Traffic Offence saying I did an abrupt lane change can I appeal?

Sunnydays-006

even if the light is faulty, does not necessarily mean he can beat red light ba. 2 different things

If it is indeed so clear cut then why need to ask for the case to be adjourned 3 or 4 times under the guise of "further investigation"?

Just present the case that light is faulty doesn't mean he can beat red light and let the judge decide.

↡ Advertisement

walau the evident was the TP witness him running red light, whether the traffic is faulty was beyond them lah. They are not the people fixing the light mah.

Actually hor... 法律是死的,但人是活的

While the TP while should be upholding justice (traffic rules), they should also exercise discretion mah...

If they die die must fine those who go because traffic light is faulty, then the implication is that there is only one thing to do that is not infringing the rules -- stop there and wait till the traffic light gets repaired...

So if there's lots of traffic, on both sides of the 1-lane road, then all will be stuck long long, and the repair people also cannot reach the faulty traffic light leh... Then the situation will get worse and worse... maybe even road rage, violence and maybe got lives lost (exaggerate many many times, to show the point)...

Surely TP also dun wanna see this outcome right? 

TP also not easy to do  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

If it is indeed so clear cut then why need to ask for the case to be adjourned 3 or 4 times under the guise of "further investigation"?

Just present the case that light is faulty doesn't mean he can beat red light and let the judge decide.

you have to ask them.... but i am surprise the court did not tell them off....

ts has to proof that he is innocent under our law system which is quite a sad thing.

likewise tp can stand at one corner to issue you a summon one week later by saying that you are speeding, and you have to proof that

you are not speeding at that point of time. do you think that is possible for you to show evident to proof your innocent? you maybe lucky

if your carcam has gps function to stamp your traveling detail.

This actually happened to me.

On HSHW all SG cars got stopped.

I was doing 110 but still have to donate.

:D

This was before car cam n gps

the question is.. you not happy pay the $150 or you really feel wronged?

my own experience is this, i try do a short summary

my wife bought 2nd hand car,  caught by TP for exhaust pipe while driving.. subsequently failed inspection 

i was not happy, because the previous owner had a cert that pass the exhaust just 2-3 months ago. LTA officer gave many reasons and refused to budge on the matter, only reducing the fine. But i was looking for the whole offence to be written off and not just waived the fine. After many calls and time spent they revealed say inspection pictures does not match exhaust pipe so means modified but still not willing to cancel the offence.

i continue to spend time to dig the truth, even taking leave to go LTA with my OC and after almost 3 months of rubbish, i managed to find out that the original inspection photos they have is really my exhaust because the serial number is unclear on their photos.

With that, i wrote to them again and they waive the fine say out of goodwill blah blah blah, i just put on record that this should not be considered an offence.

you willing to go to such lengths for $150?

Some nimcompoops will say the money not worth it.... but i tell you this, if next time you have other offences, this past offences may be taken into consideration....

You are good!

Nowadays LL lor..... :lll._.:

With almost 90% of cars install with CAM, distrustful drivers would just submit one part of edited video and you ended with a summon. :ouch-it-hurts:

This "dishonest" drivers will never paint a real picture of the incident and only the part where to his advantage resulting you receiving a 'love' letter from TP ...... :a-bang:  

[bigcry]    [bigcry]    [bigcry]

Actually I agree with TS in the sense that even if TP can't (or is not willing to) furnish video or other evidence, the minimum should be to at least state the location and time of the alleged offence.

Otherwise, how to convince people? What happen if it's a case of mistaken identity where vehicle no. is close but mistaken, etc.?

I think all TP letter will share time and location.

Some even put lamppost number for speeding offence.

Hi. I would like to seek advice from fellow drivers here. I've recently received a traffic offence which says that I had changed lanes abruptly and therefore causing the car behind to brake to avoid collision. Thing is, I don't remember there's such an incident. I'm usually careful and signal/check before I change lane. There's no accident, damage nor harm. I'm now facing $150 fine and 6 demerits points. I've already appealed but it was unsuccessful. I called TP and apparently there was no video or photo to show the offence. Only a TP officer saw it. I'm feeling a bit wronged here as I sincerely don't recall such an event. The person on the phone says I can go to court and it will be the police officers word agst mine. I mean, I don't want to go to court, but if I'm to be charged, shouldn't there be some sort of hard evidence against me?

What else can I do? The TP says no point appealing again. Any advice?

TS, do you think you can share your TP letter, just blank out the personal details and car registration number?

A few of us did that before when we received the letter and post here to seek advice.

• Praise 1

that is the most scary part. no awareness to the surrounding. i am not saying the  thread starter did but i think there are drivers who f up others and did not even realized it 

you are not aware does not mean it didn't happen, however, it could also be the car behind over react and jam brake for nothing. 

<snip>

• Praise 1

If you are using googlemap, it may be worth a try to retrieve your history.

Googlemap does have a track system which logs your where about.

