• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
142 replies to this topic | 556 praises

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:14 PM

Carbon82

This thread is for sharing of car model not available in Singapore. It is not necessary that the car must be something exotic, very rare or for that matter, cost you an arm and leg (well, every car here cost us an arm and leg already...)

I still remembered in the early 90s (during the pre-internet era), when I made my first overseas trip to Europe, I was like a mountain tortoise, staring at every car model on the street, and spending half of my photo films shooting nothing but just "rare" cars that I have never seen in Singapore, hahaha  [grin]  [dizzy]  [dizzy]

OK, let me start the ball rolling, and these few are high on my list (and many more to come)...

BMW X1 LWB. I am a sucker for LWB model, as the additional leg room in the rear make the car feel a class high than standard wheelbase model.

2017-bmw-x1-long-wheelbase-2-bmw.jpg

2017-bmw-x1-long-wheelbase-13-bmw-the-lo

BMW 5 Series LWB. Who will need a 7 Series if we can have this model...

69525150ee69f19c29b21d7f5dabfc82_XL.jpgaz8x1554.jpg

3rd Generation Honda Accord (JDM). I am also a fan of pop up headlight...

honda_accord_2.0si_7.jpeg

honda_accord_2.0si_2.jpeg

Honda Odyssey (USDM). This make it a very good competitor to the Alphard and like...

honda_odyssey_638.jpeg

honda_odyssey_78.jpeg

Kia Grand Carnival. Another great looking full size MPV...

kia_grand_carnival_12.jpeg

kia_grand_carnival_23.jpeg

2018 Buick Enclave Avenir. A direct competitor to the highly acclaimed Mazda CX9... 

buick_enclave_80.jpeg

buick_enclave_avenir_9.jpeg

<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:18 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I will stay far far from MIC BMW.

The quality is lower than Malaysia SKD.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

Carbon82

Of course, there will also be something that I am thankful we don't have it here...

Honda Amaze. Doesn't it look like a smashed up City or something like that?

honda_amaze.jpeg

honda_amaze_1.jpeg

Toyota Calya. A moving milo tin...

calya-04.jpg

post9206_1.jpg

Tata Nano. The world cheapest car that trade your life for $$$...

autowp.ru_tata_nano_basic_5.jpg

autowp.ru_tata_nano_basic_4.jpg

Mercs praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:44 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I will stay far far from MIC BMW.

The quality is lower than Malaysia SKD.

It depends on whether a model is ment for export. BMW wont screw their brand name by selling bad quality cars to the world. It is like iphone, no one talks about iphone being made in China.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 12:49 PM

Darevil
  • Premium member
    Darevil
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

The Honda Amaze should be a competitor for Mitsubishi Attrage.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:01 PM

Carbon82

And here are another 3 model that I like, for it practicality (space).

Jaguar XF Sportbrake. A very handsome and well built estate...

jaguar_xf_2.5t_r-sport_sportbrake_76.jpe

jaguar_xf_2.5t_r-sport_sportbrake_9.jpeg

VW Passat (NMS). This is LWB version of what we had in Singapore, and a tad wider too.

volkswagen_passat_tsi_r-line_3.jpeg

volkswagen_passat_tsi_r-line_2.jpeg

Chrysler Pacifica. A true full size MPV, providing ample space even when all seats are in position...

chrysler_pacifica_2.jpeg

chrysler_pacifica_limited_5.jpeg

Angcheek and Mercs praised this

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

All China made  Mercedes Benz E-Class,BMW 5 Series,Audi A6,A4,& VW Passat are LWB.

Fairlady.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It depends on whether a model is ment for export. BMW wont screw their brand name by selling bad quality cars to the world. It is like iphone, no one talks about iphone being made in China.

I sat in F10 520 which has only 4 airbag.  What's your thought?

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:08 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The list of such cars is very very long...
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 10 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The Tesla X 7 seater Suv

Posted 10 March 2018 - 04:38 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

All China made Mercedes Benz E-Class,BMW 5 Series,Audi A6,A4,& VW Passat are LWB.

LWB is a fav in China...

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:27 AM

Sugimoto
  • Sugimoto
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Nissan Grand Livina...even our neighbor Malaysia have it while Singapore dun have.

gallery_new-car-carlist-nissan-grand-liv

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:40 AM

Discoburg
  • Discoburg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Honda Brio. I love small hatchbacks.

brio_right_600x300.jpg

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:54 AM

Samlimlp
  • Samlimlp
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Toyota Crown Althele. Seen those in Japan, very premium and full features packed. My guess is Borneo not bringing in as it may affect its Lexus sales.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 08:55 AM

Fungyee77
  • Fungyee77
    5th Gear
    Author Image

The list of such cars is very very long...

Ya agree. Only 3 of 19 ( Barely 15%! ) cars on the mid-sized SUV list is in Singapore. 

https://cars.usnews....gs/midsize-suvs

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:03 AM

Carbon82
I have to admit that I am not a fan of small convertible (especially after driven the 2nd generation MX-5), but I somewhat find this MX-5 based Fiat Abarth 124 Spider kind of seductive... Sign of mid life crisis?

abarth_124_spider_97.jpg

abarth_124_spider_96.jpg

abarth_124_spider_98.jpg

abarth_124_spider_104.jpg

abarth_124_spider_103.jpg

abarth_124_spider_102.jpg
Newbie26, Angcheek, Aaronlkl and Freeder praised this

Posted 11 March 2018 - 11:46 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Tata Nano. The world cheapest car that trade your life for $$$...

autowp.ru_tata_nano_basic_5.jpg

autowp.ru_tata_nano_basic_4.jpg

Drove a nano before in Ahmedabad.. Pretty much similar feel as the Chery QQ.

1 kick to the door can dislodge it.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Ya agree. Only 3 of 19 ( Barely 15%! ) cars on the mid-sized SUV list is in Singapore. 

https://cars.usnews....gs/midsize-suvs

Not just SUVs, but those American muscle cars since the 1950s.  :nosebleed:

Only recently we get to the newest Ford Mustang. 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Toyota Crown Althele. Seen those in Japan, very premium and full features packed. My guess is Borneo not bringing in as it may affect its Lexus sales.

BM used to sell Toyota Crown Majesta

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:40 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I would say this.
1.Renault megane SW.
2.Toyota Etios(MIT attrage competitor)
3.Toyota Auris SW

Later I'll filling more

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2018-03-11-12-13-39-042_com.android.chrome.png
  • IMG_20180311_122000.png
  • IMG_20180311_122112.png

I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: lhd, lwb, rare, limited, cars and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users