Samsung Galaxy S9

Jman888

Hi, Anyone tried using S9+ with android Auto . I tried using Waze on android auto with my S9+ . the Apps GPS will not work when the phone is back on standby mode. no such problem when I'm using S7 Edge. 

↡ Advertisement

Got the S9 Plus for the kid recently. Made some videos comparing the video quality from the S9 Plus and my iPhone 8 Plus.

Guess which phone is better?

Night landing in Singapore. S9 is brighter.

Lufthansa A380 taxi-ing. Changi Airport.

The S9 Plus Zoom to Fill feature is very cool.

Unboxing the S9 Plus in Lilac.

Maybe I should get an S10.

Ip8+ vs s9+. No fight lah. Any aspect also Samsung is winner. Have to wait for this xs generation to see if can match the note 8

Looking to buy a S9 for my missus to replace the her Xiaomi phone. Any cons about this model? Saw mobile phone shops selling it for $700+. Seems cheap.

Its a polished android product. Won't go wrong one lah. U paying the premium for the best oled. screen in the business (other than ip x and above)

But probably I would stump up a bit more for s9+ (the 6gb vs 4gb ram) but a smaller and lighter phone may appeal to the wife.

Most women actually prefer bigger screen.

Edited by Tohto

She doesn’t want a big phone that’s why. Ok will buy her a S9.

But probably I would stump up a bit more for s9+ (the 6gb vs 4gb ram) but a smaller and lighter phone may appeal to the wife.

Most women actually prefer bigger scream.

Pun intended? Bigger scream haha

Ip8+ vs s9+. No fight lah. Any aspect also Samsung is winner. Have to wait for this xs generation to see if can match the note 8

Its a polished android product. Won't go wrong one lah. U paying the premium for the best oled. screen in the business (other than ip x and above)

Honestly. Camera comparison. iPhone Vs Samsung really no fight.

My photo pro friends are using Samsung and they swear by it. In our common group chat they shared pictures taken by them. It's amazing

It's the same for PC also.

U get the best CPU but limiting the RAM size u can't go too far.

Get the one with the biggest RAM and the phone can last u a long long time... Provided u don't spoil it or get backside itchy

Pun intended? Bigger scream haha

Honestly. Camera comparison. iPhone Vs Samsung really no fight.

My photo pro friends are using Samsung and they swear by it. In our common group chat they shared pictures taken by them. It's amazing

Talking about comparing Samsung flagships... What about the flagships from Oppo and Hwawei..

They come up really strong.

A bit tempted to replace my aged Note 5

Other than price.. user experience any better?

I've been on Samsung for years.. Tried other brands before that, like Motorola, LG and even Xiaomi but was pissed by the software, that was perhaps 10 years ago though.

A bit afraid to move out of comfort zone of familiarity..

yeah. in most cases whether it’s PC or Phone

more RAM is better than faster CPU

we dont run complex program that requires heavy cpu power

ram is critical for fast loading, swapping of apps and store more data on the fly

even for intensive graphics and videos we need GPU rather than CPU

cpu is only good for sophisticated calculations and data crunching ..

unless you want to play chess with Deep Blue

Yeah, 6gb ram makes the S9+ flies..... [thumbsup]

Edited by Wt_know

Talking about comparing Samsung flagships... What about the flagships from Oppo and Hwawei..

I've been on Samsung for years.. Tried other brands before that, like Motorola, LG and even Xiaomi but was pissed by the software, that was perhaps 10 years ago though.

Same same.

Just got the Note 9. I had used S2, S4 & S7 before that.

Was considering the Huawei P20 Pro before that, finally still get the Note 9.

Can check out a few photo I post on Note 9 thread

Edited by Tohto

OK I've spent the last few days reading and watching reviews on phones.

I admit I dunno much about oppo models cos they aren't so much in the West. But they are the sister company of oneplus. So can't be bad right. Lot of youngsters use them.

Oneplus 6 probably has the best stock android experience similar to google pixel 2. The camera for still shots is slightly inferior to mi 8.

Mi 8 is an all rounder. But some thermal throttling of their S845 chip. Miui is more imitation of apple but I think their poco launcher is coming out soon.

Huawei has kirin processors so not as good as snapdragon in the mi8, one plus 6 etc. But still should be good for daily use.

P20 and p20pro has the best camera hardware in the business. Unfortunate their software tilts towards overaggressive compensation in the normal day to day photos. But in low light they are king of the hill by a fair distance.

Depends on what u want. If u comfortable with Samsung then just get one lor. S9+ or note 9 all look good value compared to an iPhone. Haha.

From 600+ onwards, all the phones have their strengths and weaknesses. Samsung still is the most polished imo.

An android purist will look at one plus.

Xiaomi will appeal to those looking for value and like the near copy of the ip x. Also its flagship is slightly cheaper vis a vis everything taking into account.

Huawei will appeal to those who appreciate the cutting edge of their p20pro technology.

If looking at cheaper phones, the pocophone is probably going to dominate the 300-400+ range.

• Praise 4

OK I've spent the last few days reading and watching reviews on phones.

I admit I dunno much about oppo models cos they aren't so much in the West. But they are the sister company of oneplus. So can't be bad right. Lot of youngsters use them.

Oneplus 6 probably has the best stock android experience similar to google pixel 2. The camera for still shots is slightly inferior to mi 8.

Mi 8 is an all rounder. But some thermal throttling of their S845 chip. Miui is more imitation of apple but I think their poco launcher is coming out soon.

Huawei has kirin processors so not as good as snapdragon in the mi8, one plus 6 etc. But still should be good for daily use.

P20 and p20pro has the best camera hardware in the business. Unfortunate their software tilts towards overaggressive compensation in the normal day to day photos. But in low light they are king of the hill by a fair distance.

Depends on what u want. If u comfortable with Samsung then just get one lor. S9+ or note 9 all look good value compared to an iPhone. Haha.

From 600+ onwards, all the phones have their strengths and weaknesses. Samsung still is the most polished imo.

An android purist will look at one plus.

Xiaomi will appeal to those looking for value and like the near copy of the ip x. Also its flagship is slightly cheaper vis a vis everything taking into account.

Huawei will appeal to those who appreciate the cutting edge of their p20pro technology.

If looking at cheaper phones, the pocophone is probably going to dominate the 300-400+ range.

Thanks bro for sharing your research.

Yeah I'll prob still stick with Samsung.

Thanks bro for sharing your research.

Yeah I'll prob still stick with Samsung.

haha i use the s9+ myself.

just that i am getting my wife a new phone, so hunting around to try something else.

My BIL uses a huawei mate 10. I've gotten a xiaomi note 5 recently for my FIL. 

So just wondering whether to get a flagship phone for my wife. But my requirements is 6gb ram so that rules out the huawei p20 and S9.

↡ Advertisement