It may be helpful in the case of mistaken identity

https://www.google.com/maps/timeline?pb

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/22/technology/google-maps-timeline/index.html

Good the luck

Thks for the link.

I didnt know such thing exist (using google map).

Supercharged

I think there’s a fallacy that as long as we have signaled our intent to switch lane, we have the right of way and others should give way. What we may have failed to realize is that there may be other vehicles in our blind spots or there may not be sufficient time for other motorists to react safely.

There was once I was flagged down by a traffic police officer right after I switched lane even though I had signaled. While he acknowledged that I had signaled in advance, he explained that there was not enough time for him to react in a safe manner and he had to apply brake, so I should have been more careful in checking the traffic behind me, especially that in my blind spot, before actually making the lane change. However, he was kind enough to let me off with just a verbal warning without even taking down my particulars. It was a lesson that has served me very well.

• Praise 7

I think there’s a fallacy that as long as we have signaled our intent to switch lane, we have the right of way and others should give way. What we may have failed to realize is that there may be other vehicles in our blind spots or there may not be sufficient time for other motorists to react safely.

There was once I was flagged down by a traffic police officer right after I switched lane even though I had signaled. While he acknowledged that I had signaled in advance, he explained that there was not enough time for him to react in a safe manner and he had to apply brake, so I should have been more careful in checking the traffic behind me, especially that in my blind spot, before actually making the lane change. However, he was kind enough to let me off with just a verbal warning without even taking down my particulars. It was a lesson that has served me very well.

Yes that is the reason why I tell ts to relook at his driving style when lane change. As TP do not anyhow suka send letter to drivers leh. Must be really Committed an offence then will sent leh. If ts didn't realized that he had changed lane abruptly.. There are a few people replied including me that there is a possibility that the driver may not realized that his habit of lane changing is quite dangerous. To him it's okay like that but to other road users.. Quite dangerous.. Like for your case, kanna from TP but he give u chance and educate you. Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

always signal first and check the cars behind if they have intention to give way or they are far away enough for you to do a quick switch. most importantly after that don't slow down for no reason.

• Praise 2

I think some of you have missed the point of TS. Its not the interpretation of anyone lah. TPs are also human. An ok incident yeaterday might not be today cos last night no piak piak and early morning kenna grilled by boss..... I exaggerate, but you get the point

Ok, back to topic. Today an incident made me recall this thread. Driving today on left lane, spotted bus in front at bus bay. Immediately checked, signalled and moved to right lane (all under 1 sec) which was clear. Although lane was clear, could my actions be considered abrupt?

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

I think some of you have missed the point of TS. Its not the interpretation of anyone lah. TPs are also human. An ok incident yeaterday might not be today cos last n8ght no piak piak and early morning kenna grilled by boss..... I exaggerate, but you get the poiny

Ok, back to topic. Today an incident made me recall this thread. Driving today on left lane, spotted bus in front at bus bay. Immediately checked, signalled and moved to right lane (all under 1 sec) which was clear. Although lane was clear, could my actions be considered abrupt?

If someone deem so than you are in the wrong. Your word against someone word. Don't need evidence.

I just experienced an abrupt changing of Lane on aye. On my way home. My word against that lorry driver word. Is this how the law work? Oic I am not TP or some civil servants. My words cannot be accepted in Courthe. Is this how the law work?

Let not debate on TS driving style. Let ponder on whether we can accept that the law work in favour of civil servants. They are over the law as their words can stand as evidence in court. Don't need evidence.

Edited by Kopites
  • Dislike 2

Hi. I would like to seek advice from fellow drivers here. I've recently received a traffic offence which says that I had changed lanes abruptly and therefore causing the car behind to brake to avoid collision. Thing is, I don't remember there's such an incident. I'm usually careful and signal/check before I change lane. There's no accident, damage nor harm. I'm now facing $150 fine and 6 demerits points. I've already appealed but it was unsuccessful. I called TP and apparently there was no video or photo to show the offence. Only a TP officer saw it. I'm feeling a bit wronged here as I sincerely don't recall such an event. The person on the phone says I can go to court and it will be the police officers word agst mine. I mean, I don't want to go to court, but if I'm to be charged, shouldn't there be some sort of hard evidence against me?

What else can I do? The TP says no point appealing again. Any advice?

Hi Bro,

Don't waste your time appealing.

I'm better than you.

I have the same situation like your BUT mine was with a TP behind me. He was 2 cars away from me and I filter to the right of the road with my signal on.

This B100dy TP accelerate to stay beside me.

He turn on his pi-por light asking to move to the side.

When i got off my car, i asked what ive done wrong.

He told me I caused him to brake abruptly.

I told him, my signal is out and the car is half on the next lane.

He accelerate to keep up closed to me, is it my fault?

Still he took down my particular and 2 weeks later, summon come.

Appeal with video to TP, failed.

Ending 'LL pay up with demerit points deducted.

So Bro, don't waste time appealing.

Liao si gan.

• Praise 4