New rims and tyres!

Axela525

appreciate all above sharing

my personal views

almost all car manufacturer has optional tire size for your car which can easily find them in your Owners book or Door pillar / fuel cap cover. 

Most car manufacturer recommend up size tire with lower overall height (Not profile).

Some car owners prefer to have a higher overall height than original which make it looks nicer (gap btw tire and fender)

Do remember if your car still under warranty especially those ex $ car, your SA may make your Life little difficult should you complaint any thing linked to your wheel and tire.

Also changing your wheels alone may also cause some issue even

using back your tire 

appreciate all above sharing

my personal views

almost all car manufacturer has optional tire size for your car which can easily find them in your Owners book or Door pillar / fuel cap cover. 

Most car manufacturer recommend up size tire with lower overall height (Not profile).

Some car owners prefer to have a higher overall height than original which make it looks nicer (gap btw tire and fender)

Do remember if your car still under warranty especially those ex $ car, your SA may make your Life little difficult should you complaint any thing linked to your wheel and tire.

Also changing your wheels alone may also cause some issue even

using back your tire 

Hi,

Is this your personal experience?

Care to share more?

I just change my rims to 225/17/50 profile for my 17" OZ Leggera HLT 8J, is this the correct size? I wanted 215 width but Auto Kinetic says 225 is "Fuller" look. Don't quite understand. Any expert advice please? Thanks!

27500874_10215555471138261_4525237692862

Hi,

You should be on 225/50/R17 tyres given that your rims are 8" wide.

Luckily you did not go for 215 tyres.

I am on 18" OZ Leggera HLT (Gloss Black) with 8J.

I am using 225/45/R18 tyres, which I felt the tyres of 225 is not wrapping this 8" wide rims sufficiently.

Quite easily prone to kerb rash even with the thick sidewalls of my Bridgestone RE003 tyres.

• Praise 1

Hi,

I am using 225/45/R18 tyres, which I felt the tyres of 225 is not wrapping this 8" wide rims sufficiently.

Quite easily prone to kerb rash even with the thick sidewalls of my Bridgestone RE003 tyres.

any picture?

Sigh. Have not seen your new ride yet leh.

Hi,

Hi,

Is this your personal experience?

Care to share more?

Hi . I personally do not have this experience but other size like 225/45/18 on 7.5 and 8 inch wheel width.

Just MHO changing wheels and tire size always follow what car manufacturers recommended size first.

Hi,

Hey, i was in the same situation as u. Kerb my rims a few times

I recently change to 245/40/18, looks better and rim fully wrapped.

• Praise 1

warranty wont be void

only valid on Sales and purchase Agreement written clearly any after market parts replaced wont void your warranty.

I  think they should not void your Sliding door warranty because of your wheels changed from outside , because wheels are not directly connected to your Sliding door.

Haha.. Exactly..

Hence I am asking you in your previous quote "Do remember if your car still under warranty especially those ex $ car, your SA may make your Life little difficult should you complaint any thing linked to your wheel and tire. if you have any similar own experience to share that you have claimed warranty due to aftermarket wheels?

Maybe I could not think or have not met/heard any car faults that are/ could be link to aftermarket wheels.

Cheers.

• Praise 1

Haha.. Exactly..

Hence I am asking you in your previous quote "Do remember if your car still under warranty especially those ex $ car, your SA may make your Life little difficult should you complaint any thing linked to your wheel and tire. if you have any similar own experience to share that you have claimed warranty due to aftermarket wheels?

Maybe I could not think or have not met/heard any car faults that are/ could be link to aftermarket wheels.

Cheers.

thanks for your sharing again.

I personally do not have any issue putting larger wheels up to 19inch on any of my New car still under Warranty.

My Quote stated YOur SA May (it depending your Complaints and attitude), because again under Any Sales and Purchased Agreement we are not allow to Install any After market parts or Not approved parts (strictly speaking).

Do try them when you send your car for any service and repair by asking car we or allow change bigger or any after market wheels on your new car and see what The SA say.

Anyway is just MHO and sharing

I just change my rims to 225/17/50 profile for my 17" OZ Leggera HLT 8J, is this the correct size? I wanted 215 width but Auto Kinetic says 225 is "Fuller" look. Don't quite understand. Any expert advice please? Thanks!

27500874_10215555471138261_4525237692862

Swee Swee

Lol cool man . What ride you will be getting ?

no idea....maybe 2nd hand car....thinking of retiring...

↡ Advertisement