Million dollar cash in bank now and zero debt...Anyone?

LPPL

You think radx or other admin going to sell your ip address to robbers to rob you? LOL...

No they won't, but there are people whom we call hackers and to be honest, forum is not difficult to hack. 

Never be an easy target to others in real life and also in the cyber space. 

↡ Advertisement

Best is not to keep too much cyber social network, or rely too much on it, just get your friends out for lunch or dinner and meet, networking is best done physically.

Leaving too much information online usually compromise your cyber security which will affect your real life if one is malicious.

$1m singtel shares and keep adding every month based on the monthly mortgage I would need to pay for a property loan of $1m.

Heehee so you thought through it a bit to redeem yourself eh?

But no.

If the property commitment is $2mil upfront, then for a fair comparison your stock investment should also be the same.

You can always take $1mil loan and $1mil cash and buy $2mil stocks and use dividend to reducing outstanding loan. Just as how you use rental to cover some mortgage.

But as i always say, both these asset classes are required, and its never one better than the other.

Voodooman also pointed out the diversification advantage.

Cheers

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 2

Having a million cash at the different stages of your life will not be the same.

For instance, during the early part of your life, it is more likely that one will take more risk in hope for better returns.

But as you grow older, the emphasis might be different as children and family starts to need more money.

That said, any economy would need investment and growth be it organically or economic. It is the same for a person or family.

Personally what I will do is to split it into 3 parts, the % ratio will differ individually.

1. Liquid assets or cash (for e.g gold or bonds) where you can easily convert into cash if there is any need for money.

2. In any investment which gives you a yield, be it in property or in blue chips where the purpose is giving you a stable passive income.

3. Lastly, I would put some in what I say as personal growth, it can be an MBA or a business or even a property or a risky investment like bitcoin/shares which you might not see any returns for the next few years but it has the "potential" of giving you something more than whatever you expect to have in the regular investments.

That said, any proper use of debt will help in growing your wealth but over dependent on it will result in mistakes or mismanagement of your finances will affect your mental and physical well-being.

Don't end up blindly chasing for financial pursues only to find out you missed out too much in life, a person does not need a million cash to enjoy their life, neither a million in debt to burden it.

This is my personal opinion. Of course everyone has to die, maybe you can also confirm buying some Kim zhua or housing to burn too. Given the uncertainty. Lol

Exhausted my likes, but I agree with what you said.

Having a million cash at the different stages of your life will not be the same.

For instance, during the early part of your life, it is more likely that one will take more risk in hope for better returns.

But as you grow older, the emphasis might be different as children and family starts to need more money.

That said, any economy would need investment and growth be it organically or economic. It is the same for a person or family.

Personally what I will do is to split it into 3 parts, the % ratio will differ individually.

1. Liquid assets or cash (for e.g gold or bonds) where you can easily convert into cash if there is any need for money.

2. In any investment which gives you a yield, be it in property or in blue chips where the purpose is giving you a stable passive income.

3. Lastly, I would put some in what I say as personal growth, it can be an MBA or a business or even a property or a risky investment like bitcoin/shares which you might not see any returns for the next few years but it has the "potential" of giving you something more than whatever you expect to have in the regular investments.

That said, any proper use of debt will help in growing your wealth but over dependent on it will result in mistakes or mismanagement of your finances will affect your mental and physical well-being.

Don't end up blindly chasing for financial pursues only to find out you missed out too much in life, a person does not need a million cash to enjoy their life, neither a million in debt to burden it.

This is my personal opinion. Of course everyone has to die, maybe you can also confirm buying some Kim zhua or housing to burn too. Given the uncertainty. Lol

Well said, remember to burn more for me

There are people who can survive on 2k a month. Do not assume that everyone live the type of life you live. 

You have a fabulous life with a monthly expenditure of $2k.
Your private bankers must be treating you to lunch and dinner everyday.
And inviting you to golf and lifestyle events.

No wonder you can survive on $2k a month

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

There are people who can survive on 2k a month. Do not assume that everyone live the type of life you live.

So sensitive....

There are people who survive on $200 as well and there are those who need $200k a month

Dont assume everyone live the type of life you live too.

My life ? .........is hand to mouth.......

Burn you a paper atm machine no need to burn anything else

Good idea!

Thank you

So sensitive....

There are people who survive on $200 as well and there are those who need $200k a month

Good idea!

Thank you

got atm machine but no atm card...

useful?

So sensitive....

Good idea!

Thank you

Ok. But please dun be sarcastic to low income people

Ok. But please dun be sarcastic to low income people

Thats your inferiority complex acting up.

Please ignore me, as i will be ignoring you from this post onwards.

• Praise 1

I cant agree with T2 more.

If you go to any bank, the number of privilege banking clients have exploded. In DBS or UOB, you often see many milking the place with free drinks, biscuits and newspaper. why not?

Some say, the next recession or depression would be different, because many learnt from the last and have now plenty of cash waiting for investment.

One way the lay person can judge if there are just too much cash floating around, deposit rates are pathetic. People are not buying much at retail but that does not mean they are short of cash but on the contrary, they are more prudent now and looking for value for money products.

There are a few here I can safely say got more than $2million in cash locked in fixed deposit. You want me to name them for you,......

Totally agree.

Heehee so you thought through it a bit to redeem yourself eh?

But no.

If the property commitment is $2mil upfront, then for a fair comparison your stock investment should also be the same.

You can always take $1mil loan and $1mil cash and buy $2mil stocks and use dividend to reducing outstanding loan. Just as how you use rental to cover some mortgage.

But as i always say, both these asset classes are required, and its never one better than the other.

Voodooman also pointed out the diversification advantage.

Cheers

Yap. Need to do that as a fair comparison but I was thinking not to leverage to buy shares.

Understand the borrowing costs are not cheap. Possible to get less than 2%?

If so then this probably suits me more. Liquidity is pretty high on my list.

Yap. Need to do that as a fair comparison but I was thinking not to leverage to buy shares.

Understand the borrowing costs are not cheap. Possible to get less than 2%?

If so then this probably suits me more. Liquidity is pretty high on my list.

Different people get different rates. Life isnt fair, we know.

But dumping all in one name isnt a prudent thing to do either.

Good luck bro

u see the enbloc going on? 1million? there are alot of sinkies with 1million cash... personally i know a handful.... im working towards that... still relatively young

So sensitive....

Good idea!

Thank you

hand to mouth? that’s smoking cigar lah