Traffic Offence saying I did an abrupt lane change can I appeal?

Sunnydays-006

if TS is sure that he did not commit the offence, can try to fight in court, but chances are low as no hard evidence aka videos. 

if i were TS i would just suck it up and pay. the feeling of injustice sucks, but TS chances of winning in court is low, as i mentioned above. even another bro shared here on his clear cut case which still required 4 court hearings before acquittal. 

next thing i would recommend TS to do is to go get a car cam please... 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Actually I don't understand... If brought to court means the TP is putting the case against him already right?

How can TP turn up and say still investigating?

Still investigating then why charge him? AG sleeping as well?

given to many cases happen everyday, i believe most likely no time, so simple answer is still investigating. 

when suppliers ask for payment, we have 1001 reasons to give, most common one is signatories not in town   [laugh]  [laugh]

given to many cases happen everyday, i believe most likely no time, so simple answer is still investigating. 

when suppliers ask for payment, we have 1001 reasons to give, most common one is signatories not in town   [laugh]  [laugh]

No time is not the problem. If there's really no time to investigate then why charge him without the evidence?

For your company, such bad practices will be taken care by the market - suppliers will know your style and charge you extra next time  [laugh]  Or just avoid you altogether if they can.

But how can a common Singaporean hope to avoid the incompetence of the TP or police?

Edited by Kusje

Solely base on an individual words with no concrete evidence a person can be charged?

Is this our law?

I won't want to judge on TS driving style. Based on information provided by TS if he can be charged with no evidence than our law is very backward compare with other country.

One of this day someone might be charge because someone no happy with his drive/face etc. Don't tell me all civil servants work with integrity. There are good and bad out there. We have seen so many corruption/bribery cases happened. There aren't saint as well.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

Solely base on an individual words with no concrete evidence a person can be charged?

Is this our law?

Our law is that you don't even need to be charged with evidence before you can be detained for months/years.

Edited by Kusje

No time is not the problem. If there's really no time to investigate then why charge him without the evidence?

For your company, such bad practices will be taken care by the market - suppliers will know your style and charge you extra next time  [laugh]  Or just avoid you altogether if they can.

But how can a common Singaporean hope to avoid the incompetence of the TP or police?

walau the evident was the TP witness him running red light, whether the traffic is faulty was beyond them lah. They are not the people fixing the light mah.

Edited by Jman888

Our law is that you don't even need to be charged with evidence before you can be detained for months/years.

Than why CHC case need to spend so much money/effort to consolidate evidence? Shouldn't they be put away for good without trial?

walau the evident was the TP witness him running red light, whether the traffic is faulty was beyond them lah. They are not the people fixing the light mah.

Prior to them charging him, he already provided all the relevant evidence and email confirmation that the traffic light was faulty leh. How difficult is it for TP to also send a similar email asking the light fixers if it was indeed faulty?

And you mean they can't hold off on the charges until they complete the investigations? Die die must meet some internal KPI to either close the case or charge the person?

Then AGO didn't bother to review the evidence also? 

Hi. I would like to seek advice from fellow drivers here. I've recently received a traffic offence which says that I had changed lanes abruptly and therefore causing the car behind to brake to avoid collision. Thing is, I don't remember there's such an incident. I'm usually careful and signal/check before I change lane. There's no accident, damage nor harm. I'm now facing $150 fine and 6 demerits points. I've already appealed but it was unsuccessful. I called TP and apparently there was no video or photo to show the offence. Only a TP officer saw it. I'm feeling a bit wronged here as I sincerely don't recall such an event. The person on the phone says I can go to court and it will be the police officers word agst mine. I mean, I don't want to go to court, but if I'm to be charged, shouldn't there be some sort of hard evidence against me?

What else can I do? The TP says no point appealing again. Any advice?

Ts, I guess the only way out is to STOMP yr story or write to ST forum.

Wait for the authority to reply

Not all cops are good cop.

