Five-figure monthly income but still not enough

UncleAtas

Correct me if I am wrong. I think, the statement in red above does not reflect the correct meaning of median (in statistical term).

Quoting from Wikipedia - "The median is the value separating the higher half of a data sample, a population, or a probability distribution, from the lower half. For a data set, it may be thought of as the "middle" value."

So the correct interpretation in this case is half the total households earning =< $9.3K, they technically could be earning from $0 to $9.3K, and not "50% of household are having 9.3k income".

thanks for pointing that out, you are correct, my poor English problem. Yes , should be 50% of household are having less than 9.3k income.. ...Not "are having 9.3k income"....

Thanks.

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement

5 figure for a family which is still paying off the surgery debt might be a little hard but to ask for help is hard for the many which are below the list to accept. If you tell me you have 2 sick set of parents and young children yes I might agree.

The family can actually consider taking lesser extra lessons and the children can consider doing some house work. In the picture those kids are already fully grown and not young children, you mean they are crippled? Poly cannot do part time? I also part time my way to a degree, don't tell me that cannot be done.

Mother not well, children cannot clean the house, die die must have helper? 3 children some more This is clearly the dumb leaders giving the exact excuse why they are raising taxes. Really retarded.

While the rich are already shouldering a high amount of taxes, personally rather than consistently increasing taxes they should consider financial prudence.

The cost vs work done is seriously out of hand and those that are doing the dirty work. It is an inverse pyramid in terms of people doing work vs the so called management! A small country like Singapore need so Much management with billions in wage bill.

Imagine just smrt alone, we saw from 2015 to 2016 wage bill increased by 12% wage cost at least, with a huge amount going to "management" and not service crew, it is found in public reports, just look for it yourself. Last checked that's when the breakdowns are the highest, strange?!? Trust? How?

Edited by CH_CO
  • Praise 12

No wonder there are reports of people earning 10k claim not enough then how then for which "survives" with half of that 5k and below? Beg in the streets?

See how our public transport is hiking its rates.

Imagine "benefits" for senior management went for 15mio to 20 mio from 2015 to 2016, I might have read it wrongly but last checked pay cut leh how can it be possible? With this money I can employ at least 50 more engineers to work on the failures with the average of 5k pay.

http://smrt.com.sg/News-Room/Annual-Reports

Maybe some senior with financial background can do a more deeper check. Variable reduced and basic increase? Screw up the entire year

, cut performance bonus is normal but he can put it as pay cut. Wow if I don't do well for my company, I probably won't be around already.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/smrt-cuts-ceo-desmond-kueks-pay-by-nearly-20

Edited by CH_CO

Actually these household income thing also very manipulable.

You can say a family of 5 has 10k income.

Father earn 10k

Mother housewife

3 daughters marrying off soon

Father earn 3.3k

Mother earn 3.3k

Eldest kid earn 3.3k preparing for marriage.

2 younger kids in uni.

Father earn 10k

Mother housewife

3 toddlers.

Haven't even considered retired aged parents needs.

The scenes can be manipulated by our fake news to suit govt desired position.

And of cos, never mention there are even worst off families, those need all other families to contribute a couple plates of char kway tiaos each just to survive.

• Praise 2

Father earn 10k

Mother housewife

Father earn 3.3k

Mother earn 3.3k

2 younger kids in uni.

Father earn 10k

Mother housewife

3 toddlers.

And of cos, never mention there are even worst off families, those need all other families to contribute a couple plates of char kway tiaos each just to survive.

most fall into the total household income but if tell you the real data, what is there to boost? 

Father earn 10k

Mother housewife

Father earn 3.3k

Mother earn 3.3k

2 younger kids in uni.

Father earn 10k

Mother housewife

3 toddlers.

To be really frank, 10k, household is nothing

Some even personal more than 10k...

So I agree that 10k for household is really struggling

• Praise 1

The new era of the middle class getting squeezed.

Frankly, everyone will also say they are struggling... Even the one who takes home high 5 digit per month will say not enough. Got 2 helpers, 4 in laws, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 4 cars, 1 wife, 2 misstresses, 3 kids, 2 illegitimate kids...

Jokes aside, it can be tough shouldering many debt - study debt, medical bills, sustaining parents, hdb loan...

Give ppl the benefit of doubt ba.

10k, a sick wife that cannot work, 3 school going kids, a car and a helper can be tough. But they don't seems to need further help on the medical front. Surely they are not asking for handouts, otherwise we will go broke. If 50% of the population needs help on their needs, we have totally failed.

Damn depressing

No wonder many gals i dated says

You qualify as a bf cos you are interesting and has a good sense of humour

But as a life partner/husband. Sense of humour cant feed the family

Then how so much competition for job

Ft slash salary just to stay here and send back sing dollar

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 2

Can't feed, how? Want to eat prada and hermes everyday? Work together for a purpose is actually more fun and likely to have happier marriage when a person has a sense of humour.

If no money is a worry for the girl, it is better not to marry her in the first place cos this type of girls are not worth it. This kind of people won't be filial either.

Lol TYPICAL of the brats in singapore. One thing I noticed, kids which grew up in harsher environments are more filial and nicer people than the other brats which are spoilt by their parents. Just a personal observation.

Was wiping tables on the weekends and I noticed a couple of kids(at least 12 Yr old) demanding why you never buy me drink/food, it is so hot why no air con?

The dumb parents actually went running around buying it for them. If it was me, I would tell/f them and give them the money go buy. Not happy don't eat.

Edited by CH_CO
  • Praise 2

Wow everybody agreeing with me nowadays?

$5k per month salary is poor of today

Wow everybody agreeing with me nowadays?

$5k per month salary is poor of today

You don't know meh, 5k is the new poor in singapore. The garment still wanna increase tax to enrich their own pockets. How not to be poor. Edited by CH_CO

Damn depressing

That works in your favour because you are an employer if I am not mistaken?

Damn depressing

Become gay lo

U sure hv many bf

You don't know meh, 5k is the new poor in singapore. The garment still wanna increase tax to enrich their own pockets. How not to be poor.

I am the grandfather of that statement, you didnt know meh?

↡ Advertisement