Million dollar cash in bank now and zero debt...Anyone?

LPPL

If i say i have, would you believe?

If i say i dont have would you believe?

Anyway a million bucks in cash is not a lot.

Singapore a lot of cash rich people.

I cant agree with T2 more.

If you go to any bank, the number of privilege banking clients have exploded. In DBS or UOB, you often see many milking the place with free drinks, biscuits and newspaper. why not?

Some say, the next recession or depression would be different, because many learnt from the last and have now plenty of cash waiting for investment.

One way the lay person can judge if there are just too much cash floating around, deposit rates are pathetic. People are not buying much at retail but that does not mean they are short of cash but on the contrary, they are more prudent now and looking for value for money products.

There are a few here I can safely say got more than $2million in cash locked in fixed deposit. You want me to name them for you,......

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

老大, i believe everything u say la haha

$1m is definitely not alot but also not a small sum. U shud be able to retire comfortably with fully paid house

With just $1mil cash and a fully paid house (not selling)and fully paid car(not selling) you think people can retire? And comfortably for another 40yrs?

Hhhhhhhmmmmm.

Anyway @LPPL started this in the wrong section already.

Good morning....

Edited by Throttle2

Burn car but nvr burn petrol right lol

Noted noted.. I know what to burn the next round liao. I go burn a refinery next time. Then everyone down there can buy petrol.. Wahaha...

• Praise 1

èå¤§ï¼ i believe everything u say la haha

$1m is definitely not alot but also not a small sum. U shud be able to retire comfortably with fully paid house

Never assume any amount of monies can make a person happily to declare retirement.

Everyday seeing personal bank figure depleting do you reckon one can live long? The pressure and stress etc.

The only solution. One million in bank and continue to do manual job like table wiping.

Not sure about peeps here...this chap finds nothing is cheap in the market...inflationary worries?

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/02/24/buffetts-berkshire-has-116-billion-to-spend-on-a-deal.html

If you into football. Ask him go buy and invest in asernal fc. Good potential investment.
  • Praise 1

Sometimes I wonder what can the ghost buy with hell bank notes..... nobody burn shops, so got money no shops in hell. People burn cars without engine. And the car so small, cannot go in. In hell, all are Rolls Royce and Benz. No service centre since nobody burn. And when people burn HP, they burn the actual size. People burn a house, inside nothing, all chopsticks structure behind.

Sometimes, I want to ask my relatives all these questions but yet seems so offensive. So i’ve been keeping these questions without asking anyone.

They need the dollar to bribe the guards 

1) Invest some in new start ups

2) Give your children cash gift of 200,000 each, give them a goal to make the money grow double in 3 years.

3) Invest in travelling around the world, looking for new business ideas.

2) Give your children cash gift of 200,000 each, give them a goal to make the money grow double in 3 years.

You can lah.

We? Only suck thumb and order a cup of kopi

Can we as grown adults make double within 3 years???

They (inexperienced..... even at 30++++++ if I may say so )  will fall for something emotional and invest in toxic products and in the end loose everything ..... and even do more sillier things to recoup their losses 

Unless your got about $4-5 million Cash to spare and if its just a learning lesson for them 

I don't think its a right decision 

Let them earn thier keep; We earn our keep........ seems like this is  "the trend" in Singapore as its becoming more western nowadays as in the old Asian way;  we used to keep money for our kids future and they inherit and it goes on for the next and next gen; Unfortunately its not so anymore;    

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 2

If you invest 1 million in an instrument that generates income at 2.4% per annum, it will last forever if your expenditure is $2k per month.

The hard thing to do is to survive in SG on $2K per month.

With 1 mln $ in bank, can last a long time. If your tottal monthly expenditure is about 2K$, it should last about 40 years. Correct me if I am wrong.

If you invest 1 million in an instrument that generates income at 2.4% per annum, it will last forever if your expenditure is $2k per month.

The hard thing to do is to survive in SG on $2K per month.

No inflation? Should be more conservative and also estimate inflation at 2.4%

No need petrol - all floating around like hovercraft!

bro......you forget steam powered!

Not sure about peeps here...this chap finds nothing is cheap in the market...inflationary worries?

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/02/24/buffetts-berkshire-has-116-billion-to-spend-on-a-deal.html

this kind need only to open wallet, somebody out there will either becomes rich or becomes a bankrupt!
↡ Advertisement