Citroen Cars

SGCMVassago

I have deep impression on this citroen, last time always wonder why this car so magical de, the car can raised by itself? Lol. Anyway, always heard citroen cars quality no good, dont know how true? But i have a friend bought two citroen cars, and have another friend, his father is a citroen loyal fan, every car changed is a citroen?!

Had a XM 2.0 for 3 years, wonderful car and have made several trips from KL to Singapore in 2008/2009 period.

And before that, I have owned several ZXs , which I would regard as some of the best cars that I've driven. The Malaysian citroen club and fans have gradually slowed down after 2010 and with the new era of DS cars, many sold and moved onto newer and other brands.

As for me, I opted for Peugeot 308 as work and family demanded newer cars.

post-238746-0-49438200-1536849359.jpg

post-238746-0-46181800-1536849367.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 10

To say French car are lousy is not being fair to them when the electronics they are using are mostly the same as the germans and they dominate in the light commercial vehicle segment which show that they do make reliable vehicles.

Toyota collaborated with PSA groupe to produce Toyota Agyo, Proace.

Renault and Nissan are essentially the same company with parts and platform shared. Mercedes small diesel engine are source from Renault and the Mercedes X-class derive from Nissan Ravara

http://www.msn.com/en-sg/cars/news/2018%e2%80%99s-most-and-least-reliable-cars-in-each-sector/ss-BBMWixJ?ocid=ientp#image=21

I was reading this article about the most and least reliable cars (probably UK survey) and wondered why is Nissan appearing at the bottom. Now you have explained it - It's semi-French!

With warranty of course nobody will come out and comprain. It's the out of warranty that the wallet hurts that the ppl comprains the most. All about $$.

Actually even with warranty, it’s the time lost when cars go to workshop that frustrates car owners as cars are meant to serve us n not the other way round where we need to send our cars for repairs regularly so whilst $ is indeed important, so is time n inconvenience for that matter.

• Praise 3

How come always heard so much that Citroen cars so bad and yet there are still people buy lo. Lol.

French cars esp Citroens n Peugeots are aesthetically beautiful n pleasing to the eye n as looks do count, this attracts buyers even though their reputation for reliability is questionable so there will always be buyers in my opinion.

• Praise 3

Had a XM 2.0 for 3 years, wonderful car and have made several trips from KL to Singapore in 2008/2009 period.

And before that, I have owned several ZXs , which I would regard as some of the best cars that I've driven. The Malaysian citroen club and fans have gradually slowed down after 2010 and with the new era of DS cars, many sold and moved onto newer and other brands.

You are a royal fan of Citroen cars.  [thumbsup]

French cars esp Citroens n Peugeots are aesthetically beautiful n pleasing to the eye n as looks do count, this attracts buyers even though their reputation for reliability is questionable so there will always be buyers in my opinion.

The thing about the French and Italians is --> Maybe 70-80% of car ownership will be relatively problem free. But for the 20%, it can get very very bad ...... The stories I hear, are true and really no end to it ...... 

2 friends owned Renault some time back ..... swore never to touch it again. I rented a 5 month old Renault Megane II Cab from Wearnes for my wedding day. It broke down before reaching my wife's house  [crazy]  [dead]

• Praise 1

The thing about the French and Italians is --> Maybe 70-80% of car ownership will be relatively problem free. But for the 20%, it can get very very bad ...... The stories I hear, are true and really no end to it ......

2 friends owned Renault some time back ..... swore never to touch it again. I rented a 5 month old Renault Megane II Cab from Wearnes for my wedding day. It broke down before reaching my wife's house [crazy][dead]

Wah that’s a very bad experience to have a car breakdown on your wedding day

• Praise 3

2 friends owned Renault some time back ..... swore never to touch it again. I rented a 5 month old Renault Megane II Cab from Wearnes for my wedding day. It broke down before reaching my wife's house  [crazy]  [dead]

Win liao, 5 month old car can also breakdown?! So what was the problem ah?

• Praise 1

It's down right shitty !! My "brothers" have to transfer the floral arrangement to one of their cars. Then Wearnes came with a gold colour S60 to replace  [:/]

They did refund me more than half the rental costs as compensation though. 

Luckily they did not replace another Renault to you? Lol. 

It's down right shitty !! My "brothers" have to transfer the floral arrangement to one of their cars. Then Wearnes came with a gold colour S60 to replace [:/]

some belt broke. I stopped at her carpark, smoke immediately fizzed out !!

