Treasure life...

kdash

just attended a funeral wake of a senior who passed away in his mid 40s due to asthma... he can be considered to be a mentor to me and some of my friends when we were starting to play in music bands... sort of lost contact in the past few years and then suddenly heard the news... could tell that his wife was trying to keep it together... it seems so sudden and unexpected...

not really considered a personal loss, but a sobering reminder to me nonetheless to treasure our life and the time that we have with our family and loved ones... peace...

(PS to mods: please feel free to tag on to any relevant existing threads if any. thanks.)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 19

just attended a funeral wake of a senior who passed away in his mid 40s due to asthma... he can be considered to be a mentor to me and some of my friends when we were starting to play in music bands... sort of lost contact in the past few years and then suddenly heard the news... could tell that his wife was trying to keep it together... it seems so sudden and unexpected...

not really considered a personal loss, but a sobering reminder to me nonetheless to treasure our life and the time that we have with our family and loved ones... peace...

(PS to mods: please feel free to tag on to any relevant existing threads if any. thanks.)

My condolences to him.

Actually about treasuring life,we humans have a flaw- not realising that we are blessed with life, until we lose it.Same goes to many good things in life like family time,as you have pointed out.

Being in a car forum,how do we treasure time with family and love ones and our lives?

1.drive safely, don't take unnecessary risks.

2.drive safely,keep your cool.

3.drive safely,don't drive recklessly

Then as we have our lives,we can then spend it with family,thus treasuring family time alongside with life.

My 2 cents view,sorry if I offended anyone here by saying anything inappropriate.

• Praise 14

What will come, will come. Everyone had their end one day.

One of my army friends passed away years ago due to a work incident. Just got married, got a new house and car. Then gone just like that.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singaporean-man-who-drowned-off-batam-should-not-have-been-on-barge

Our whole contigent went down to his funeral. All of us never met for so long suddenly got together again after the army days, just because one of our camp mates just passed away. It's a rather sad re-gathering for us, first time after we all ORDed. And this gathering hardly brought smiles but more tears. Even the 2IC cried.

But the heartening thing is after this, Some of us have more regular gatherings every year. Probably we see the importance of the friendship between us born out of our camp days despite all from different backgrounds.

On a side note, during camp days, this very same guy met with an accident with his bike. Skidded on the wet roads just outside camp and landed in hospital for weeks with multiple stitches. Everyone thinks he was very lucky to be alive and told him to stop riding motorcycle. He did. But no one can expect he met with this above-mentioned work mishap years later.

So this is life, I suppose.

What will come, will come.

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 8

That is why I try to piak piak everyday :D

Wait Kena AIDS or cancer then you will treasure life and stop doing such sinful thing that ruins your life.

Maybe he do the DIY method  [laugh] FOC 

.......... but on a strange but serious note........ we find it very strange that some leave the world like when fully fit and economically active at like below 50 or thereabouts (most unfortunate is Cancer usually... i know at least 4 people in my life whom never lived beyond 40-50 of this scourge )  and of course other follow ups are heart attacks and even worse off are the stroke victims whom sometimes feel they are a burden to the family and then

There are those that live beyond 90++ and do they live a glorious or even gracious life???; sometimes even seeing off their children first (especially in the old gen days when they had kids at like 16 to 18) ; 

Sometimes you see obituaries in papers with so and so lived to like 95 and then you see the eldest son/DIL with the word Late so and so....            

Wait Kena AIDS or cancer then you will treasure life and stop doing such sinful thing that ruins your life.

• Praise 3

RIP!

Yes, life’s short. Make the most of it. After going thru what I have, I live my life with gratitude. Take time to smell the roses and above all, treasure family and friends.

I too have lost a few pals last year to cardiac arrest/cancer etc...

Peace and live well

Maybe he do the DIY method [laugh] FOC

.......... but on a strange but serious note........ we find it very strange that some leave the world like when fully fit and economically active at like below 50 or thereabouts (most unfortunate is Cancer usually... i know at least 4 people in my life whom never lived beyond 40-50 of this scourge ) and of course other follow ups are heart attacks and even worse off are the stroke victims whom sometimes feel they are a burden to the family and then

There are those that live beyond 90++ and do they live a glorious or even gracious life???; sometimes even seeing off their children first (especially in the old gen days when they had kids at like 16 to 18) ;

Sometimes you see obituaries in papers with so and so lived to like 95 and then you see the eldest son/DIL with the word Late so and so....

In your case and @jman888 after piaking, if late, you better worry haaaa

Peace bro and you too are a good example of a jovial character here. Happy go lucky and carefree.

We shd catch up sometime

Take care

• Praise 9

Unker @Radx..... I started already.... started where i first started from ..... my Preambree Skool teachers ; most whom are now in mid 70's &  2 gone, 1 wheel chair bound , another in a hospice care with dementia ; They were like a "motley crew"  came to teach me when they had just graduated from the so called TTC Teachers Training College ( back then)

Yeap you are the undisputed "Terminal" winner in seeing everyone go ......someone's got to do that job too and see to it      

RIP!

Yes, life’s short. Make the most of it. After going thru what I have, I live my life with gratitude. Take time to smell the roses and above all, treasure family and friends.

I too have lost a few pals last year to cardiac arrest/cancer etc...

Peace and live well
In your case and @jman888 after piaking, if late, you better worry haaaa

Peace bro and you too are a good example of a jovial character here. Happy go lucky and carefree.

We shd catch up sometime

Take care

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 5

cryptic as it may sound... its actually good for any person to suddenly pass away ...  

so no suffering on that person's part... its the close one's of the said person that suffer badly from the sudden loss...  

personally seen old relatives suffering from

chemo... 
paralysis... 

some were actually resuscitated ...  see liao.. really heart pain... 

潇洒的走。。may be the best... 

• Praise 11

like mustank said, only have one partner how to get aids, i dun think got any cancer come from piak piak but reduce the risk instead.

There are many benefits of piak piak, relieve stress, lower risk of heart problem, boost immune system, reduce pain, easy to go to sleep, burn calories, improve marriage relationship, look younger and live longer, etc.  :D  :D

• Praise 3

aiya such thought is usually short shelf life one, after a few days all are forgotten and life back to whatever it was again. 

And such topics hor, dont fight fight with @Radx, he is the unofficial official  for such topics, do a search on his threads and can find a few liao.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 3

cryptic as it may sound... its actually good for any person to suddenly pass away ...  

so no suffering on that person's part... its the close one's of the said person that suffer badly from the sudden loss...  

personally seen old relatives suffering from

chemo... 

paralysis... 

some were actually resuscitated ...  see liao.. really heart pain... 

潇洒的走。。may be the best... 

[laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

if you feel sad mean you have not live your life with no regret.