There are always black sheep in all industry

Let me make a correction here. If there is a third party witness other than TP words than TS should make the payment. Otherwise solely on TP words I would advise go to court.

Small amount a few KS compound fine. At least you wont be living with regret for rest of your life.

For me I would go all the way. Like in the past I fight all the way in my accident case. Write to tan kin lian/MP/lawyer etc..eventually got my justice back.

Ts, I guess the only way out is to STOMP yr story or write to ST forum.

Wait for the authority to reply

Not all cops are good cop.

There are always black sheep in all industry

TS got ZERO evidence but only words, how you want him to put it in social media? MCF probably can test already.

if TS is sure that he did not commit the offence, can try to fight in court, but chances are low as no hard evidence aka videos.

if i were TS i would just suck it up and pay. the feeling of injustice sucks, but TS chances of winning in court is low, as i mentioned above. even another bro shared here on his clear cut case which still required 4 court hearings before acquittal.

next thing i would recommend TS to do is to go get a car cam please...

Yes front and rear cam.

He might be really surprised to see how he drives especially with the rear cam.

TS shouldn't feel like a victim. Better than kenna accident and have to repair his car. Not to mention people getting injured.

:D

• Praise 1

Hmmmz....after reading all the replies and real case appeals...I have come to a conclusion for TS..

IMHO, best advice and bet.....just really have to LLST and pay the fine. [sleeping]  Cos you really don't have any evidence to prove your innocence..Im no judge nor lawyer but seriously I doubt u will win the case if u really decided to go court and fight...its just not in your favour.... [bigcry]

Edited by Blublak
  • Praise 1

TS' situation is really one of those LLST kinda scenario.

Like most here mentioned, just suck it up and pay the fine. A year will pass quickly and his full 24 points will be reinstated. Take this as a learning lesson to be more careful and considerate on the roads.

I doubt this minor issue will cause him much regret through the rest of his life. Better than going to court and spending money, time and effort, which may all go down the drain.

But maybe he should highlight his case to TP to air out his grievances and hope for an explanation from the authorities.

• Praise 1

TS' situation is really one of those LLST kinda scenario.

Like most here mentioned, just suck it up and pay the fine. A year will pass quickly and his full 24 points will be reinstated. Take this as a learning lesson to be more careful and considerate on the roads.

I doubt this minor issue will cause him much regret through the rest of his life. Better than going to court and spending money, time and effort, which may all go down the drain.

But maybe he should highlight his case to TP to air out his grievances and hope for an explanation from the authorities.

exactly....we share the same sentiment... :a-m1212:

Is this our law?

I won't want to judge on TS driving style. Based on information provided by TS if he can be charged with no evidence than our law is very backward compare with other country.

One of this day someone might be charge because someone no happy with his drive/face etc. Don't tell me all civil servants work with integrity. There are good and bad out there. We have seen so many corruption/bribery cases happened. There aren't saint as well.

i think is a lot people assume this is our law...

and not many people willing spend time and effort to write a wrong especially minor one

For TS, he is unsure if he did not commit an offence, which means he may have unknowingly committed an offence so i guess he half hearted to spend time to prove he did not commit, later tio egg in face

• Praise 1

Prior to them charging him, he already provided all the relevant evidence and email confirmation that the traffic light was faulty leh. How difficult is it for TP to also send a similar email asking the light fixers if it was indeed faulty?

And you mean they can't hold off on the charges until they complete the investigations? Die die must meet some internal KPI to either close the case or charge the person?

Then AGO didn't bother to review the evidence also? 

even if the light is faulty, does not necessarily mean he can beat red light ba. 2 different things

ts has to proof that he is innocent under our law system which is quite a sad thing.

likewise tp can stand at one corner to issue you a summon one week later by saying that you are speeding, and you have to proof that

you are not speeding at that point of time. do you think that is possible for you to show evident to proof your innocent? you maybe lucky

if your carcam has gps function to stamp your traveling detail.

↡ Advertisement