Let's talk about addictions

Philipkee

That is not addiction.

That is due to unfavorable circumstances.

Aiya, rich people won't understand it.

I also not rich, but I know how to be happy :D
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

I also not rich, but I know how to be happy :D

You don't come and ka jiao me with those nonsense again, especially now when I am sick.  [rifle]

You don't come and ka jiao me with those nonsense again, especially now when I am sick. [rifle]

I say happy cos I only look at positive things in my life and not the negative ones, how nonsense can that be.

Supersonic

I say happy cos I only look at positive things in my life and not the negative ones, how nonsense can that be.

I know what you are trying to driving at but no thanks, it's nonsense and it is my positive view. 

Get back to topic.

Surprised no one says addicted to work. Or addicted to monitoring stock markets.

But I did have one addiction that I managed to keep myself away from. Many years ago I "played" forex. I used"""" cos my definition of play is put my money under foreign currency fixed deposit in a bank and earn the interest while monitoring the fluctuations and converting it back to sing dollar once it went in my favour.

I put the currency unter fixed tenures of one month so end of every month if the currency exchange goes in my favour I just convert it back. But what happens is that I will spend every few hours or minutes if I am free monitoring the fluctuations instead of monitoring it only once a month.

I did earn a few thousand dollars over the years but I stopped doing this cos the effort and the distraction was not worth it.

Actually happiness also happens when you look back at the negative things in your life. Key word : back. As the negative things are happening, it's probably something you want to forget but as the years go by, some of these negative memories bring back some sense of nostalgia.

Surprised no one says addicted to work. Or addicted to monitoring stock markets.

But I did have one addiction that I managed to keep myself away from. Many years ago I "played" forex. I used"""" cos my definition of play is put my money under foreign currency fixed deposit in a bank and earn the interest while monitoring the fluctuations and converting it back to sing dollar once it went in my favour.

I put the currency unter fixed tenures of one month so end of every month if the currency exchange goes in my favour I just convert it back. But what happens is that I will spend every few hours or minutes if I am free monitoring the fluctuations instead of monitoring it only once a month.

I did earn a few thousand dollars over the years but I stopped doing this cos the effort and the distraction was not worth it.

If one is addicted to work, they won't be in MCF

Actually happiness also happens when you look back at the negative things in your life. Key word : back. As the negative things are happening, it's probably something you want to forget but as the years go by, some of these negative memories bring back some sense of nostalgia.

i dun look back on negative things in life (not that i have none), i think when you look at the negative ones, it may motivate you to be better.

But then i only count the good ones and count it everyday, maybe that stop me from moving forward   [laugh]

Current addictions.

- Coke, only classic coca cola.

- Mentos, only strong mint.

- r/c, only heli, drone and boat.

- fish rearing.

- road trips, driving long distances.

- tv programs, only documentaries, reality and mediacorp drama.

- football, esp Gunners.

- UFC.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1