Singapore has more fun than you think - family day trip

carloverguy2017

For some quick and impromptu family bonding and outing within half a day, busy parents, have you considered bringing your kids to a pony ride ?

Beats going to the crowded hot zoo, the Gallop Stable is one great place to get to nature and animals.

The old premise at Ponggol has come to an end as their land lease had expired and with no possibility of renewal ( god knows why, government future development I believe ).

Gallop Stable is now re-opened at Pasir Ris.

Do check out this new ranch !

https://youtu.be/5c9N7A5d7XA

This video and post has no affiliation to Gallop Stable. This is just a plain sharing post for families with kids to enjoy.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Episode 2 to the Gallop Stable

Gallop Stable ( Episode 2 ) - Why ponies and horses keeping is tough in Singapore In this 2nd episode

I spoke with the horsekeeper on the tough task to keep ponies and horses in Singapore for leisure sports as rules and regulations are not inviting for such hobbies.

The public perception is also yet to be open minded about horse riding as a sport.

Not to mention the cost to maintain one huge animal and the amount of land space required to let them enjoy the gallops and freedom.

While it last, friends ! Enjoy !

https://youtu.be/TLhZRA-dNQI

you can go to the musuems when they have special events! its good time and fun for everyone! not to mention entry is mostly free less the selected few. 

good to introduce the young ones to the arts and culture!

Yes, Singapore is an amazing place to visit. My friend who belongs to Malaysia invited me last year on his marriage there. The entire trip was lovely. 

Turbocharged

i agree that there are plenty of places to go within Singapore. we just need to consider how to contain to weather and pricing for locals. too much focus on making money from tourists that orice out locals. 

• Praise 1

i agree that there are plenty of places to go within Singapore. we just need to consider how to contain to weather and pricing for locals. too much focus on making money from tourists that orice out locals. 

Still got where huh? Often during weekends we will only go out have lunch and go NTUC leh...

need some ideas and inspirations to go elsewhere - that is interesting and affordable...

• Praise 1

This sounds like JB.

Hypersonic

i bring my kids outdoors every weekend weather permitting.

With bike sharing, every park can be explored.

When they are older, i will bring them to the nature reserves trails. 

Still got where huh? Often during weekends we will only go out have lunch and go NTUC leh...

need some ideas and inspirations to go elsewhere - that is interesting and affordable...

Frankly, it's just whether you bother to go find things to do (that your kids also want to do  [laugh] )

if u want "interesting" activities in SG, u have to pay lor. All the operators also need to tan jiak right.

Bike free sunday is great also. But i haven't been to it for about a year already.

• Praise 2

i bring my kids outdoors every weekend weather permitting.

With bike sharing, every park can be explored.

When they are older, i will bring them to the nature reserves trails. 

Frankly, it's just whether you bother to go find things to do (that your kids also want to do  [laugh] )

if u want "interesting" activities in SG, u have to pay lor. All the operators also need to tan jiak right.

Bike free sunday is great also. But i haven't been to it for about a year already.

I've brought them to museums, plus some outdoor things like go punggol beach area walk, learn cycling. We're trying to find more outdoor activities to force them to go, rather than whole day stay at home play with phone...

But lately not much inspiration liao leh.

Hypersonic

I've brought them to museums, plus some outdoor things like go punggol beach area walk, learn cycling. We're trying to find more outdoor activities to force them to go, rather than whole day stay at home play with phone...

But lately not much inspiration liao leh.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/Corporate/Get-Involved/Go-Car-Lite/Car-Free-Sunday/CFS/About-CFS

Car Free Sunday?

There's Labrador, West Coast Park, Woodlands park, Pasir Ris Park, Bishan Park, Changi Coastal park, ECP, Southern ridges.

For walking there's BT reserve, there's several trails near the diary farm exit new one, Macritchie etc

I guess with older kids, it's harder to motivate them to go.

https://www.ura.gov.sg/Corporate/Get-Involved/Go-Car-Lite/Car-Free-Sunday/CFS/About-CFS

Car Free Sunday?

There's Labrador, West Coast Park, Woodlands park, Pasir Ris Park, Bishan Park, Changi Coastal park, ECP, Southern ridges.

For walking there's BT reserve, there's several trails near the diary farm exit new one, Macritchie etc

I guess with older kids, it's harder to motivate them to go.

wah lao... you're spot on! Now they will always try to ask can they dun go out with us? Rather cook maggie mee themselves, then straightaway go back room to play phone...

we've wanted to go treetop walk for a while liao, but i scared cannot tahan the long distance [sweatdrop]

let me discuss with wife on how to revisit these ideas...

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I like to hiking or walking in our nature reserve. But the main problem here is it is sooooo hot.

Comparing to do this in a country with spring or autumn season. This is so much nicer.

I like to hiking or walking in our nature reserve. But the main problem here is it is sooooo hot.

Comparing to do this in a country with spring or autumn season. This is so much nicer.

I don't know about you but all I know is almost every woman in the house is afraid of the sun.

I'm OK with sun and sweat as long as it is worth the trip.

Hence I usually end up dwelling in A/C places with the family.

If I am out alone I love going under the sun once in a while.

But then again, alone is not called family trips liao..

(edited)

fully agree with this point. like the pororo parks in MS ...

$30 bucks for a kid to play 2hr on weekend [hur] + $6 for accompanying adult ... no thanks!

Edited by Wt_know