COE obtained but no car

Thinker00

Supersonic

yup ... go CASE waste time waste air and puke blood

just go kaypoh and bang table and see can get some freebies like free servicing, etc

fight with dealer head on is futile ... just look at the sales agreement ... there is definitely fine prints to protect the dealer

buyers cant win one la ... if win ... must also lose 1 arm 1 leg ... not worth it

Going to CASE wastes a lot of time.

By the time CASE is able to react, the 6 month window period to hold the COE without car is already over.

I urge TS to go to the management directly to settle it. I'm sure they do not want to lose a customer and leave a bad reputation behind. 

↡ Advertisement

It is always important on our part as Buyers, to ask at Point of Sale if the stocks and choice of color is available now.

Then only you will know whether you are expecting to wait or not (with or without COE) before you signed the Sales Agreement.

This is always my Number 1 question to ask when I am deciding on my color choice.

• Praise 4

I doubt your car will take more than 6 months to arrive. Only wild card is lta homogation getting longer than it takes.

There are one off situation where the car that u supposed to get had technical engine problem. Not common but it does happen.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Max COE validity is 6 months, your AD will have to register your new car within 6 months. If you have an existing car to drive and better still if AD has a locked in price of your old car, just continue to drive on to delay depreciation of your new car. Unless you are so concerned becauer you dont want to delay your happiness.

There are so many reasons an AD has to delay delivery, as long as they could deliver your car withint the stipulated timeframe, you can either wait or bang table.

Usually, if there is a long wait for the car, the AD would inform upfront. For example, it is uncommon to wait 3 months for a Merc even when a Coe is secured. Even a Honda gotta wait.

• Praise 1

Thanks again. This is from my AD. So I am surprise that even AD will have this tactic. What can I do other than to seek compensation. The SE could reply me on this delay. Typical avoiding tactic. Pissed off. Wondering if I shld let CASE know on this

Looking at my agreement the SE left the date of delivery empty. I gathered they already did have the stock before selling me the car. All the more highlighting this particular AD under hand tactics. I'm going to write in to their managemen

Thanks all for the prompt replies. Didn't expect so many helpful people here:grin:

I hope the management would even get back to me

No, buying a new car is a happy occasion. To begin with, usually they do not specify the exact delivery date when we go into agreement as it’s difficult to pin down a date. Even when they’ve stock, they may need time to do local leather, solar film, fix audio, change rims, camera etc depending on what you manage to negotiate. But for Merc, all factory fitted.

Once COE bidded, it has expiry, so you sure get car.

Just wait, when your car finally arrive, you might be happier to get the car after all the inconveniences during the wait.

Let it remain a happy occasion.

It is always important on our part as Buyers, to ask at Point of Sale if the stocks and choice of color is available now.

Then only you will know whether you are expecting to wait or not (with or without COE) before you signed the Sales Agreement.

This is always my Number 1 question to ask when I am deciding on my color choice.

Unfortunately as one bro pointed out I learnt that it’s always over promise and under deliver. In all honestly they can say they have the stock when u sign the agreement but whatever happens thereafter is hard to predict

Going to CASE wastes a lot of time.

By the time CASE is able to react, the 6 month window period to hold the COE without car is already over.

I urge TS to go to the management directly to settle it. I'm sure they do not want to lose a customer and leave a bad reputation behind.

Agree with most bros here that case is a toothless tiger. So I’ll probably wait for their management to get back to me on this

Usually, if there is a long wait for the car, the AD would inform upfront. For example, it is uncommon to wait 3 months for a Merc even when a Coe is secured. Even a Honda gotta wait.

The thing was that I checked with the AD on this and emphasis the need to collect the car at the end of the month and the SE told me I would receive the car end of this month at the latest.

Hi all

Would like to check on something. While i understand that if the coe is not obtained, there would be a delay in getting the car.

However, if the downpayment has been made and that the COE has been obtained, why does the AD now tell me that they have no stock on hand to deliver based on the agreed timeline of delivery?

Wondering if anyone has experienced this and to what effect can this be resolved?

thanks!!

Hi Thinker, sad to hear you encounter a bump on the road to your new car. Sad to say, not all SE are honest in their dealings, whether buying new car or old ones. For your case, when will your car arrive ? Do share the firm & car model you are buying so the rest of the bros here can be aware.

I am not sure how they can pin down an agreed timeline as all these depends on the successful COE bidding. All the verbal agreement comes to nothing in a challenge. 

I give myself 3 months period when getting a new car, normally COE can secure around 2 months & 1 month to set up the car ( leather seats, solar film, DVD player, reverse cam etc... ). 

Twincharged

ppl always say don't do business with your friends or relatives ...

but my ex-colleague did not think it was taboo ...

secured his OWN coe in nov 17 ... sign agreement with his PI friend to get his car ....

guess what ....should be getting his car next this week only.

but at least the PI absorbed a rental car for him for a month ...

You’re probably right. But makes me wonder as i recalled someone in the CHR thread who said his PI got him the COE then couldn’t deliver n he took his COE to another PI n happy like toad after that

yes i remember this case. but much hassle for the person... 

Supersonic

^  Borneo Motors gets Sienta from Indonesia. Maybe domestic demand high.

Time to source from Japan.  [laugh]

Nobody seems to be answering your question on WHY dealer not delivering.

This is industry insider dirty trick that your dealer will not tell you. This was not told to you at first right! There was no clue nor any hint that stock has not arrived when you were signing right! They have the stock when you were buying. Then came along a buyer who insist on a similar colour as you chose, and/or same interior spec as yours. That buyer told dealer if you can deliver by XX date for that colour and/or that interior spec, then I buy. To close deal, dealer assigned your your car to that buyer, and tell you fairy tale.

This is industry insider dirty trick. Enjoy the fairy tale while you await your car !!

You are right.

This happens not just for buying cars.

It really depends on how the customers negotiate for more.

Time to source from Japan.  [laugh]

the ironical situation...

biggies AD with full workshop, sales, spares, showroom set-up hand-forced to take from lower tier source.

smaller, weaker, will-they-be-around-long  (PI) get from upper tier source. [laugh]

Borneo motors sienta lah. AD also verbally promised likely march maybe now april..

have not seen many new sienta on the road lately.

even those phv/uber sienta what happened to them - hardly see them.

You are right.

This happens not just for buying cars.

It really depends on how the customers negotiate for more.

I guess for BM, only when the front customer don't want then they offer to customer down the line.

example if a customer change his mind on car colour.

Supersonic

the ironical situation...

biggies AD with full workshop, sales, spares, showroom set-up hand-forced to take from lower tier source.

smaller, weaker, will-they-be-around-long (PI) get from upper tier source. [laugh]

have not seen many new sienta on the road lately.

even those phv/uber sienta what happened to them - hardly see them.

I guess for BM, only when the front customer don't want then they offer to customer down the line.

example if a customer change his mind on car colour.

Just look at the Honda HRV.

PHV job is not as lucrative as before, I think. Probably some are going back to drive cabs.

↡ Advertisement