Burmese python swallows largest ....

Lmws214

Turbocharged
Burmese python swallows largest meal on record: A young deer heavier than itself.

Experts at the Conservancy of Southwest Florida will soon be publishing an interesting study - one which includes its documentation of a 14.29-kilogram Burmese python swallowing a heavier 15.88-kilogram young white-tailed deer.

According to a statement issued by the organisation, the discovery of the python was made in April 7, 2015 at the Collier-Seminole State Park. The python appeared "distended by a large food bulge."

Wildlife biologists captured the animal for study. Later in captivity, the 11-foot female python became stressed and regurgitated its large meal.

Experts believed the incident to be the largest predator-to-prey ratio ever documented for Burmese pythons, and possibly pythons in general. Additional observations and findings regarding the case will be published in the March 2018 issue of the journal Herpetological Review.

Burmese pythons are snakes native to tropical South and Southeast Asia. They may have entered the United States through the pet trade and were either set loose or escaped from their owners. The pythons are considered an invasive species in southwest Florida where these snakes have negatively affected the area's native wildlife.

Some studies suggest the pythons were 90 per cent responsible for the decline of small animals in the eastern Everglades. Discovering the deer in the python's stomach raised concerns that the snakes could even affect deer population by praying on the young.

Efforts are currently underway to reduce python population by removing female breeding pythons to disrupt the egg-laying cycle and prevent new pythons from being born.

http://www.asiaone.com/world/burmese-python-swallows-largest-meal-record-young-deer-heavier-itself

post-197177-0-76813800-1520386661.jpg

post-197177-0-70584000-1520386667_thumb.jpeg

post-197177-0-65097200-1520386673_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

only if the chinese would love eating them..

when i stayed in the kampung....one family caught a big python, injured it and left it to die in the longkang, another family brought it home and had a sumptious dinner later that night..
  • Praise 2

when i stayed in the kampung....one family caught a big python, injured it and left it to die in the longkang, another family brought it home and had a sumptious dinner later that night..

• Praise 1

isnt it cruel to injure an animal and then left it to die? isnt it be better to just give it die a fast one?

early 70s bro. Animal's right not born yet...

(edited)

So scary. Fortunately I think it was not hungry then! Otherwise, just imagine...

i saw the head as i was playing on some large concrete pipes. The place it was resting was well-known for some mysterious happening.....infront of a tua pek kong and the chinese villagers likes to throw 'things' there after their offerings during the ghost month. Its head was big.....bigger than those caught by any of the villagers. As kampung kids...you know lar....one see oni will shout and take things and throw at whatever! Edited by Eviilusion

Supersonic

i saw the head as i was playing on some large concrete pipes. The place it was resting was well-known for some mysterious happening.....infront of a tua pek kong and the chinese villagers likes to throw 'things' there after their offerings during the ghost month. Its head was big.....bigger than those caught by any of the villagers. As kampung kids...you know lar....one see oni will shout and take things and throw at whatever!ððð

I even had one baby python as pet......give live rats for food! Dead rats it wont touch unless you use something to make the dead rat move. The strike was lightning fast!

How long you keep it before you release it?

How long you keep it before you release it?

less than a yr. We kept it in a wooden ammo box....my late father likes to buy army things....i dont know where? He sometime buy those world war 2 army helmets to make blades from the metal.

The baby python (escaped or was thrown away by my mum) during the 1977 big flood......we totally forgot about it during the evacuation to the next kampung. My late father is quite an adventurous man he had many manual skills. He brought home a civet cat when we were living in AMK....

Just last Sunday while doing my morning walk at park connector, saw a python just Makan something n resting by the side. Passers by oredi started calling the authority and barricade the spot. Was wondering what did the Python makan siah?

There used to be a white cat in the same spot waiting for some one to feed her in the morning. These few day never see her again. I think gone liao

• Praise 1

think mata will call that chio lady working for wildlife protector.....forgot its name! Most prob the animal will be released into a wildlife sanctuary in macritchie or pierce. Singapore doesnt have much wildlife left........

python arent venomous.........me and my friends ever catch a green viper with our barehand...........kampung days. That time i wS not even 10 yrs old and thinking back i say we were crazy......

post-167240-0-81688200-1520479689_thumb.jpg

ya....the one standing in the sewer.....you can also tell her you have a kim chuak in your pants....

↡ Advertisement