Solar panels on HDB roof.

Neutrino

Cos there isnt savings to begin with.. The payback for the panels alone will take more than 20yrs.. So wait long long if u wanna see savings passed down. Hehe..

what is this compares to our 800k rubbish bin
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

this is just government way of generating works to boast economy and meeting climate change pledge using public fund lah.

they should use them to provide more shades for our hot weather but it is a costly shade lah.

i would like to know how much government fundings were spsnt on these and who owns these company. at least we know why money always not enough

Actually if u look around, there r more sheltered walkways, esp those linkin to mrt. New malls also hv bridges to link to one another. But I guess that's means e weather's getting hotter besides e plan for barrier free access

Govt spending aside

• Praise 1

You need to look at a bigger picture, not just look at solar panels.

With something of this scale you require installation. Control unit to charge the batteries. This is vital as you do not want to over-charge your batteries. These are fast charge and discharge batteries, no cheap. Power converter to convert 12V to 240V. Wiring installation.

You just have to imagine doing a small scale project just to charge your phone or any mobile device. Amazon has such kits but battery you will have to get locally. It's by no means cheap even for a small scale project.

Wah.. Another electrical guru.

Different context leh.. Not applicable in this thread.. But i do agree that sometimes taxpayers money are not properly utilised.

think you have english literacy problem......since when i said i want to tap to those solar panels? I said its the neighbourhood.....set up by town council for electrical supply to the park and blocks lightings....

relax bro... 

• Praise 1

he should live in an attap hut in the forest if he really wants to save the environment.

I don't see how living in a landed property helps to save the environment [laugh] [laugh]

How much he plowed in for the solar panel? Sell back to powergrid $100, own consumption save on $150 (minimum), if use electric/hybrid vehicle save another $150 on petrol....$400 saving a month good wor! I also know of 1.....private property....came out newspaper. Think he put in $25k.....he rich fella, father-in-law property developer.....very nice guy....he wants to save the environment.

he should live in an attap hut in the forest if he really wants to save the environment.

I don't see how living in a landed property helps to save the environment [laugh] [laugh]

attap hut in the forest has no value lei......but ya its true! Its good to go back to nature.....

For us lower level peasants, we can't even live in the forest...

Because there's not much forest left in Sinkiepore.

attap hut in the forest has no value lei......but ya its true! Its good to go back to nature.....

bukit timah......can use the carpark....

Can always join long term camper @ East Coast Park

East coast park is not a forest.

Can always join long term camper @ East Coast Park

maybe can stay in the hidden houses in dairy farm/bt timah forest [laugh]

bukit timah......can use the carpark....

East coast park is not a forest.

maybe can stay in the hidden houses in dairy farm/bt timah forest [laugh]

You can join SAF and go Mandai area and camp there lor. Hehe..  Forest enough, got troops patrolling every now and then.  Some wild boar also may join and steal your food (by force). :yeah-im-not-drunk:

you need to bypass your house electric meter. don't get yourself killed in the process.

Stealing from ah gong?

Wait die hard 5.0 ah :XD:

sinead o'connor :(

ubin....scary lar bro!

think the monsoon canal linking bukit panjang to the forested area across bke not bad hor......ððð

Sounds like a plan..hahhaa..

https://gravitylight.org/

Thus will also save the environment and provide lighting to the poorest people of the world.