Cost of New Car in Singapore

Aaronlkl

(edited)

Got take account into the VES penalty?

Yes. In $ingapore, buaya everywhere.. I really feel sorry for our fellow sinkies including myself, go anywhere also kena makan!

post-25667-0-53494800-1520584763_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Yes. In $ingapore, buaya everywhere.. I really feel sorry for our fellow sinkies including myself, go anywhere also kena makan!

Go to Msia & buy BMW 330e.

Hire a "maid" to drive you around.

for face value, the cheapest 218 minivan with 1.5 3 cylinder will get you pass the security guard if you are a housing agent.

A Nissan QQ will be stop at the barrier.

PML sell cars to a different profile of buyers. And hence even the Merc start to segregate the buyers of rear wheel drive from the front wheel drive buyers.

The real question is, what is stopping PML from having a large margin ? 

Not why they need to drop prices because COE has drop.

Got money, then buy. 

If you counting money, probably the PI can offer some form of assistance.

And hence, some of the AD would prefer to register the car and flog it at their used car division than to go lelong.

Well yes you are right really, there is nothing stopping PML from having fat margins, as long as there are enough willing buyers who are not perturbed by this practice.

(edited)

Actually, the usual suspect for event cars seems like a good offer.

Cars like Volvo for the OCBC cycle event and the Jaguar 2.0 Free Upgrade for the F Pace seems quite attractive.

But not many will zoom in on the deal.

Lets take the other spectrum.

The Golf GTi 163K and new Golf R sales at 191K  in Dec.

It was practically gone in 60 secs kind of sales with the Golf R sold out after the SE went on a cold call.

So, there are pocket of cars doing very brisk sales for too good to refuse deal. ( note that I mention too good to refuse. Not too good to believe ).

Just that if you want the usual suspect of cars, it will be a tad harder to come by.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Actually, the usual suspect for event cars seems like a good offer.

Cars like Volvo for the OCBC cycle event and the Jaguar 2.0 Free Upgrade for the F Pace seems quite attractive.

But not many will zoom in on the deal.

Lets take the other spectrum.

The Golf GTi 163K and new Golf R sales at 191K  in Dec.

It was practically gone in 60 secs kind of sales with the Golf R sold out after the SE went on a cold call.

So, there are pocket of cars doing very brisk sales for too good to refuse deal. ( note that I mention too good to refuse. Not too good to believe ).

Just that if you want the usual suspect of cars, it will be a tad harder to come by.

U got the MK7 GTI?

• Praise 3

Mitsubishi space star profit margin lowest for AD

Is this car MIJ? It’s OMV is low n yes its does seem good value for money esp since it has 6 airbags as standard. Now Attrage also has its full complement of airbags unlike Jazz, HRV and Civic lower end models.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

COE fell across the board. Let see if car prices are adjusted downwards :a-no:

saw few PI already adjusted pricing for cars like shuttle, fit downwards by $2k

Supercharged

Share with u a real life example.

My buddy was quoted $170k-ish for a B** 318* when the COE is at $70k-ish,

I was surprised the same exact model was selling at $170k-ish when I visited the Motorshow 2018 in January. Coe was at $40k-ish back then.

Best part is the SE can claim its motorshow discounted price.

COE $70k+, Sell $170k++

COE $40k+, also sell $170k+

Uniquely Singapore :D

u should look at depreciation on the selling price ... i face the same problem too when i thought of changing car.

over the years,.. the tax for lux car went up.. that explain why the price didnt come down although coe down

secondly look at the omv or afr... maybe it is much higher now with more features and accessories. 

coe 70+k .. omv for e200 was 42k

now coe 30+k, omv for e200 was 52k.. 

so look at depreciation

• Praise 2

u should look at depreciation on the selling price ... i face the same problem too when i thought of changing car.

over the years,.. the tax for lux car went up.. that explain why the price didnt come down although coe down

secondly look at the omv or afr... maybe it is much higher now with more features and accessories. 

so look at depreciation

The 10k increase in OMV has resulted in total of more than 28K increase in ARF, letting alone the additional  excise tax and GST due to the higher OMV.  Pricing of some  other less expensive models like Mazda 6 , Forester or X-trail will likely be more susceptible to COE fluctuation. 

Edited by Ct3833

so look at depreciation

Yes I agree with what u quote. Look at my #24.

I said COE down but new car depreciation up.

Look at the PDF file I've attached in my 1st post,

U wil know what I meant.

Supercharged

Yes I agree with what u quote. Look at my #24.

I said COE down but new car depreciation up.

Look at the PDF file I've attached in my 1st post,

U wil know what I meant.

cheers.... yet to reach reading the #24 haha... 

• Praise 1

(edited)

The 10k increase in OMV has resulted in total of more than 28K increase in ARF, letting alone the additional  excise tax and GST due to the higher OMV.  Pricing of some  other less expensive models like Mazda 6 , Forester or X-trail will likely be more susceptible to COE fluctuation. 

Why not u refer to the 'Cost of New Car' PDF file from LTA i've attached in my 1st post of this thread. Analysis the doc 1st, then talk. :D

Edited by Aaronlkl

(edited)

saw few PI already adjusted pricing for cars like shuttle, fit downwards by $2k

We should consider renewing COE of our current ride or buy from PI if AD price remains uncompetitive.

Btw, tiagong we have a department in Singapore called CASE or something....

How come no action no sound?

Or maybe they see this situation is a fair act???

Mmmmm... <_<

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 1

Over the past 20++ years....

I am still searching for a honest PI to set up shop to help car buyers to bring in their desired car models.

All funds fully paid by car buyers thru their own loans and ways.

The PI will only earn perhaps $5000 for the paperworks and coordination effort.

Buyers will self bid for their own COE, and register the car.

The side effect is the warranty will be non-existent. But that is not an issue with many Japanese cars and some Conti cars, since some workshops are able to diagnose the codes and maintenance.

Because doing this way, the car buyers can save easily $50,000 per mid-range cars.

I have yet to find such honest PI.

(edited)

Over the past 20++ years....

I am still searching for a honest PI to set up shop to help car buyers to bring in their desired car models.

All funds fully paid by car buyers thru their own loans and ways.

The PI will only earn perhaps $5000 for the paperworks and coordination effort.

Buyers will self bid for their own COE, and register the car.

The side effect is the warranty will be non-existent. But that is not an issue with many Japanese cars and some Conti cars, since some workshops are able to diagnose the codes and maintenance.

Because doing this way, the car buyers can save easily $50,000 per mid-range cars.

I have yet to find such honest PI.

Every business needs to make profit but must be fair and realistic. The differences in COE price should go to the consumer and NOT become ADs profit margin! period

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3