How are your reservist training like?

Wind30

(edited)

Once, the S4 moved a few of us from our bunk to a new building.

They converted one of the office into a bunk but they forgot to remove the aircon. So we slept in an air conditioned bunk for quite a while !

Edited by Davidtkl
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

you mean the old butt party that had to carry those targets like fig 7,8 and 11? Thats the worst detail for anyone....but was changed to those computerised target back in 87. How i know? My 21st birthday was celebrated in P. Tekong for our ROD shoot and we were the last company before they changed to the computer controlled motorised targets. Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo were the 1st to use the new system and they were bitching about it......ððð

Oh...Heard of it.

But luckily my BMT time at Tekong was motorised targets.

But still have butt party, I never kena butt party before so dunno what they do, think they only retrieve the figures?

NS and reservist is a waste of time and money.

Judging from the people I know, our chance against a competent enemy force is zero unless we are comparing who can wayang the best.

I learned from the best tho. When the enemy takes over, I am prepared to study hard and work as a translator for them.

That's plan B of course. Plan A is to get the hell out of Dodge.

The translator story sounded quite familiar.

Like dunno heard or see from somewhere.

The chances of enemy reaching our shores meant the RSAF and NAVY has lost.

Which would meant very potent Airforce and probably the enemy have huge NAVY battlegroup to bring down our forces.

Twincharged

NS and reservist is a waste of time and money.

Judging from the people I know, our chance against a competent enemy force is zero unless we are comparing who can wayang the best.

I learned from the best tho. When the enemy takes over, I am prepared to study hard and work as a translator for them.

That's plan B of course. Plan A is to get the hell out of Dodge.

all the qualities and making of a post-war President !!

Oh...Heard of it.

But luckily my BMT time at Tekong was motorised targets.

But still have butt party, I never kena butt party before so dunno what they do, think they only retrieve the figures?

those time butt party is in charge of the targets, their replacements and must importantly the figures which are to be raised in the same sequence. Can be fun as its all manual work.....they even gave us hammers and nails as sometimes the stalk can be torn to bits and needs to be changed. The biggest target is the 3 or 5 fig 11. Forgotten what was the figure number. Very big target and need the chain and pulley system to haul it up.

Think the current butt part are on standby to replaced any targets that are no more usable. Too many holes in a target will make the bullets just go through and wont be accurate. I like the computer system as the target will fall when hit....can aim off to make sure its on target. The older manual targets wont fall....so we just listen to the instructors and assume we hit the target. My helmet's inner liner was like a chequered box.....maciam playing checkers.....

those time butt party is in charge of the targets, their replacements and must importantly the figures which are to be raised in the same sequence. Can be fun as its all manual work.....they even gave us hammers and nails as sometimes the stalk can be torn to bits and needs to be changed. The biggest target is the 3 or 5 fig 11. Forgotten what was the figure number. Very big target and need the chain and pulley system to haul it up.

Think the current butt part are on standby to replaced any targets that are no more usable. Too many holes in a target will make the bullets just go through and wont be accurate. I like the computer system as the target will fall when hit....can aim off to make sure its on target. The older manual targets wont fall....so we just listen to the instructors and assume we hit the target. My helmet's inner liner was like a chequered box.....maciam playing checkers.....

(edited)

You forgot to mention how we cheated at the butt party during test. All par kart to delay lowering down the target when target down order is given ya....

Edited by Eviilusion

Turbocharged

Any old birds still having this watch? Surprisingly after so many years mine still running strong! Not simple!

post-76438-0-37683200-1520079627_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Think the current butt part are on standby to replaced any targets that are no more usable. Too many holes in a target will make the bullets just go through and wont be accurate. I like the computer system as the target will fall when hit....can aim off to make sure its on target. The older manual targets wont fall....so we just listen to the instructors and assume we hit the target. My helmet's inner liner was like a chequered box.....maciam playing checkers.....ððð

Soldiers now can only say their life and training very different.

Few years before I MR, join a newer battalion to serve my remaining obligation. Though some are not very fit. But skill sets they have is good.

They are all very serious in the Close quarters combat. Because it's live firing. The new indoor range have video reviews to see how each detail perform. A bit like watching counter strike.

(edited)

Soldiers now can only say their life and training very different.

