Let's talk about addictions

Philipkee

Supersonic

Weird one? Mustank will always come to mind. Testing distilled water on steam iron.

Up till now I still can't forgive him tickle my laughing nerve for hours.ð

ya i saw this one. @mustank took a few years to test out the iron before posting his findings haha...

I'm addicted to lame jokes, puns and memes.

I think they are very smart!

4F9932C0-75B0-492B-A213-5F5E2DAD94F3.jpeg

E07C1180-B00C-45CF-A9A5-62D98843D123.jpeg

love lame jokes and memes too! also love BBT
↡ Advertisement

Surprised no one mentioned caffeine lol.

Other than smoking, drinking, internet, self pleasuring. Anyone got any weird ones lol

I am addicted to carbon dioxide.

I take it with water at least 6 times

a day. I used to take it with sugar

lemon and lime and even with beer

but now I just have it with only water

and nothing else. Better in me than in the

atmosphere. I do my bit for global warming.  [thumbsup]

:D

ya i saw this one. @mustank took a few years to test out the iron before posting his findings haha...

love lame jokes and memes too! also love BBT

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Mine is death and beyond ....more like a strong affinity vs a real

Addiction

Still in deep wonder of existentialism and the spirits beyond us.

i know this may sound irrelevant to you

the time will come eventually for everyone of us, mortality is very real for everybody 

our currently earthly life is so very very short compared to our afterlife which is eternity

at some point in our lives we have to ask ourselves, why are using up our current earthly life (time) to dwell on the afterlife which is eternity

are we making full use of current earthly life

if god or who ever the creator is who wants to think of our afterlife 24/7, I am sure he or she would not have made us with earthly life

what is more important is to live your earthly life well

• Praise 1

Weird one? Mustank will always come to mind. Testing distilled water on steam iron.

Up till now I still can't forgive him tickle my laughing nerve for hours.ð

It’s true you know :XD:

everything in moderation bro...

i believe TS may have better social life than me haha... at this stage my life is revolving around kids...

Yes in moderation.

One drink a day

• Praise 2

(edited)

Surprised no one mentioned caffeine lol.

Other than smoking, drinking, internet, self pleasuring. Anyone got any weird ones lol

Yes coffee / tea.

I think because we drink it daily that we thought it's a norm and not an addiction.

To some, the process of the drink is art and part of culture.

friendly-cosy-and-great.jpg

kopi-o.jpg

Chinese_Tea.jpg

Edited by Atonchia

Yes in moderation.

One drink a day

Yes in moderation.

1 glass of wine is good for the heart.

:D

glass.jpg

• Praise 1

i think i should start writing diary, nowadays when we have 'free' time, all we do is take out the phone and get connected to everything, except ourselves. 

Below is the play (Why we chat?) i watched last weekend and it really hit me when my wife told me why i keep looking at the phone.  

ANALYSING ‘CHAT’
Yang Zhao, Literary Consultant

Why do people spend so much time on “chat”? What is the appeal of “chat”? Very simply, for most people, this comes from increasing unfamiliarity with solitude. Being comfortable with solitude has become increasingly alien to us, whereas it used to be the most prevalent
and ordinary mode of existence in the past. Historically, achievements in human civilisation would not have been possible without solitary
activities such as walking, reading, singing, writing in one’s journal. These experiences are incubatory for inventiveness and they can
only happen when a person is alone and not distracted. Most importantly, solitude gives us space to think and reflect. Reflection on one’s
experiences cannot take place unless one is alone; solitude allows us to revisit experiences in our mind, and through this process things
may become clearer, our understanding of situations may thus be deepened.

In the present day and age most people have lost touch with the enjoyment of solitude, something that takes time to cultivate. This is why they get bored easily and the most common solution to boredom is “chat”. What we have then is a vicious cycle: relying more and more on “chat” to fill our time means that we are also depleting whatever’s left of our propensity for solitude, which then increases our dependency on distractions from boredom.

We live in an age of too much information; updates arrive every other minute, providing us with more information than we need, or indeed can cope with. In Mandarin the phrase “已读不回” (“yidu buhui”), translated literally as “no reply to the read message” has become  commonplace. Why is this the case? Because it taps on a sentiment that everyone with a cellphone can relate to, that feeling of wondering why someone who’s received and read our message hasn’t bothered to reply. Because the anticipated exchange isn’t continued, because the other person doesn’t behave as anticipated by replying, the party who sent the message naturally feels rejected and hurt. These  receivers of messages can be differentiated into those that upsets and hurts you when they don’t reply, and those that doesn’t reply, but which you are not concern about.

By right, we should care more about the former, that is, those who don’t reply, since the anticipation of a reply already suggests one’s investment of emotion in the other. If a person isn’t emotionally invested in their relationships, they wouldn’t set so much store by a text message reply. And yet, strange though it may seem, what tends to happen is that most of us would steer clear of people who don’t reply.

Probably because our instinct is to protect ourselves! We don’t want to be affected by friends who upset us when they don’t reply to our messages, we would rather spend our time with others who are more laidback and who understand that it’s just “chat”. As “chat”  becomes more and more prevalent as a mode of communication, the time we spend on it increases exponentially, and yet, we won’t be having better conversations with each other. Instead, through “chat”, the quality of our conversations will be adversely affected such that we actually end up communicating less with each other, or in less meaningful ways. 

The English title of the play Why We Chat? puns on the name of the popular social media platform WeChat. Seismic changes have been wrought by social media, changes that are explored by the play; at the same time, the title also reminds us that chatting via social media is not as uncomplicated as we may think. The social implications of “chat” ought to be examined closely and carefully.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Have 2 bad additions:

- keep on focusing on handphone screen

- or pi sai

Last time was addicted to coke. 

Have 2 bad additions:

- keep on focusing on handphone screen

- or pi sai

Last time was addicted to coke.

- tofu and steam egg

- instant noodle and sausage

• Praise 1

Supersonic

- tofu and steam egg

- instant noodle and sausage

That is not addiction.

That is due to unfavorable circumstances.

Aiya, rich people won't understand it. 

(edited)

Me too addicted to instant noodle cook dry. Add ikea meatball and jam. Topping add beacon bits..Wow...yummy.

Edited by Kopites

Agreed.

If meeting for lunch or dinner with my fren n they still play with their phone, I will kan them n remind them friendship is more important than that piece of device.

Hahahaha, no wonder they rather be on their phone than to face you, because you “kan” people.

i think i should start writing diary, nowadays when we have 'free' time, all we do is take out the phone and get connected to everything, except ourselves.

Below is the play (Why we chat?) i watched last weekend and it really hit me when my wife told me why i keep looking at the phone.

The QUOTE you posted is Good, thank you!!!!

I’m gonna stay away from this forum. ..... got better things to do and think

↡ Advertisement