have this height limitation. Not just hdb mscp. It's to prevent heavy vehicles from entry. Why? Becoz the mscp can't hold their weight. There are weight limitations for upper levels. 2nd reason for the height restriction is becoz any height more dan the limit will hit the lights and fire fighting system within the mscp.

If you appeal ppl for common sense...why can't you do like wise? Unless you are saying all these for your own convenience. Do you know how ironic this is?

Ppl will see your situation as a lame excuse and say you deserve the fine. I too will agree with them. Where is your own common sense?

Theoldjaffa, Yeshe, Volvobrick, RadX and 1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:49 AM

Vidz
  • Premium member
    Vidz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

pay and forget... don't keep thinking about it. Your life worth more than the fines. [laugh]

[drivingcar]

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:50 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

A 1.95m car is out of the ordinary. If the carpark can't accommodate a normal height SUV, then yeah, that's cause for complain but in this case, your fault.

That is all.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:59 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

let it go, and maybe next time can scout for nearby open carparks before driving the vehicle there, which i'm sure those lorry and van drivers do. 

happy CNY in advance. 

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Height limit is there for a reason. To raise the height limit. Soon we will have buse, mini bus complain as well. TS can try parking at open air carpark. The higher the height of vehicle the bigger the width. Our mscp lot already getting smaller and smaller. To TS just pay the fine and forget about it. Cny coming no point bragging about this issue.

Maybe Mustank can share as well. Not all double cab can park at the MSCP. There was one incident where company newly brought double cab was rejected in apply season parking. Reason due to the length. I think Nissan new model. Eventually got it resolved by getting the se to bring the official spec sheet (LTA approved) to the town council. On top of that such vehicle need to pay double or more than normal vehicle.

BTW those illegal park at season parking I will deliberately call the town council to come down and summon. I know all the car on the level I usually park. That is just me. When I go other mscp I always drive up to park at hourly.

Edited by Kopites, 13 February 2018 - 09:19 AM.

Dleodleo praised this

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

another "not my fault" situation .... sigh ...

Attached Thumbnails

• download (2).jpg

focus

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think TS is entitled to park any where he wants because his vehicle is extra tall.

I support TS.

:D
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:19 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Height limit is there for a reason. To raise the height limit. Soon we will have buse, mini bus complain as well. TS can try parking at open air carpark. The higher the height of vehicle the bigger the width. Our mscp lot already getting smaller and smaller. To TS just pay the fine and forget about it. Cny coming no point bragging about this issue.

Maybe Mustank can share as well. Not all double cab can park at the MSCP. There was one incident where company newly brought double cab was rejected in apply season parking. Reason due to the length. I think Nissan new model. Eventually got it resolved by getting the se to bring the official spec sheet (LTA approved) to the town council. On top of that such vehicle need to pay double or more than normal vehicle.

BTW though illegal park at season parking I will deliberately call the town council to come down and summon. I know all the car on the level I usually park. That is just me. When I go other mscp I always drove up to park at hourly.

[shocked]  [shocked]

SiLangKia praised this
That is all.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:27 AM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

[shocked] [shocked]

Yes. I know all of the neighbours that park on the usual level. Change car or replacement car I also know. Hahaha..living/park here for decades. Make quite a few new friends over the years on that level as well. Say hello to them..be friendly..is like big family. To add..I even know a few Milf OL how come 8am car still around..Probably sick. Hahaha
Is better to be seem kpo/superficial friendly character than an arrogant person. We never know when we will need the help of those car park beside us. Just my opinion.

Edited by Kopites, 13 February 2018 - 09:28 AM.

SiLangKia praised this

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Aventador
  • Aventador
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Last Saturday, I went to Khatib Central to pick up my wife after she has completed her CNY shopping.

Thus I did not have a choice but to park at the Season Parking Lot

If you are there to pick up your Wife, you did not need to park
Even if she had lots of shopping she will just have to make a few trips to load up the car

So you did have a choice. But you chose the most convenient one for you

You knew the costs when you took the gamble, so take it like a gentleman. No one to blame for rejecting the appeal.
Jamesc, Theoldjaffa, SiLangKia, TameDriver, Volvobrick and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some old car parks at Orchard are 1.8m only.

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:59 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes. I know all of the neighbours that park on the usual level. Change car or replacement car I also know. Hahaha..living/park here for decades. Make quite a few new friends over the years on that level as well. Say hello to them..be friendly..is like big family. To add..I even know a few Milf OL how come 8am car still around..Probably sick. Hahaha
Is better to be seem kpo/superficial friendly character than an arrogant person. We never know when we will need the help of those car park beside us. Just my opinion.

only MILF OL then you notice hor?  :XD:

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
"Thank you for participating in the kdash social experiment."

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:07 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

L O C K E D

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

alex976
  • Premium member
    alex976
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for all the reply.

I paid my fine.

For those whom say I deserve it, I would say have some compassion. We all need some people to understand our circumstances.

You park on the roadside, you congest the traffic.

You park at the loading & unloading bay, you onstruct the cargo trucks

If I had a choice, I would park at the white lots.

Also to those geniuses whom say I shld have know. Go and look around at hdb MSCP the norm now is 2.15m for guiding control code. Those in the construction line will understand

Edited by alex976, 13 February 2018 - 10:41 AM.

TameDriver praised this

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cannot use the same rule in every situation.

Rules shouldn't apply to TS in this case and also to me in every case.

I also feel I should park any where I want and not get a fine.

I also feel people should give way to me but I feel I don't need to give way to anybody.

Zebra crossing I think cars should give way to pedestrian except me because not all rules should apply to me.

I really think rules shouldn't apply to me. Only to you people.

I also forgot merging lane the car in front of me should slow down for me and let me pass.

Actually many people agree with me but they dare not say here cos you all keep whacking us.

Why can't people here understand my time is more important than yours and you should always give way to me.

Please don't argue with me just for the sake of arguing.

that pollute the earth

Posted 13 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When I am in box junction going straight please don't be stupid and turn your car and block my way.

Causeway is very jam do you seriously think I should queue up like everyone else? Please lah just stop your car when I want to cut in.

Please everybody just be reasonable and just do it my way.

that pollute the earth

Back to FAQ & Help  ·  MCF Forum Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: parking, commercial vehicle, l200 and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users