Corolla Hatch/Auris launched at Geneva 2018

gemmoglock

The one in HK, from the video, it was mentioned that it is parallel import.

https://youtu.be/CIgVjKSyV5U

HK market has got the Gen12 as well. HK market Toyotas tends to be JDM products with export market tuning and all english instrument cluster

https://youtu.be/h4GBI-9VdGQ

Taiwan also got it liao. 170hp 2L Dynamic Force engine as well. 

So it will arrive in SEA soon. 

https://youtu.be/KIcJ_AFQSRI

↡ Advertisement

With this new attitude and direction of Toyota, I am looking forward to see the new Corolla Altis. I doubt the 1.8 or the 2.0 which has the new dynamic force technology input engines to make it to our shores. But if it does, I think it will be great.

Along with the new Altis, I hope Borneo Motors will bring in the Tourer model as well.

With this new attitude and direction of Toyota, I am looking forward to see the new Corolla Altis. I doubt the 1.8 or the 2.0 which has the new dynamic force technology input engines to make it to our shores. But if it does, I think it will be great.

Along with the new Altis, I hope Borneo Motors will bring in the Tourer model as well.

Currently, EOL Altis is using ZR series engine.

Unlikely Asean version going to get M20A.  CHR also use ZR series engine.

Maybe after facelift, new Altis will be M20A.  But Singapore might stuck with ZR series engine or NR series engine used in Vios.

Anyone can advise whether the new corolla sports tourer/estate/station wagon will be in sales in Singapore and when?

Many thanks

You should ask Borneo Motors for this. 

Anyone can advise whether the new corolla sports tourer/estate/station wagon will be in sales in Singapore and when?

Many thanks

Write in to Borneo motors to show your interest. They have replied mine by saying depending on market response and needs.

Write in to Borneo motors to show your interest. They have replied mine by saying depending on market response and needs.

feel BM marketing team slow response to the market trend of car ( shrinkage in sedan car sales and more ppl prefer SUV,Hatchback or wagon)

Car havent bring in, wonder how they depend on market response and needs le?

feel BM marketing team slow response to the market trend of car ( shrinkage in sedan car sales and more ppl prefer SUV,Hatchback or wagon)

Hopefully with the new female leadership, BM can break tradition and be more bold in introducing interesting models of Toyotas.

Sent in an inquiry today to BM. They got back to me pretty quick (less than an hour's after my submission). The female staff on the other end told me that BM has no intention of bringing in any new generation Corolla models (both hatch and touring sports, sadly), no ETA also. She advised to approach the PIs for the JDM models if really really keen.

Sent in an inquiry today to BM. They got back to me pretty quick (less than an hour's after my submission). The female staff on the other end told me that BM has no intention of bringing in any new generation Corolla models (both hatch and touring sports, sadly), no ETA also. She advised to approach the PIs for the JDM models if really really keen.

No more Corolla in future?

Since current model will be replaced by next year

No more Corolla in future?

Since current model will be replaced by next year

The only Corolla she mentioned was the Altis, which she stressed that its made/assembled in Thailand. Which will still be made available. For the Hatch and Touring its a firm no, at least from my conversation with her. Need the others to verify also, since the ADs sometime will roti prata.

The only Corolla she mentioned was the Altis, which she stressed that its made/assembled in Thailand. Which will still be made available. For the Hatch and Touring its a firm no, at least from my conversation with her. Need the others to verify also, since the ADs sometime will roti prata.

This stance is consistent with my understanding.

TMAP will not import JDM unless got hi demand like Wish or Harrier.

Then that's too bad. They don't even want to try to bring in like Auris hatch. Guess will have to see if JDM Corolla wagon is the same as the Euro model or not, as usually JDM one is smaller in size like what Axio to Altis is. No news on the Wagon model in Japan as yet. If it is the same as Euro, PI has hope of bringing in.

Then wait for PI to bring in. Chances are higher

New RAV4 still not in.