How do I repair the zipper on my Samsonite computer bag?

golden_eagle

The zipper on my Samsonite laptop bag became loose, where the spiral of strings detached. That happens on both side pack and main compartment, after 15 months of usage. 

How do I get it repaired? 

The exterior looks quite new and solid, on the contrary other brands I used tend to break a hold in the corner and tear apart at the hinges.

If I must replace, which brand shall I use? 15 months is less considering the price is 3 times of my previous laptop bags. 

On average other brands I use lasted 1 year or so. 

↡ Advertisement

The zipper on my Samsonite laptop bag became loose, where the spiral of strings detached. That happens on both side pack and main compartment, after 15 months of usage.

The exterior looks quite new and solid, on the contrary other brands I used tend to break a hold in the corner and tear apart at the hinges.

If I must replace, which brand shall I use? 15 months is less considering the price is 3 times of my previous laptop bags.

The last samsonite laptop bag i had lasted 8 years and still in good condition. I changed to another samsonite bag bcos of free gift from an event.

Go to Samsonite retail shop and ask for repair services.

I think the samsonite outlet at changi business park does that.

The zipper on my Samsonite laptop bag became loose, where the spiral of strings detached. That happens on both side pack and main compartment, after 15 months of usage. 

(edited)

The last samsonite laptop bag i had lasted 8 years and still in good condition. I changed to another samsonite bag bcos of free gift from an event.

Go to Samsonite retail shop and ask for repair services.

you must have got a good copy. the store owner told me if the zipper broke within 6 months bring back to the service center with warranty card. maybe she knows that model has this problem. 

Checking warranty mine started broke in 3 locations during 17th month. Looks like the zipper quality of my unit is uniform. 

I think the samsonite outlet at changi business park does that.

Oh I see. Thank you for the information. 

Edited by golden_eagle

Twincharged

I remember they used to be operating out of a siglap property. Last i visited, reasonable pricing. Saw many SQ crew there.

Chiang Kong is the contractor for SATS .... when i worked at SATS Baggage Lost and Found Dept ... when paxs arrived, and their bags get damaged, the paxs will file a report and then we will get CK to do all the repairs and delivery.

they are the go-to bag repair people.

• Praise 2

I remember they used to be operating out of a siglap property. Last i visited, reasonable pricing. Saw many SQ crew there.

Actually seen it it’s nearer to Frankel Avenue ( quite near St Stephens school ) it’s a shophouse like place
  • Praise 2

I think still at Tanjung Katong road

Wow 3 kg lappy is heavy sia.

Yes. All other bags I used die because of the weight. 

I think still at Tanjung Katong road

Yes I think so.

Actually seen it it’s nearer to Frankel Avenue ( quite near St Stephens school ) it’s a shophouse like place

It has two shops I think. 

↡ Advertisement