Stringent car and motorcycle testing

Evillusion

in due time you will see residents at private condo will need to bid for parking lots.

ya lo, they dun let me have 3rd lot. kns

(edited)

I can see a trend......this kind of shitty announcement are always a few days before or during a coe exercise.....and we keep falling for that fear-mongering game....

What's new... always rinse n wash, same old tactic not only for COE but lot of other policies too.

Edited by Cheesey74
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

in due time you will see residents at private condo will need to bid for parking lots.

And that would be the prerequisite to buy the new launches.

No parking lot, no buy.

And that would be the prerequisite to buy the new launches.

No parking lot, no buy.

Soon we can invest in car park lot.

No need buy condo.

What's new... always rinse n wash, same old tactic not only for COE but lot of other policies too.

70% still believe them......haiz!

Go to Vicom Changi North.

Confirm no queue.

Haha nice proposal ~

But I stay at Bukit Batok, I think travelling time and petrol doesn't seem too enticing.

Haha nice proposal ~

But I stay at Bukit Batok, I think travelling time and petrol doesn't seem too enticing.

It is enticing for non car fan

bro.....majority of the renovation works are done by the Malaysian workers since dont-know-when. The reno contractors that applied for reno works are Singaporean but the work are done by Malaysian. Same goes for car workshop......owner is SG or SPR but the mechs are mostly Malaysians save for the service advisor or engineer! Been that way for the longest time.

I guess that's to save Labour costs. Moreover there are some jobs that locals do not want to do. Foreign labour in these industries therefore is vital

I guess that's to save Labour costs. Moreover there are some jobs that locals do not want to do. Foreign labour in these industries therefore is vital

thats why they drive their van or ride their motorcycle....they are only the workers......skillwise they are better than the indian nationals, bangla and prc! So of course they will cost more....but still cheaper than employing sg lang.

thats why they drive their van or ride their motorcycle....they are only the workers......skillwise they are better than the indian nationals, bangla and prc! So of course they will cost more....but still cheaper than employing sg lang.

Actually prc last few years also a lot. After that the govt change the regulation. Now it seems their population slight down?

Actually prc last few years also a lot. After that the govt change the regulation. Now it seems their population slight down?

skill wise bro.....the Malaysians are much better skilled in their trade.....even mechanics they are a notch above....

Turbocharged

Why do this and yet allow Malaysian vehicles without such test to grace our roads?

Such things makes it hard to do business here.

I was passing by some new development and most vehicles I see are Malaysian doing work, we are pricing ourself out of business.

objective is to make money lor. why you test cars left a year to scrap? then you allow import of noisy motochcles just because they are expensive. regukations twist and turn? 

Neutral Newbie

Blame those car dealers lor, they kept lobbying to the govt that it is unfair for them if people kept renewing coe

More inspection is better. Honestly our inspection is too slack at every 2 years. In UK it's done yearly after 3 years old.

More frequent inspection will ensure cars are well maintained and road worthy. No money to maintain car, please don't drive! Sick of seeing those SJ* plates with headlights and brake lights not working. They are a danger to others on the road. 1 more year to get them all off the roads!

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 2

Twincharged
(edited)

More inspection is better. Honestly our inspection is too slack at every 2 years. In UK it's done yearly after 3 years old.

More frequent inspection will ensure cars are well maintained and road worthy. No money to maintain car, please don't drive! Sick of seeing those SJ* plates with headlights and brake lights not working. They are a danger to others on the road. 1 more year to get them all off the roads!

And those with the broken exhaust or shocks. There's these 2 SK* plate cars at my block with super loud exhaust. Normal B&B cars, not super cars. Civic and Impreza. I think their exhaust rusted till got hole and never change. Every night when they come back, will activate some of the cars with very sensitive alarm... 

With more stringent inspections, I guess these owners will have no choice but to spend money to fix their cars.

Edited by Nzy
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1