Maybe I itchy mouth, when collecting the car I asked them " What if car break down ah ??" [lipsrsealed]

Well that is the piece of crap engineering you get from the French.

Like I said before only Michelin good so far. Every else automotive is lousy.

It's down right shitty !! My "brothers" have to transfer the floral arrangement to one of their cars. Then Wearnes came with a gold colour S60 to replace [:/]

some belt broke. I stopped at her carpark, smoke immediately fizzed out !!

Maybe I itchy mouth, when collecting the car I asked them " What if car break down ah ??" [lipsrsealed]

You asked the right question lol

Luckily they did not replace another Renault to you? Lol.

Maybe replace with bentley hehe

How come always heard so much that Citroen cars so bad and yet there are still people buy lo. Lol.

Look chio mah

Just like chiobu, higher maintenance required

I absolutely love the XM. My very first experience with Citroen was when I was 7 years old in the very early 90's. My uncle worked at the Citroen agent back then. He managed to borrow a XM V6 exclusive to bring my siblings and I out one day. Even as a 7 year old I could tell it was a very special car. In fact it was the same maroon colour as yours.

Would love to be able to drive an XM today but alas most are gone and I am currently living in a country where they have not sold any french cars for the past 30 years.

• Praise 2

Well that is the piece of crap engineering you get from the French.

Like I said before only Michelin good so far. Every else automotive is lousy.

I had an old VW van. It's generally quite reliable.

Except one part seemed to have a big problem and that's the master brake pump (made in Italy).

I change it not once, but two times it break down. When I had my old kimchi car, nothing of this sort happens.

I would narrow it down to the crappy parts maker in europe.

They supply the same parts to many european cars and the quality appears to be pissed poor.

• Praise 1

Sharing some pics taken from the club gathering in 2008, comprised of XM, XM Exclusive, Berlingo, CX Athena, Prestige, 2CV, BX and few others. The XM was also used as my wedding car. All these cars except mine (Mandarin Red) are still with their respective owners today.

While the XM was a good car, we lacked seriously good mechanics apart from maybe 1 or 2 guys. 1 has since retired. Parts were unreasonably priced esp for the older models as everyone in the chain wanted to make some money resulting in high end prices for the customer. In fact the XM was my primary car, for 3 years commuting daily between work and home and occasionally outstation. It has failed only once on the road due to a weak alternator. Most of the XM parts were sourced from a dealer in Singapore.

There was one memorable occasion, where me and my wife were caught in between some gangs rivalries, after a late night movie one day, we were trying to make our escape when we noticed one of the younger member was walking charging us (for whatever unknown reason). Now, the best part is XM's are not made for emergencies, we had to get into the car and wait a good 15-20 secs with the rear rising and slowly followed by the front before the car was ready to move. Mine was a Series-1 which did not have the anti-sink feature then.

post-238746-0-05847800-1536946263.png

post-238746-0-86183200-1536946274.png

post-238746-0-85907700-1536946285.png

post-238746-0-21714400-1536946295.png

post-238746-0-79341900-1536946305.png

post-238746-0-70623700-1536946316.png

• Praise 5

Sharing some pics taken from the club gathering in 2008, comprised of XM, XM Exclusive, Berlingo, CX Athena, Prestige, 2CV, BX and few others. The XM was also used as my wedding car. All these cars except mine (Mandarin Red) are still with their respective owners today.

While the XM was a good car, we lacked seriously good mechanics apart from maybe 1 or 2 guys. 1 has since retired. Parts were unreasonably priced esp for the older models as everyone in the chain wanted to make some money resulting in high end prices for the customer. In fact the XM was my primary car, for 3 years commuting daily between work and home and occasionally outstation. It has failed only once on the road due to a weak alternator. Most of the XM parts were sourced from a dealer in Singapore.

There was one memorable occasion, where me and my wife were caught in between some gangs rivalries, after a late night movie one day, we were trying to make our escape when we noticed one of the younger member was walking charging us (for whatever unknown reason). Now, the best part is XM's are not made for emergencies, we had to get into the car and wait a good 15-20 secs with the rear rising and slowly followed by the front before the car was ready to move. Mine was a Series-1 which did not have the anti-sink feature then.

Would you happen to know how many XM's and CX's are still on the road in Malaysia?

Renault  [laugh] Even their F1 engine keeps breaking down

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2