Audi Q3 owners check in

Midorima

Have been searching around in the forum, don't seem to see any topics specifically to this model. How is the car for those who have driven it for some time?

I have driven my 1.4l 2017 manufactured for about 6 months +. It is great, but noticed these 2 things:-

1. Brakes really squeak loud in the morning, but goes away quickly. Read that the brakes used by Audi tend to have this characteristic

2. Sometimes at around 1800-2000rpm for first 3 gears or so, there is this very soft tone sound, like a very very faint toned whistle. Can't describe it exactly, quite like a soft recorder sound (those you blow into). It is only audible if you don't turn on the radio as it is quite soft. It doesn't always have this sound, and if you rev harder it actually goes away and doesn't come back. I am not sure the source, but hopefully it is not a sign of a bigger problem.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I am driving an Audi Q3. Experience fuel cover spoiled. Any advice as I tried to unlock the fuel cover using my remote car key. It was struck until several attempts, then I opened.

Seems like not many Q3 owners. 

Not that common in Singapore, but very popular in countries like the UK. Or it could just be the owners are not on the forums.

The Q3 2litre was priced too high, and the Q3 1.4l was launched sometime in 2015 when COEs were pretty high still. I guess its just the timing of the launches and by the time it got cheap (like now), there are newer models around.

Actually competitor cars like the X1 and GLA are not that plenty as well. Out of the 3, I guess the most common you see on the roads is the GLA.

↡ Advertisement