Singaporean Couple Pays 95k For Minimalistic Home Renovation

kdash

I don’t understand all the complaints. If any of you paying taxes we spent $410k on a bin centre.

it was 900k.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Minimalism is bare basic. So, they spent $$$ to expose the concealed wirings and pipes? :D

You got it wrong

Exposed wiring and pipes is not minimalism.

Thats Industrial look.

I don’t understand all the complaints. If any of you paying taxes we spent $410k on a bin centre.

And why are we still paying more taxes?

Minimalism is a theme of design and concept, not a description of bareness.

Zen ?

i also wanted to keep my house minimalist ... but then came my son ... and now its a mess.  :XD:  :XD:

Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

Oriental, Japanese and Buddhism themed?

nah ....i was just saying your comment "Minimalism is a theme of design and concept, not a description of bareness.was very zen styled !!

nah ....i was just saying your comment "Minimalism is a theme of design and concept, not a description of bareness." was very zen styled !!

Thanks. My style is very Zen actually.

My first house design was Zen based.

• Praise 1

The best minimalist design to me for HDB is stock condition and only do up essential reno like wardrobes,flooring,  kitchen cabinet, air-cons, and maybe a simple TV console.

HDB with expensive reno is challenging to sell....simply because the seller wants top dollar for his reno investment, but the buyer's mind is he is going to incur a lot of $$$ to teardown. So  you really need to wait for a buyer who appreciates the reno and willing to pay for the reno premium the seller is asking.

One of the hdb that I sold at record price few months back has only essential reno (flooring, full height wardrobe, aircon, kitchen cabinet, lightings). There are no fancy shelves, storage cabinets, platform bed, wall paper, cove lightings, etc, etc. The house is well maintain and neat.  Simple , neat, clean with just essential reno and it was sold at a record price. You really don't need fancy renovations.

• Praise 2

The best minimalist design to me for HDB is stock condition and only do up essential reno like wardrobes,flooring,  kitchen cabinet, air-cons, and maybe a simple TV console.

HDB with expensive reno is challenging to sell....simply because the seller wants top dollar for his reno investment, but the buyer's mind is he is going to incur a lot of $$$ to teardown. So  you really need to wait for a buyer who appreciates the reno and willing to pay for the reno premium the seller is asking.

One of the hdb that I sold at record price few months back has only essential reno (flooring, full height wardrobe, aircon, kitchen cabinet, lightings). There are no fancy shelves, storage cabinets, platform bed, wall paper, cove lightings, etc, etc. The house is well maintain and neat.  Simple , neat, clean with just essential reno and it was sold at a record price. You really don't need fancy renovations.

agreed. worst part is that the owners insist for the unit to be sold at a high price because of the reno cost. 

And in any case, everybody has their own individual tastes and preferences.

Design / colours / themes and the appreciation of it, are very subjective and to the interpretation of the buyer/home owner. 

It also varies to individual needs (e.g. aesthetic display / show, entertainment, networking, storage, disability etc.) 

Personally, I would rather buy a home in basic / stock condition and do it up to my own preference. Having a pre-renovated home that can fit my preferences is a bonus. In any case, it is always good to stick to a theme that is quite neutral and not too OTT or trendy. Trends and fashion will fade with time. Simplistic themes never go out of style. 

How come nobody talk about industrial design? With all that ugly piping in the hdb flats, I think industrial design should be nice.

Neutral Newbie

This sounds interesting. But the price is abit on the high side. Any idea how much is the usual quote? I got my previous renovation done by Swiss Interior and I think I managed to get a pretty good deal.

Link removed by mod. 

↡ Advertisement