Few years before I MR, join a newer battalion to serve my remaining obligation. Though some are not very fit. But skill sets they have is good.

They are all very serious in the Close quarters combat. Because it's live firing. The new indoor range have video reviews to see how each detail perform. A bit like watching counter strike.

must be an active unit during ns that you were attached to. Most of them have the experience drilled into them during ns.....hence they are more versed in their craft. My unit was like that......the men and the older ncos gave the raw officers and ncos the experience. We were more independant and got the job done eventhough can be unruly. My section will gamble and gamble....no sleep for exercises.

The last few reservist we had shortage of ncos as most had mr earlier.....delta was mothballed and the men distributed to other companies. The whole battalion had shortage of manpower due to death and downgrades. Some of the man was promoted to ncos and had to take over the section full of friends and comrades. Quite a sticky situation but they mr together as friends.....i didnt mr.....got downgraded for the last in-camp. Din even get the watch and testimonial.

Edited by Eviilusion

Any old birds still having this watch? Surprisingly after so many years mine still running strong! Not simple!

How many years? I still have one. Not working.

Supersonic

must be an active unit during ns that you were attached to. Most of them have the experience drilled into them during ns.....hence they are more versed in their craft. My unit was like that......the men and the older ncos gave the raw officers and ncos the experience. We were more independant and got the job done eventhough can be unruly. My section will gamble and gamble....no sleep for exercises.

The last few reservist we had shortage of ncos as most had mr earlier.....delta was mothballed and the men distributed to other companies. The whole battalion had shortage of manpower due to death and downgrades. Some of the man was promoted to ncos and had to take over the section full of friends and comrades. Quite a sticky situation but they mr together as friends.....i didnt mr.....got downgraded for the last in-camp. Din even get the watch and testimonial.

walao, so smelly, downgrade then dont get watch and testimonial...

walao, so smelly, downgrade then dont get watch and testimonial...

git downgrade after 11 yr.....13 yrs cycle. 10 hikeys and 3 low keys. Low key we were transferred to pdf unit in-charge of pows. Had broken my wrist and went for surgery after Starlight and the injury to my knee in Starlight was still bugging me. But it seems saf forgot that i served nearly 15 yrs.....but its okay lar...just a normal watch...but if Rolex i sure chase wan...

Supersonic

git downgrade after 11 yr.....13 yrs cycle. 10 hikeys and 3 low keys. Low key we were transferred to pdf unit in-charge of pows. Had broken my wrist and went for surgery after Starlight and the injury to my knee in Starlight was still bugging me. But it seems saf forgot that i served nearly 15 yrs.....but its okay lar...just a normal watch...but if Rolex i sure chase wan...ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£ð

haiz SAF smelly...

anyway bro you just need to ask for a Lolex from our resident Lolex dealer in MCF

Turbocharged

How many years? I still have one. Not working.

Mine abt 14 - 15yrs ba...did changed battery of course.

Twincharged

how you define old bird

i check bird still alive but just more tan than usual

can give chance and still consider youthful but not young

• Praise 2

@kdash...will be in December this year...... How time flies. My unit is maciam guinea pigs......think we were used when they intro recall manning and stand-by now known as ntm. Back then we just called them stand-by and the worst was the high-key stand-by. All live rounds were loaded into magazines and stored in the tonner with the red-flag together with grenades, at 4 rounds etc. Cant book-out for 7 days and no personnel from the other companies are allowed into our company line.....want to go out of company line also need to bookout. We even slept with our boots....

Huh.. live rounds in mags?

What year was that?

Don't think 2ntm company did that in my unit. Early 90s.

Returning ammo will be a huge hassle

(edited)

Huh.. live rounds in mags?

What year was that?

Don't think 2ntm company did that in my unit. Early 90s.

Returning ammo will be a huge hassle

mid 80s. Tell me about it! I had to put the round into the mag, remember the sequence and after the stand-by had to unload and put back the rounds into the wooden crates. The sgt even took out the incendiary grenades out of the styrofoam container and let us touch it. Me and my platoon mates even had a contest who could load the fastest....lol. As i said earlier......we were the guinea pigs because SAF was then evolving. Stand-bys, recall-manning, open-mob and computerised controlled motorised targets were being introduced during that time.

haiz SAF smelly...

anyway bro you just need to ask for a Lolex from our resident Lolex dealer in MCF

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1