Solar panels on HDB roof.

Neutrino

From my high HDB I can look down on 12 storey HDB. [laugh]

There looks to be some work going on on a group of 12 storey HDB nearby where they appear to be installing solar panels on the roof.

Is this correct and have they been installed elsewhere?

I think it's a good idea.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

From my high HDB I can look down on 12 storey HDB. [laugh]

There looks to be some work going on on a group of 12 storey HDB nearby where they appear to be installing solar panels on the roof.

Is this correct and have they been installed elsewhere?

I think it's a good idea.

my neighbourhood has them for more than a yr liao.......but i dont see the savings being passed to the residents.
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

my neighbourhood has them for more than a yr liao.......but i dont see the savings being passed to the residents.

Cos there isnt savings to begin with.. The payback for the panels alone will take more than 20yrs.. So wait long long if u wanna see savings passed down. Hehe..
  • Praise 3

Cos there isnt savings to begin with.. The payback for the panels alone will take more than 20yrs.. So wait long long if u wanna see savings passed down. Hehe..

They'll also say if don't install solar panels, the fees you pay to the town council will be increase a lot instead of so little increase.

• Praise 2

wah.....so long har! I thought those newer solar panels price has gone down by a lot! But still okay.....at least save some energy and the environment.

They'll also say if don't install solar panels, the fees you pay to the town council will be increase a lot instead of so little increase.

same like gst.....if dont increase now they say later must increase more.....

I rather they install thermal solar water pipes and give free hot water to the whole block

But of course, this can only be done for new flats

Being in insulated piping and insulated tanks is really really tough

• Praise 2

I rather they install thermal solar water pipes and give free hot water to the whole block

But of course, this can only be done for new flats

Being in insulated piping and insulated tanks is really really tough

This one I think also wait long long..

this is just government way of generating works to boast economy and meeting climate change pledge using public fund lah.

they should use them to provide more shades for our hot weather but it is a costly shade lah.

i would like to know how much government fundings were spsnt on these and who owns these company. at least we know why money always not enough

• Praise 1

The return of investment is slow. My neighbour installs solar panel and sell back to grid, he gets back about $100+ per month. Based on his investment, he needs more than 15 years to get back his money, letting alone repair and maintenance over the next 15 years.
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

The return of investment is slow. My neighbour installs solar panel and sell back to grid, he gets back about $100+ per month. Based on his investment, he needs more than 15 years to get back his money, letting alone repair and maintenance over the next 15 years.

Your Neighbour is not about $$$,he is those who love the Enviroment,hmm let me guess,is he driving a Hybrid or Electric Car.?

Your Neighbour is not about $$$,he is those who love the Enviroment,hmm let me guess,is he driving a Hybrid or Electric Car.?

Maybe is dooms day prepper people [sly]

I install my own solar panel with lights for my fish tank. $50 for the whole thing. Lights power on from 3 to 8 hrs depends on how sunny the day is.

post-2654-0-59630500-1520813413_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-38852000-1520813438_thumb.jpg

• Praise 4

How much he plowed in for the solar panel? Sell back to powergrid $100, own consumption save on $150 (minimum), if use electric/hybrid vehicle save another $150 on petrol....$400 saving a month good wor! I also know of 1.....private property....came out newspaper. Think he put in $25k.....he rich fella, father-in-law property developer.....very nice guy....he wants to save the environment.

you need to bypass your house electric meter. don't get yourself killed in the process.
  • Praise 1

You need to look at a bigger picture, not just look at solar panels.

With something of this scale you require installation. Control unit to charge the batteries. This is vital as you do not want to over-charge your batteries. These are fast charge and discharge batteries, no cheap. Power converter to convert 12V to 240V. Wiring installation.

You just have to imagine doing a small scale project just to charge your phone or any mobile device. Amazon has such kits but battery you will have to get locally. It's by no means cheap even for a small scale project.

Edited by Watwheels

you need to bypass your house electric meter. don't get yourself killed in the process.

think you have english literacy problem......since when i said i want to tap to those solar panels? I said its the neighbourhood.....set up by town council for electrical supply to the park and blocks lightings....
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1