The all new BMW X7

Tianmo

I thought it’s only a 6 seater without an option for 7 which I personally feel is a waste but if they have a 7 seater option then it would be great.

Standard is 7 seater.

Option is 6 seater.

Since last row can be folded, boot is humongous

↡ Advertisement

To put the size of this thing into perspective,

1. the length of the X7 is 5.1 metres. A full size 7 seater MPV like the Alphard is only 4.8 metres. 

2. Wheelbase of X7 is 3.1 metres, Alphard is only 2.95 metres

3. Width of X7 is 2 metres, Alphard is only 1.85 metres

Only thing smaller than Alphard is height. X7 is 1.8 metres and Alphard is 1.9 metres. 

So yes, X7 will have an imposing presence on the roads. Any bigger will become a mini bus, not a luxurious SUV :D

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1

Standard is 7 seater.

Option is 6 seater.

Since last row can be folded, boot is humongous

Ok tks for clarification. The pics showed captain seats in the middle row n hence I thought it was only a 6 seater which would have been a pity for such a huge car. Agreed the boot is large which can’t be said for for most 3 row cars.

• Praise 4

1. the length of the X7 is 5.1 metres. A full size 7 seater MPV like the Alphard is only 4.8 metres.

Only thing smaller than Alphard is height. X7 is 1.8 metres and Alphard is 1.9 metres.

So yes, X7 will have an imposing presence on the roads. Any bigger will become a mini bus, not a luxurious SUV :D

Height of 1.8m is good to enable entry to most car parks locally but the longer, wider stance means it will occupy almost the whole of our local car park lot n thus getting in/out would be a challenge plus there will be dings aplenty unfortunately
  • Praise 4

2m width wow...

My mid sized sedan is only 1.86m.

Going to be very difficult to park in many MSCP.  If no landed and no chauffer, don't get this car  [laugh]

Height of 1.8m is good to enable entry to most car parks locally but the longer, wider stance means it will occupy almost the whole of our local car park lot n thus getting in/out would be a challenge plus there will be dings aplenty unfortunately

2m width wow...

My mid sized sedan is only 1.86m.

Going to be very difficult to park in many MSCP.  If no landed and no chauffer, don't get this car  [laugh]

u can't even open the door in most carparks, no matter how u readjust in the lot.

Lol better go out only if u can valet or in some carparks like wheelock or what.

Indeed its going to be damn tough in carparks such as wheelock, golden mile etc. 

Edited by Lethalstrike

On the contrary, being typical singaporean, i prefer 7 seats esp on such a big car n that it would be wasted if can only ferry 6.

I can understand that there might be a market for 6 seats on a luxury SUV/MPV but i would have made it an option so it can have the flexibility of 6/7 seats depending on buyerâs preference. Something like Odyssey.

The middle row can be swapped out for a standard 3 row seat upon customer request
  • Praise 1

Yes, it's lethal striking big, but a tad smaller than the Infiniti QX80.

L - 5290 mm

WB - 3075 mm

W - 2047 mm

H - 1940 mm

To put things in perspective, in the large size premium SUV segment,

Audi Q7: 5,052mm (L) x 1,968mm (W) x 1,740mm (H) x 2,994mm (WB)

Mercedes-Benz GLS: 5,130mm (L) x 1,934mm (W) x 1,850mm (H) x 3,075mm (WB)

BMW X7: 5,151mm (L) x 2,000mm (W) x 1,805mm (H) x 3,105mm (WB)

A size smaller / class lower we have,

Volvo XC90: 4,950mm (L) x 2,008mm (W) x 1,776mm (H) x 2,984mm (WB)

Mercedes-Benz GLE: 4,935mm (L) x 1,950mm (W) x 1,796mm (H) x 2,995mm (WB)

BMW X5: 4,922mm (L) x 2,004mm (W) x 1,745mm (H) x 2,975mm (WB)

• Praise 5

Just in case you have no idea how big itâs

Hilux 5,330mm (L) x 1,855mm (W) x 1,815mm (H) 3,085mm (WB)

Looks the X7 has the longest wheelbase among its direct competitors, and even to commercial van like the Hiace.
  • Praise 1

Looks the X7 has the longest wheelbase among its direct competitors, and even to commercial van like the Hiace.

It’s typical of BMW to push the wheel closest to the edge of the car for better handling
  • Praise 1