HardwareZone Forum hit by security breach

Stooky

Oh. Then my face lor.

Guys see all of you should learn from me. Never ask the girls to show you her best asset. I work opposite and now I can has chyst face. Hahaha Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement

Kena hacked 4mths ago now then know ah? In retrospect, it is not so surprising if MCF is also managed by the same IT team.

In this day and age, MCF unfortunately still belongs to a miority of sites I visit that still doesn't implement secured SSL during login. It is quite appalling from a cyber security standpoint to be honest. Not sure if the IT team is also procrastinating this effort until something major happens.

• Praise 1

Kena hacked 4mths ago now then know ah? In retrospect, it is not so surprising if MCF is also managed by the same IT team.

In this day and age, MCF unfortunately still belongs to a miority of sites I visit that still doesn't implement secured SSL during login. It is quite appalling from a cyber security standpoint to be honest. Not sure if the IT team is also procrastinating this effort until something major happens.

So technical bros.

I don't understand your posting. What I have been practicing since irc, icq era till now is never leave any personal information on forum or chat room.

So technical bros.

I don't understand your posting. What I have been practicing since irc, icq era till now is never leave any personal information on forum or chat room.

In layman terms, this means your browser connection to MCF and anything you type (including login id, password, confidential info, etc) is sent in clear text and easily obtained by hackers with the right tools.

In contrast, most modern websites today implement SSL to secure your browser connection and encrypt anything you're receiving and sending to the web site. You can tell by the extra "lock" logo appearing beside the site URL as shown below.

From all the web sites I frequent, MCF is unfortunately one the few that's still stuck in the previous century from a cyber security perspective.

ssl-lock-position-evolution1.png

• Praise 1

Dont be surprise, from the information i collected and after much careful analysis, I dare say I am 90% close to correct.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Off topic liao la, please.  [rifle]

Off topic liao la, please.  [rifle]

no denial means true lo? :XD:

ok, sensitive topic, lets move on.  ^_^  [:p]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo